Start by marking “Absolute Superman/Batman Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Absolute Superman/Batman Vol. 2

Absolute Superman/Batman Vol. 2 (Superman/Batman #3-4)

The World's Finest join forces in this reality-bending tale, Superman and Batman rule the Earth with an iron fist, with humanity bending to their will. Before long, the World's Finest Duo is sent careening through a series of bizarre alternate Earths, facing an assortment of classic DC characters including Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Superwoman, Kamandi, Sgt. Rock, Haunted Tank, ...more
Published May 20th 2014 by DC Comics (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Superman/Batman Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Superman/Batman Vol. 2

Jeff
Dec 05, 2016 Jeff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
I suppose Jeph Loeb had fun writing this.

What you have are a total of fourteen issues contained in this here volume here. In two issues, Loeb tries to squeeze in some then current DC continuity – A brand new Supergirl is being monitored, but not just by Bats and Supes or some random perv – the other issue, is a Robin/Superboy team-up with the last panel showing (view spoiler)

But not before sharing a tub wi
StoryTellerShannon
The first story focuses upon Superman and Batman as dictators of the world but both of them sense another reality of their lives. This is the best one. Probably a B plus to A minus.

The rest of the tales are all over the place from C+ to straight Bs with a focus on Supergirl and then some funky alternate realities.

Artwork varies from C minus to A minus.

The narrative flow for all the tales within is shaky.

OVERALL GRADE: B minus.
Chelsea
Samantha
Jun 25, 2016 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Literally my favorite collection so far. I already have it on order at the local comic book store. It has my favorite storyline in it plus some extras going over the ramifications of said story line. Plus, lots of different universes, time lines, and even a mock Avengers group. Love it all!
Victor Orozco
This dual collection of Batman stories is interesting but very strange. The first part has it where the Legion of Supervillains attempt to fix the future by turning Batman and Superman into villains. But eventually others attempt to rectify this awful turn. It become a really chaotic yet a very impressive story.

The second part involves a multitude of universes out to mess up Batman and Superman. This was totally weird and we have the silliest of villains and heroes involved in this story. The on
Rachel
Will Robinson Jr.
This was a okay follow-up to the last volume of Jeph Loeb's Superman/Batman series. As always Ed McGuiness draws incredible superheroes. This volume is packed full of action. It was a bit hard to follow the story and the pacing seemed a bit confusing but the point of the story was that Mr. Mxylptl (hopefully I spelled the name right) was playing with the universe at Supes & Bats expense.
This is really a fun pick up and read story that anyone can jump into without having to know all of its ch
Robert Cochran
Mar 20, 2016 Robert Cochran rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc-comics
This one doesn't hold up quite as well as volume 1. The first arc, Absolute Power, is fairly solid and Carlos Pacheco does solid work on the art (he doesn't get kudos enough when he has done some pretty stellar work in his time, i.e. Avengers Forever). The second arc just goes bonkers. Too much is going on and it doesn't hold together well enough. Through three arcs Loeb had a great thing going. By the fourth round he needed someone there to keep him dialed in.
Relstuart
May 22, 2014 Relstuart rated it really liked it
Shelves: super-hero
Contains several enjoyable story arcs. The Bizarobat story with him trying to help the typical universe batman while talking backwards the whole time was pretty enjoyable. The sad story of Sam, (Leob's son who passed away) the friend of Clark Kent in high school who passed away from cancer was pretty sad.

As always the Absolute edition was very well put together.
Megan Elizabeth
Dec 26, 2015 Megan Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
The first big arc and the very last one with Robin and superbly were amazing. Still, I couldn't give it five stars because the whole second arc made my head hurt. I understood it, but aside from a few great moments between our two big guys, I couldn't totally get into it.
David López
I really enjoyed the art and the story is interesting but is not excellent. I feel that the parallel universes could be handled better and that there are many inconsistent elements.
Lily  Lu
Vengeance I didn't like at all. Sam's Story was endearing. Of the whole book, I liked that one the most.
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2015
Rajarshi Aich
The first story is 3.5 and the second is a pathetic 2..
Nathalie
Nathalie rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Ryan Scicluna
Ryan Scicluna rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
matt reinhart
matt reinhart rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Suren Raja
Suren Raja rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Curt
May 09, 2015 Curt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Got kinda strange at times and I really can't stand Bizarro or Batzarro/
Matt Ruiz
Matt Ruiz rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Egemen Ertürk
Egemen Ertürk rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Trevor
Trevor rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Neall
Neall rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2015
Chad Harmon
Chad Harmon rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2014
Akhilesh Singh
Akhilesh Singh rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Dano Winsky
Dano Winsky rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Aravind Sesagiri Raamkumar
Aravind Sesagiri Raamkumar rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
May 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Joseph "Jeph" Loeb III is an Emmy and WGA nominated American film and television writer, producer and award-winning comic book writer. Loeb was a Co-Executive Producer on the NBC hit show Heroes, and formerly a producer/writer on the TV series Smallville and Lost.

A four-time Eisner Award winner and five-time Wizard Fan Awards winner (see below), Loeb's comic book career includes work on many major
More about Jeph Loeb...

Superman/Batman (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 1: Public Enemies