Start by marking “The Baby Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Baby Chronicles

The Baby Chronicles (The Whitney Chronicles #2)

Whitney Blake left spinsterhood behind when she became Mrs. Chase Andrews, and marriage is all she'd hoped for. But when her friends Mitzi and Kim start going baby-crazy, she longs for her own little bundle of joy. Wouldn't it be fun if they all could embark on their baby journey together? And so begins The Baby Chronicles, Whitney's journal of pregnancy, recording every b ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby Chronicles

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversA Voice in the Wind by Francine RiversAn Echo in the Darkness by Francine RiversThe Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta JacksonThe Master's Plan by Stephany Tullis
Christian Chick Lit
77th out of 463 books — 487 voters
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer WeinerShopaholic and Baby by Sophie KinsellaMini Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaThe Baby Planner by Josie BrownMomzillas by Jill Kargman
Chick Lit Motherhood
20th out of 73 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Jun 11, 2014 Trish rated it it was ok
Made it through the first in the series and enjoyed the light tone (and the fact that it still managed to convey a nice faith element), but this one was just ridiculous: the couple who've been married two years but just can't keep their hands off each other, annoying Mitzi (seriously, why is she working? She's tolerable for the last three pages, but still an abrasive, annoying character), and every ridiculous pregnancy cliche known to woman, including, "Oh no, her water just broke!"
Jun 11, 2014 Adrienne rated it it was ok

"Kim grinned and took a piece of milk chocolate with almonds...[a few pages later]...Kim...took a piece of Dove dark chocolate."

(This book sponsored by Dove?)

When the writing involves non-action descriptors (as above), the reader is in trouble. Yet, superfluous descriptors are so common in chick-lit that I think many readers, including me, just ignore them in pursuit of the ultimate goal of a "light, fluffy" read.

Unfortunately, I did no
Sep 07, 2011 Mandy rated it it was ok
I nice, easy read. Not a page turner, but I appreciate the Christian messages throughout.
Wilani Wahl
May 02, 2014 Wilani Wahl rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book. I loved the humor throughout the book. I also loved they way the author wove the Lord and faith throughout the book. This is one I will want to read again. i am looking forward to the 3rd book of this series.
May 03, 2008 Kristy rated it really liked it
Shelves: chic-lit
Great light easy read continuing on from earlier book titled Whitney Chronicles. Loved readin about character Mitze, great fun. Dissapointed in inaccuracies related to China adoption presented in this book. To the average reader, am sure its no big deal. However, being knee deep in that process, I noticed a lot that wasn't quite right. However, I am grateful to see books coming out dealing not only with women giving birth, but creating families through adoption.
Kristie J.
Mar 04, 2014 Kristie J. rated it it was ok
This book was a quick, easy read. I did like the colorful character Mitzy and the funny "letters" from the main character, Whitney's, cat Mr. Tibbles. I gave the book two stars because some parts, like Mitzy having triplets (spoiler--sorry!) were hard to believe and most of the references to their pregnancies were about clothes, shopping, and getting fat.
Jul 24, 2008 Robyn rated it it was ok
Kind of a weird book--the story was fine--and completely clean-- but dull. The climax was anti-climatic. But, sure, there were some funny parts. It seemed like the author was trying to be important and funny and friendly...and trying to hard. Oh, and it a Christian book, and all the lingo was...odd.
Apr 16, 2011 Tiffanie rated it liked it
liked the book a good read was hard to put down, i agree i liked the cat's tid bits but hated how they waited half way through the book to start doing them. I just had a baby 4 months ago so i thought this was a cute book to read. had a bunch of funny parts.
Jun 19, 2008 Lindsey rated it liked it
Cute story loved how it showed the different aspects of becoming a mom the ups and downs and all. the little blurbs from the cats were cheesy especially since they started part way in . Overall a good summer read.
Jul 23, 2009 Kathryn rated it really liked it
I found this much, much better than The Whitney Chronicles. the story moved better, and was easier to digest. seems like their may be another book coming eventually, maybe. :)

Just - The romance reader
Jun 07, 2009 Just - The romance reader rated it really liked it
Yet another book to add to my reasons for being a Judy Baer fan. As usual per her novels, the full cast of characters is likeable and often quirky.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself!
Tanya Brunnelson
Jun 02, 2013 Tanya Brunnelson rated it liked it
As excited as I was to get back into these characters, the story took a long time to develop. Regardless, I enjoyed reading an easy book. Great poolside book.
Oct 31, 2013 Lolkatings rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Didn't really talk much about her experiences with pregnancy. A little heavy-handed with the Christian messages, and I'm Christian, so that's saying something.
Kelly Watson
Aug 08, 2012 Kelly Watson rated it it was amazing

I loved this book! It had me wanting to have another baby even though I just had twins 7 months ago! Could definitely read this book again sometime!
Jun 23, 2008 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christain
I enjoy Judy Baer. Nice light end of the day type reading. Take me out of my own everyday life into someone else's world for a while kind of stuff.
May 14, 2008 Liticia rated it it was ok
Very light reading. Started it, got 45 pages in and skipped to the last third. Not a favorite but compelling enough toward the end to read through.
Jan 04, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it
This is great Christian Chic-lit. It was a fast read and not overbearing with a great plot and an inspirational message. I adored it!
Jul 29, 2008 Natalie rated it really liked it
I love these Judy Baer books. They are very easy, quick reads and most of them are set in the Twin Cities.
Nov 15, 2007 Michelle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who like Chick Lit
This is a sequel to The Whitney Chronicles, which I loved. It was just as good...would recommend it!
Mar 10, 2008 Melissa rated it it was ok
Ok story of a woman who gets pregnant. Took too long to get to the point. Good spiritual content.
May 27, 2009 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book! Very cute and unplifting I had toruble putting it down :)
Jan 11, 2016 Amandasaved rated it liked it
After a while all of the characters were annoying.
Feb 18, 2012 Lorraine rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lorraine by: Nicole
I could relate to all the pregnancy and baby stuff!
Jul 07, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Whitney Blake series / book two
Oct 16, 2016 Mackenzie rated it really liked it
Shelves: related-books
Book 2 of 3
Paula Schiffer
Paula Schiffer marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2016
Maria marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
loisa added it
Oct 16, 2016
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Angie Cain
Angie Cain marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
  • Dreaming in Technicolor (Phoebe Grant, #2)
  • Chill Out, Josey! (Josey, #2)
  • A Girl's Best Friend (Spa Girls, #2)
  • RV There Yet?: A Women of Faith Fiction Novel
  • Theodora's Diary: Faith, Hope and Chocolate
  • Leave It to Claire (Claire Everett #1)
  • Savannah Comes Undone
  • Club Sandwich
  • At Home for the Holidays
  • Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)
  • A Fine Line (Baxter Series, #5)
  • The Wedding Caper (Bridal Mayhem Mystery, #1)
  • Perfecting Kate
  • Hip to Be Square
aka Judy Kaye

Judy Baer was born and grew up on a farm on the prairies of North Dakota, USA. An only child, she spent most of her days with imaginary people-either those she read about or those she made up in her head. Her most ambitious conjuring did not succeed, however. She kept a clean stall with hay and oats for the horse she imagined would come but unfortunately, it never did. As an adult, ho
More about Judy Baer...

The Whitney Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Whitney Chronicles