Start by marking “Summertime” as Want to Read:
Summertime

Summertime

Linn Sparks wanted all life had to offer. Fame, fortune, glamour and excitement. She found it as a star of the stage at the Crown Theater in San Francisco.

For Ed Ferguson, life was far less complicated. All he wanted was Linnie Mae, but she’d left him standing alone at the altar seven years before when she’d run off to pursue her dreams.
Now, Linn Sparks has come home to Br
Published August 15th 2013 by Secret Cravings Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Summertime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summertime

Mae Clair
Aug 30, 2013 Mae Clair rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Summertime and was sucked into the story from the first page. At the center, this is the tale of Linn Sparks (or “Linnie Mae”) and Ed Ferguson, two people who are meant for each other but haven’t quite figured it out yet. At least Lynn hasn’t. She left Ed standing at the altar seven years ago when she jumped on the chance of becoming a famous singer in San Francisco.

Now a celebrity chanteuse and the star of San Francisco’s Crown Theater, she returns to the small town of Brook
Molly
Sep 15, 2013 Molly rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book! Again, you almost forget you're reading a historical book with the timeless theme! Really enjoyed the cast of characters in this small Kansas town and would like to see them return:) Great job Christina!
Renee
Nov 10, 2013 Renee rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Christina Cole's old west historical romances, and Summertime is no exception. I was immediately drawn in by the heroine, Linn Sparks. I did not like her, she was stuck up, thought she was better than everyone else and should be treated like royalty, all the while she treated her family and neighbors in her hometown of Brookfield like her personal servants. This is what grabbed my attention, what or who could possibly turn Miss Linn Sparks back into Linnie Mae.

The hero, Ed Ferg
Ashley Nemer
Oct 27, 2013 Ashley Nemer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-reviewed
This book was great. I'm trying to figure out where to start on this review. The first thing that I just loved about this book is that the town took place in Kansas. Not Wichita or another major city but a small town, outside of Wichita. Personally I can't get enough out of mid-west novels. Being from Kansas and all it makes me feel nice and nostalgic to read them.

Linn was an easy character to like. She had a bit of stubbornness that started to wear down as Ed pushed her. It was really enjoying
Jean
Aug 15, 2014 Jean rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Couldn't put it down. Ms. Cole's beautiful, descriptive writing brought me right into the story and made me feel like I was standing in Brookfield myself. The story centers on Linn Sparks. a woman who has had an unhappy life chasing dreams and seeking love and acceptance from her family. When she returns home, she discovers her feelings for the man she left at the altar seven years earlier haven't changed. In fact, not much in Brookfield has changed, except for the new theater.
At fir
Angelique
Dec 06, 2013 Angelique rated it it was amazing
Linn Sparks comes strolling into town after years of absence with a huge chip on her shoulder. Looking down her nose at the people that she grew up with. All of them except the man that still holds her heart.

Ed isn't sure how he feels about Linny Mae being back in town. One thing he does know is that she will break his heart again.

So - it is safe to say (thanks to the 5 bookworms) that I loved it. It was so much fun seeing this 'city girl' get brought back down to earth. It was such a full book.
Christina Cole
Oct 02, 2013 Christina Cole rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I truly loved writing this story. The inspiration came from summers I spent in a small farming community. My cousins and I would pretend to be singing stars and dream about living lives of glamour and excitement. For Linnie Mae Sparks, that dream came true.

I hope you enjoy Summertime.
Sandra Nachlinger
Sep 30, 2014 Sandra Nachlinger rated it it was amazing
In SUMMERTIME, author Christina Cole takes a successful actress from 1914 San Francisco and returns her to her hometown in rural Kansas. At first, heroine Linn ("Linnie Mae") Sparks is not a likable character - much too full of herself. However, as the story progresses, her attitude and motives begin to make sense and she also changes her outlook. This book is a romance so there's an expected happy ending, but Ms. Cole kept me wondering - would the story end with Linn and Ed living happily ever ...more
Amelia Wittenauer
Amelia Wittenauer rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Tanya Vought
Jan 10, 2014 Tanya Vought rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this unique book and will have review soon while on the book tour
Auggie
Auggie rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2013
V.L. Locey
Jan 08, 2014 V.L. Locey rated it really liked it
A delightful historical romance with characters you instantly fall in love with.
TJ
TJ added it
Jan 01, 2014
J.E. Rogers
J.E. Rogers marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Eva LeNoir
Eva LeNoir marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Vivien Glenver
Vivien Glenver marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Laura Reading
Laura Reading marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Devika Fernando
Devika Fernando marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Chastity Kidd
Chastity Kidd marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015