Start by marking “Change Your Mind, Heal Your Body: When Modern Medicine Has No Cure The Answer Lies Within. My True Story of Self- Healing” as Want to Read:

Your body is trying to tell you what's wrong! A successful journalist-turned healer describes her innovative system of healing through the lens of her own self-healing journey. Parkinson was a busy workaholic reporter who yearned to leave her stressful job when she was diagnosed with a mysterious tumor behind her carotid artery. At first she pursued the traditional medical ...more
Published May 20th 2014 by Watkins Publishing (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Change Your Mind, Heal Your Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change Your Mind, Heal Your Body

Ashley
Sep 21, 2014 Ashley rated it liked it
Won this book through the Goodreads First Reads program. Cannot wait to receive it! Review to come!

*****

This book was not for me. It was a more like reading a journal through someone's healing process. I appreciate the chance to have read this book early but I was expecting more of a book to teach you how to heal yourself, not so much as reading of someone else's journey.
Lorelle Mac ~ WattleTree Lane
This is a journalist's personal journey of healing from a tumour. It takes us through this workaholics work experience leading up to the diagnosis, the medical journey and her journey of self healing.
As we can see from this book healing takes place from within. As we learn to listen to our body and the messages of pain and dis-ease we can make the changes needed to heal. The book takes you through your mind and thoughts and how changing them changes your life. "Where thoughts go energy follows"
April Edwards
Mar 03, 2015 April Edwards rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a giveaway on Goodreads. It got sent by the Post Office to my mother, who assumed it was a book she had ordered. She read it first and loved it, ended up corresponding with the author and buying other books mentioned in this book. I finally got around to reading it, and almost got it all read in one sitting, but just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer that evening. What a fantastic book, full of hope. I don't often read books more than once, but this is one that I will ...more
Carroll Larremore
Sep 14, 2014 Carroll Larremore rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
This was a Good reads Giveaway so I read it quickly after I received it. This book was not for me, although I did enjoy some of the healing and meditation exercises found in the back of the book. Maybe because I am not at a point currently in life where I am seeking such books...there was a time that I was and, no doubt will be again, but I found it tedious. This is the kind of book, given the right circumstances, that one may cling to this book like a sinking ship, but it wasn't for me. I did ...more
Pam Thomas
Apr 25, 2014 Pam Thomas rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book especially when the author allows the reader to share past memories and experiences, like how the author sees and perceives life from a different point of view and how she has to go inside her mind, to heal herself after finding out she has a brain tumor which the specialists want to remove by surgery. Embarking on this journey was able to heal her mind herself, something everyone can do when they become ill. Your body and mind are capable of healing themselves, you ...more
Ssawyer
Sep 08, 2014 Ssawyer rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book as Goodreads First Read.

I really enjoyed Anna's story of self-healing. The book is well written and easy to read. She tells her story as she perceived it. She was willing to reach outside her comfort zone to explore options when modern medicine didn't have answers for her.

While I had a hard time with some of her conclusions, she definitely gave me some new ideas to think about.
GONZA
Apr 22, 2014 GONZA rated it liked it
The story of a woman and how she managed to heal a brain tumor using yoga and meditation. Also interesting because of the other stories she describes.

La storia di una donna e di come sia riuscita a curarsi da un tumore al cervello utilizzando lo yoga e la meditazione. Interessante anche per le altre storie che illustra.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND WATKINS PUBLISHING LIMITED FOR THE PREVIEW!
Rachel
May 19, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: mindfulness
Interesting journey of a true story of how the author managed to self-heal and some takeaways of practices that anyone should do. There's a lot of self-reflections you can take on your life and gives you positivity to take action and encourage you to take your own journey to healing of any chronic illnesses.
Jessilou
Sep 07, 2014 Jessilou rated it liked it
Very interesting, positive story. I enjoyed parts about meditation, not sure what I think about healing.
Marcus Wattam
Marcus Wattam rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Nic's Notebook
Nic's Notebook rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Laura rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Joan Bennell
Aug 09, 2014 Joan Bennell rated it it was amazing
An amazing journey and inspiring tale of self-healing.
Sherry
Sep 14, 2014 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Free Book.....must have...great book
Freddie
Freddie rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Damnisux
Damnisux rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was ok
Sep 28, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Belinda
Belinda rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Janeishia
Janeishia rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Cmc1986 Collins
Cmc1986 Collins rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
MissyGirl
MissyGirl marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Katrina Mcghee
Katrina Mcghee marked it as to-read
Kaite
Kaite marked it as to-read
K.
K. marked it as to-read
Melonie Kydd
Melonie Kydd marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Terry Foster
Terry Foster marked it as to-read
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Debbie Kennedy
Debbie Kennedy marked it as to-read
Jennifer OKC
Jennifer OKC marked it as to-read
Inna
Inna marked it as to-read
Kayla Garcia
Kayla Garcia marked it as to-read
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Diane Driscoll
Diane Driscoll marked it as to-read
Samar
Samar marked it as to-read
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
J
J marked it as to-read
Kenneth
Kenneth marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
  • The Dead Wrestler Elegies
  • Yoga for Grief Relief: Simple Practices for Transforming Your Grieving Mind and Body
  • Conversations with God
  • Her Life Is Showing
  • It's Just The Beginning: break up, get up & walk away
  • Recognition
  • The Dirty Version: On Stage, In the Studio, and In the Streets with Ol' Dirty Bastard
  • Rekindling Connections
  • The Backwords Dictionary: A Word Ending Dictionary
  • The Need to Please: Mindfulness Skills to Gain Freedom from People Pleasing and Approval Seeking
  • Metamorphosis: Journaling the Path from Domestic Violence Victim to Victor
  • Love Your Enemies: How to Break the Anger Habit & Be a Whole Lot Happier
  • The Truth in Small Doses: Why We're Losing the War on Cancer-and How to Win It
  • Letting Go into Perfect Love: Discovering the Extraordinary After Abuse
  • A Brief Guide to Thriving for Individuals with a Mental Illness
  • If You're In the Driver's Seat, Why Are You Lost?: A Roadmap to an Amazing Life
  • Living in Conscious Harmony: A Spiritual Guide to Being in the Now
  • Children of the Depressed: Healing the Childhood Wounds That Come from Growing Up with a Depressed Parent