My Goodnight Book

My Goodnight Book

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A little girl goes through all the proper bedtime routines. On board pages.
Published December 6th 1995 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about My Goodnight Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Goodnight Book

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. TolkienGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
Books you have read 7 times
326th out of 352 books — 100 voters
The Luxe by Anna GodbersenParanormalcy by Kiersten WhiteEverlasting by Alyson NoelFriend or Fae by Hannah BlatchfordStarcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Dressed in Pink
152nd out of 162 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Crystal Allen
This was one of my favorite books as a child. If you are lucky enough to be able to find a copy, buy it. You won't regret it.
Amanda
I adored this book, as a child. I would read it over and over again. I think it's the pictures that captivated me, or perhaps it was the similarity between the girl in the story and myself.

I had two copies of this book. The first one was bought in the 80s. I still have this one. The second one was bought around the year 2000. I gave that copy to my niece, Chloe, when she was two years old.

It's interesting to note that they both have a slightly different shape (they're shape books), but everythi...more
BHodges
By now I've read this book more than any other book in my life, I'm sure. Making it part of baby's nighttime routine was a great idea. She knows when the book comes out what time it is. Very sweet when she says "Guh-Guy" ("goodnight"), sometimes before we're even through reading it.
Jaime
This book used to be part of my bedtime story routine as a child and now it is part of my children's routine. I always wished my bedroom looked like the girl's room; now my 4-year-old daughter wants to use it as a blue-print for her own room (along with Fancy Nancy's room, of course)
Esther May
What a sweet book. This book shows all the things that a little girl does before she goes to bed. I love how this book includes saying prayers before going to bed. I recommend this book to anyone who has a baby girl. There are plenty of used copies of this book for sale for $1.00-$37.00.
Leah
this was one of my favorite books as a child, and i still have it. i think it's the illustration that is so endearing. i had it memorized and would recite it page for page at age 2-3. the best bit is that the little girl, the dad and the mom looked exactly like me, my dad and my mom.
Sara
I loved this book for the pictures. It was very relaxing after a bath, but I'd always hurry my mom to get to the last page because I loved to stare at the little girl's room. I'd look at every detail. It was really mesmerizing and would leave me with sweet dreams.
Ruth
I loved this book dearly, and now my mom has it to share with her grandchildren! My brother gave this to me when I was just a wee little one, but he said the little girl on the cover actually looked more like our sister. :)
Sammy
My dad used to read this to me every night before I went to bed. It is very cute and can make a bed time routine a fun and easy time for any little kids!
Abby Borders
This was my absolute favorite book when I was little. I hope my mom kept it so I can read it to my kids someday. Or to my someday-kids... either way.
Alana/MiaTheReader
Another Eloise Wilkin book from my childhood that my daughter now loves. Eloise Wilkin is just timeless.
Melissa
So cute! My daughters love to read about this bedtime routine! Endearing illustrations!
Dana
My mom read this to me every night!! Now I love reading it to my kids.
Rundle Family
Sonia: I like the girl but I don't like the book. Because it's shaped funny.

Jana
The first book I could "read" as a little kid.
Lacey
we read it everynight,its ly's fav.
Megan
I remember my Dad reading this to me.
Lucy
Lucy added it
Jul 20, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jul 07, 2014
Echo
Echo marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Prayers for Children Eloise Wilkin Stories Eloise Wilkin's Poems to Read to the Very Young Eloise Wilkin's Mother Goose Baby's Christmas (Jellybean Books)