Start by marking “The Devaney Brothers: Michael and Patrick: Michael's Discovery\Patrick's Destiny” as Want to Read:

The Devaney Brothers: Michael and Patrick: Michael's Discovery\Patrick's Destiny (The Devaney Brothers #3-4)

www.SherrylWoods.com

#1 New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods brings readers two classic tales of the Devaneys…brothers torn apart in childhood, reunited by love.

Michael's Discovery

For years, Kelly Andrews has waited for her big brother's best friend to notice her. As the physical therapist assigned to his recovery, she's finally getting the chance. But navy SEAL
Published April 29th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Devaney Brothers, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Darcy
You can tell that these books are re-releases of older books, and that is sometimes why things bothered me.

With Michael's story I was so annoyed with how he thought that until he was healed and "whole" again that he wasn't worth Kelly's love. I hated how it kept jerking Kelly around. I did love that Michael's foster family was a good one, one that embraced Michael's brothers like their own.

I had some of the same issues with Patrick's story that I did with Michael's. I hated how Patrick jerked Al
Linda
May 03, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
This is the story of two of the Devaney Brothers, Michael an ex-SEAL and Patrick, one of the twins that the brothers had not seen since they were two years old. Michael's story is surrounded by his injuries when a sniper shot him and his rehabilitation. His therapist was his best friend's younger sister who had a crush on him since she was a teenager. It was important to put her feelings aside and help Michael walk again because he felt like he had no future without his being a SEAL.

The second s
Linda
Jun 15, 2014 Linda rated it liked it
The Devaney Brothers are on a quest to find each other. These two stories are a continuation of this quest. The brothers were abandoned as young children. A new story is added as each one is found. This has been very fun to follow. I have one more brother to catch up with and his story is sitting on my table. I was a little disappointed in Patrick's story as it seemed to have less of a story than the others. Since his odyssey was different from the older brothers, I expected something different. ...more
Crystal
Apr 23, 2016 Crystal rated it really liked it
took longer to read due to cloudy weather and energy levels. great book overall. I wish they would make this a series on tv. the concept is amazing. I like the way things build slowly and things aren't rushed into like in some other books I've read or tried to read. The characters are memorable and believable and the circumstances make the reader sympathize with the character's conflicting emotions. Great read. highly recommend.
April
Aug 25, 2015 April rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Patrick lives alone on a boat. Annie lives alone on the shore. They both have regrets. Patrick treats Annie like crap, Annie fights for his love, knowing she can change him. Unrealistic and more than a little insulting to women everywhere. I always hope that stories will get better, be less predictable, will show more respect, but I am often disappointed.
Beth
Jan 17, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-story, family
I really enjoyed The Devaney Brothers series. Each time I read a new borthers story, I kept thinking "thats my favorite story" then I would move on and read about another brother and think "nope, thats my favorite brother" They each have their own story and each brother has to overcome an obstacle to be able to love their lady. In short, its a fun easy read.
Tina Jenkins
Jul 11, 2014 Tina Jenkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely love this series

if you love Sherryl Woods you have to read this series. Michael's story was my favorite but can't wait for Daniel's story which comes out later this month..
Cindy
May 11, 2014 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: w-x-y-z
Patrick and Alice, Michael and Kelly

I really enjoyed this book. It explored the characters emotions in both books included. Stories about brothers abandon ed by their parents and reconnecting.
Krissi
Feb 26, 2015 Krissi rated it it was ok
hmmm.... no... physical therapist takes on childhood crush as a patient and jumps into a very involved personal relationship, ending up in bed, of course --- SO UNPROFESSIONAL!!! In the real world, this is grounds to be censured and lose her license to practice...
Jane
Dec 21, 2014 Jane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sherryl-woods
I can't wait until The Devaney Brothers: Daniel comes out. The final book in this series. Love, love, loved it!
Tammy M. Mongold
Great book

Anyone that loves romance will love this series! This book is the third and fourth in the Delaney brothers five book series.
Teresa Schiltz
Jun 12, 2014 Teresa Schiltz rated it liked it
Just finished the three book series. Very good. Typical of Sheryl Woods so if you like her, you will thoroughly enjoy these. Great family stories.
Kathy Monroig
Jan 30, 2015 Kathy Monroig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

Can't wait for the next book hope she ties it all up can't wait for the parents side of the story
Dee
Third & fourth books of series in one volume. See review under individual books:
Michael's Discovery
Patrick's Destiny
Elaine
Apr 10, 2016 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sherryl-woods
Talk about a person with hang ups, hatred for family, etc. Patrick was a sure one. glad that Alice came as long with her greaving to share with him. Now on to Daniel and his parents.
Betty Seaton
Betty Seaton rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015
Michelle Maynard
Michelle Maynard rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Brandy Sechrest
Brandy Sechrest rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2015
Rachel Schreiber
Rachel Schreiber rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Kadilyn
Kadilyn rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Bee
Bee rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Josie
Josie rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2015
Patricia Lambrou
Patricia Lambrou rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2015
Alison P
Alison P rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2015
Mary Slaughter
Mary Slaughter rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2016
Brenda Dean
Brenda Dean rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Michelle Hall
Michelle Hall rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Patti S
Patti S rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Arlene Murphy
Arlene Murphy rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
  • Home to Stay
  • On a Clear Day: Starlight\Promise Me Forever
  • A Mom's New Start
  • Keeping Baby Safe (Colby Agency, #13)
  • The Cowboy's Lady (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #4)
  • The Unholy Deception (Nephilim series, #2)
  • Whose Baby?
  • Facing Terror: The True Story of How An American Couple Paid the Ultimate Price Because of Their Love of Muslim People
  • Wanted: Bodyguard
  • Montana Homecoming
  • The Mist and the Magic
  • Life on Mission: Gospel. Mission. Ministry
  • The Gospel According to John
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

The Devaney Brothers (5 books)
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • Michael's Discovery (The Devaneys #3)
  • Patrick's Destiny (The Devaneys #4)
  • Daniel's Desire

“We have the here and now,” Ryan said. “In the end, that’s all any of us have. The past is over, if not forgotten, and hating’s a waste of time and energy. The future’s out there, and the way it goes depends on what we do today. Maggie taught me that.” 0 likes