Start by marking “The Baby Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Baby Chronicles

The Baby Chronicles (The Whitney Chronicles #2)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Whitney Blake left spinsterhood behind when she became Mrs. Chase Andrews, and marriage is all she'd hoped for. But when her friends Mitzi and Kim start going baby-crazy, she longs for her own little bundle of joy. Wouldn't it be fun if they all could embark on their baby journey together? And so begins The Baby Chronicles, Whitney's journal of pregnancy, recording every b ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published September 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby Chronicles

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
67th out of 422 books — 431 voters
Redeeming Love by Francine RiversMark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine RiversLeaper by Geoffrey  WoodThe Master's Plan A Novel About Purpose by Stephany TullisThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  Wood
Christian Fiction Favorites
222nd out of 304 books — 299 voters

More lists with this book...

Trish
Made it through the first in the series and enjoyed the light tone (and the fact that it still managed to convey a nice faith element), but this one was just ridiculous: the couple who've been married two years but just can't keep their hands off each other, annoying Mitzi (seriously, why is she working? She's tolerable for the last three pages, but still an abrasive, annoying character), and every ridiculous pregnancy cliche known to woman, including, "Oh no, her water just broke!"
Adrienne

THE BABY CHRONICLES
----------------------------------------

"Kim grinned and took a piece of milk chocolate with almonds...[a few pages later]...Kim...took a piece of Dove dark chocolate."

(This book sponsored by Dove?)

When the writing involves non-action descriptors (as above), the reader is in trouble. Yet, superfluous descriptors are so common in chick-lit that I think many readers, including me, just ignore them in pursuit of the ultimate goal of a "light, fluffy" read.

Unfortunately, I did no
Mandy
I nice, easy read. Not a page turner, but I appreciate the Christian messages throughout.
Wilani Wahl
This is a wonderful book. I loved the humor throughout the book. I also loved they way the author wove the Lord and faith throughout the book. This is one I will want to read again. i am looking forward to the 3rd book of this series.
Kristy
Great light easy read continuing on from earlier book titled Whitney Chronicles. Loved readin about character Mitze, great fun. Dissapointed in inaccuracies related to China adoption presented in this book. To the average reader, am sure its no big deal. However, being knee deep in that process, I noticed a lot that wasn't quite right. However, I am grateful to see books coming out dealing not only with women giving birth, but creating families through adoption.
Kristie J.
This book was a quick, easy read. I did like the colorful character Mitzy and the funny "letters" from the main character, Whitney's, cat Mr. Tibbles. I gave the book two stars because some parts, like Mitzy having triplets (spoiler--sorry!) were hard to believe and most of the references to their pregnancies were about clothes, shopping, and getting fat.
Robyn
Kind of a weird book--the story was fine--and completely clean-- but dull. The climax was anti-climatic. But, sure, there were some funny parts. It seemed like the author was trying to be important and funny and friendly...and trying to hard. Oh, and it a Christian book, and all the lingo was...odd.
Tiffanie
liked the book a good read was hard to put down, i agree i liked the cat's tid bits but hated how they waited half way through the book to start doing them. I just had a baby 4 months ago so i thought this was a cute book to read. had a bunch of funny parts.
Lindsey
Cute story loved how it showed the different aspects of becoming a mom the ups and downs and all. the little blurbs from the cats were cheesy especially since they started part way in . Overall a good summer read.
Kathryn
I found this much, much better than The Whitney Chronicles. the story moved better, and was easier to digest. seems like their may be another book coming eventually, maybe. :)

Just - The romance reader
Yet another book to add to my reasons for being a Judy Baer fan. As usual per her novels, the full cast of characters is likeable and often quirky.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself!
Tanya Brunnelson
As excited as I was to get back into these characters, the story took a long time to develop. Regardless, I enjoyed reading an easy book. Great poolside book.
Lolkatings
Didn't really talk much about her experiences with pregnancy. A little heavy-handed with the Christian messages, and I'm Christian, so that's saying something.
Kelly Watson

I loved this book! It had me wanting to have another baby even though I just had twins 7 months ago! Could definitely read this book again sometime!
Brenda
I enjoy Judy Baer. Nice light end of the day type reading. Take me out of my own everyday life into someone else's world for a while kind of stuff.
Liticia
Very light reading. Started it, got 45 pages in and skipped to the last third. Not a favorite but compelling enough toward the end to read through.
Jessica
This is great Christian Chic-lit. It was a fast read and not overbearing with a great plot and an inspirational message. I adored it!
Natalie
I love these Judy Baer books. They are very easy, quick reads and most of them are set in the Twin Cities.
Michelle
Nov 15, 2007 Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who like Chick Lit
This is a sequel to The Whitney Chronicles, which I loved. It was just as good...would recommend it!
Melissa
Ok story of a woman who gets pregnant. Took too long to get to the point. Good spiritual content.
Rebecca
This was a wonderful book! Very cute and unplifting I had toruble putting it down :)
Lorraine
Feb 18, 2012 Lorraine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lorraine by: Nicole
I could relate to all the pregnancy and baby stuff!
Lisa
Jul 07, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Whitney Blake series / book two
Mackenzie
Book 2 of 2
Andrea Yu
Andrea Yu marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Malani
Malani marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
  • Dreaming in Technicolor
  • Calm, Cool & Adjusted (Spa Girls, #3)
  • Chill Out, Josey!
  • Leave It to Claire (Claire Everett #1)
  • Theodora's Diary: Faith, Hope and Chocolate
  • Splitting Harriet
  • RV There Yet?
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • The Book of Jane
  • At Home for the Holidays
  • Single Sashimi
aka Judy Kaye

Judy Baer was born and grew up on a farm on the prairies of North Dakota, USA. An only child, she spent most of her days with imaginary people-either those she read about or those she made up in her head. Her most ambitious conjuring did not succeed, however. She kept a clean stall with hay and oats for the horse she imagined would come but unfortunately, it never did. As an adult, ho
More about Judy Baer...
The Whitney Chronicles Million Dollar Dilemma Norah's Ark Recipes & Wooden Spoons (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #3) Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)