Start by marking “My Goodnight Book” as Want to Read:
My Goodnight Book

My Goodnight Book

4.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  332 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
A little girl goes through all the proper bedtime routines. On board pages.
Published December 6th 1995 by Golden Books (first published January 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about My Goodnight Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Goodnight Book

Crystal Allen
Sep 16, 2013 Crystal Allen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bestofkids
This was one of my favorite books as a child. If you are lucky enough to be able to find a copy, buy it. You won't regret it.
Amanda
Aug 02, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I adored this book, as a child. I would read it over and over again. I think it's the pictures that captivated me, or perhaps it was the similarity between the girl in the story and myself.

I had two copies of this book. The first one was bought in the 80s. I still have this one. The second one was bought around the year 2000. I gave that copy to my niece, Chloe, when she was two years old.

It's interesting to note that they both have a slightly different shape (they're shape books), but everythi
Jorgina
Dec 16, 2014 Jorgina rated it liked it
Shelves: children, own-it, family
Love Eloise Wilkin, this book is a sweet "get ready for bed" book. The little girl wears a pair of pajamas identical to my daughter's when I bought the book back in the '80's
Timothy
Jul 25, 2015 Timothy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry, childrens
I have wonderful memories of reading this book to my daughter! Adorable!
Miki
Jul 17, 2015 Miki rated it really liked it
This was my daughter's favorite book.
BHodges
Dec 30, 2013 BHodges rated it it was amazing
By now I've read this book more than any other book in my life, I'm sure. Making it part of baby's nighttime routine was a great idea. She knows when the book comes out what time it is. Very sweet when she says "Guh-Guy" ("goodnight"), sometimes before we're even through reading it.
Ariza Zubia
Dec 23, 2015 Ariza Zubia rated it it was amazing
My parents used to read this to me when I was much smaller--it's the Spanish version though, so it took me a while finding it on here.
Overall, this is a really cute "goodnight" book to read to children. Plus, the illustrations are wonderfully serene.
Jaime
Jan 04, 2012 Jaime rated it it was amazing
This book used to be part of my bedtime story routine as a child and now it is part of my children's routine. I always wished my bedroom looked like the girl's room; now my 4-year-old daughter wants to use it as a blue-print for her own room (along with Fancy Nancy's room, of course)
Esther May
Jun 28, 2008 Esther May rated it it was amazing
What a sweet book. This book shows all the things that a little girl does before she goes to bed. I love how this book includes saying prayers before going to bed. I recommend this book to anyone who has a baby girl. There are plenty of used copies of this book for sale for $1.00-$37.00.
Leah
Apr 15, 2008 Leah rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
this was one of my favorite books as a child, and i still have it. i think it's the illustration that is so endearing. i had it memorized and would recite it page for page at age 2-3. the best bit is that the little girl, the dad and the mom looked exactly like me, my dad and my mom.
Sara
Apr 26, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I loved this book for the pictures. It was very relaxing after a bath, but I'd always hurry my mom to get to the last page because I loved to stare at the little girl's room. I'd look at every detail. It was really mesmerizing and would leave me with sweet dreams.
Ruth
Nov 18, 2007 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-children
I loved this book dearly, and now my mom has it to share with her grandchildren! My brother gave this to me when I was just a wee little one, but he said the little girl on the cover actually looked more like our sister. :)
Sammy
My dad used to read this to me every night before I went to bed. It is very cute and can make a bed time routine a fun and easy time for any little kids!
Abby Borders
Oct 17, 2007 Abby Borders rated it it was amazing
This was my absolute favorite book when I was little. I hope my mom kept it so I can read it to my kids someday. Or to my someday-kids... either way.
Alana/MiaTheReader
Dec 06, 2010 Alana/MiaTheReader rated it it was amazing
Another Eloise Wilkin book from my childhood that my daughter now loves. Eloise Wilkin is just timeless.
Melissa
Sep 01, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
So cute! My daughters love to read about this bedtime routine! Endearing illustrations!
Dana
May 23, 2008 Dana rated it it was amazing
My mom read this to me every night!! Now I love reading it to my kids.
Rundle Family
Jun 25, 2012 Rundle Family rated it liked it
Sonia: I like the girl but I don't like the book. Because it's shaped funny.

Jana
Jan 20, 2013 Jana rated it really liked it
The first book I could "read" as a little kid.
Lacey
Mar 02, 2010 Lacey rated it it was amazing
we read it everynight,its ly's fav.
Megan
Feb 10, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
I remember my Dad reading this to me.
Hailey Chamberlain
Hailey Chamberlain rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Elizabeth Rudisill
Elizabeth Rudisill rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Tina Stinson
Tina Stinson rated it it was ok
May 26, 2016
Daymi Perez
Daymi Perez rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Jackie Bacher
Jackie Bacher rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
  • Baby Dear (Little Golden Book)
  • We Like Kindergarten
  • Big Sister and Little Sister
  • We Help Mommy (a Little Little Golden Book)
  • If You Were My Bunny
  • Angel in the Waters
  • Little Mommy
  • The Friendly Book (Big Little Golden Book)
  • Doctor Dan: The Bandage Man
  • A Tree for Peter
  • The Jolly Barnyard
  • Four Little Kittens (a Little Golden Book)
  • The Firefighters' Busy Day