Start by marking “The Ultimate Horse Book” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Horse Book

The Ultimate Horse Book

Covers all aspects of the equestrian world including the history and domestication of the horse. A photographic guide to over 100 breeds of horse also portrays the nature and physical characteristics of each breed. Also included are tips on keeping and caring for a horse
Published September 15th 1991 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Horse Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Horse Book

Chelsea Trent
Do you have a passion for horses? Well, look no further this book names many horse breeds and their past history. This book goes over breeds, horse care, reproduction, and how to choose the right horse for you.

I enjoyed this book, it expanded my knowledge of horse behavior, breeds, and history. Not all horses are the same each breed has a diffirent and complex personality, reading this book let me see that. I would reccomend this book to anyone who has a horse, is looking into getting a horse,
Rena Sherwood
Nov 18, 2014 Rena Sherwood rated it really liked it
A better but shorter version of the author’s better known 1977 classic, “Encyclopedia of the Horse”

When I was 29, I ran away from home. That’s a whole other story, but the main gist is that I left behind an extensive collection of horse books. My Mom, knowing that one day I’d return with my tail between my legs, went to my apartment and saved one book from the entire collection – a first American edition of The Ultimate Horse Book by Elwyn Hartley Edwards (Dorling Kindersley; 1991.)

Mom chose we
Dark-Draco
Jun 09, 2013 Dark-Draco rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I can't say that I have read this cover to cover, as a lot of the actual text is quite general horsey stuff that has been repeated in hundreds of other books. However, there are some things that were interesting and a lot of topics are covered. The best bit about this book by far is the huge colour photos of each breed - well worth having this just for them.
Bethan
Nov 27, 2011 Bethan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes breeds or the sensitive and lovely creature that is the horse
Shelves: non-fiction
I really liked this book. Gorgeous high colour photo spreads of the various horse and pony breeds with information about them. It's more of a coffee table book than a heavily in-depth type of book though.
Lydia
Feb 12, 2012 Lydia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I was the kid who was obsessed with horses, and I practically memorized this book when I was about 10.
Sierra Osborne
May 08, 2012 Sierra Osborne rated it really liked it
I thought that it was good it. The book teaches about horses and more to the people that already know things about the animals.
It also teaches about the actives you can do with the horse.
Darkened Warrior {Stare into your Nightmare}
This is a book that has excellent detail, great pictures, and fascinating facts about horses. I HIGHLY recommend this book.(It's really thick, but it doesn't bother me, nor should it to you.)
Hana
Hana rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2010
Laura Petto
Laura Petto rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2008
Leilani
Leilani rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2008
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2011
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2010
Jordynne
Jordynne rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2011
Jenny Smith
Jenny Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2012
Robyn Hunt
Robyn Hunt rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Abbey
Abbey rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Elizabeth Brumbaugh
Elizabeth Brumbaugh rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2013
Kirstie J
Kirstie J rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2014
Carole
Carole rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2010
WilliamTellSix
WilliamTellSix rated it really liked it
May 05, 2014
Cherry
Cherry rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2009
J
J rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2007
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2011
Christina Wolfe
Christina Wolfe rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »