Start by marking “His Name Is Sir (The Power to Please, #3)” as Want to Read:
His Name Is Sir (The Power to Please, #3)

His Name Is Sir (The Power to Please #3)

This is a new/alternate cover edition of ASIN:B00CKSM24W

Why won’t the past stay where it belongs?

Nonnie Crawford seeks a destiny outside society’s norms, mapping her own sexual journey into the realm of BDSM. She puts the past behind her and looks forward with a newfound sense of freedom and purpose.

Gibson Reeves, the enigmatic businessman, refuses to be relegated to the a
Published April 28th 2013 by Self published

To ask other readers questions about His Name Is Sir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Name Is Sir

Jessie Verona
May 02, 2013 Jessie Verona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It's the best book in the series. It was nice to see Nonnie discover more about how she wants to live her life and to simply watch her enjoy herself. The writing was tight and the pacing good. And I thought a couple of the scenes were smoking hot. Gibson really grew on me in this book and I felt even more invested in Nonnie.

(view spoiler)
Jodie & Bree - Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Book 3 was my favorite. That could be because we get a whole bunch more Gibson Reeves! Now, that is a man that fans my flames ;)

image
"This is new. Where'd you get your claws, little cat."
Without a moments thought or hesitation, I blurted out, "I earned them."

Gibson is The Businessman. The one from book one in the club hallway and the Fredrickson Hotel. Yep, you know the one. The mirror man. *fans self* I agree that their encounter at the hotel wasn’t ‘ideal’ but I figured that there was a reason fo
Sylvia
Apr 30, 2013 Sylvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm
It just might be time to start a "I hate Michael Weston" club. Wait, that would be too good for him. I just can't believe what happened! My stomach is still in knots.

If you haven't already, read the first two books in this series. Out of order will never do. At first you may think, oh a delightful intro to BDSM story a la Cherise Sinclair. It's fun to think that. We all want that nice big Dom taking us places we really want to be. (cough, cough...in our book fantasies of course!!) But wait, it
Cindy
May 01, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow, what a ride! This series just keeps getting better and it's going to be a hard wait for the 4th book to come out. I loved the 1st book (free at the time) in the series enough to buy the 2nd. The 2nd book was pretty upsetting to me but I think it's good to remember that there can be a very dark side to this life style if you aren't careful and are too trusting. That said; Michael Weston needs to die! A long painful death would be most desirable!
Kristin Campbell
Jun 14, 2013 Kristin Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize until I read this third installment that it is a parody of Pride and Prejudice with a lot of BDSM. Well, the BDSM part is a given, but the similarities of the characters and plots is very much like P and P.

Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
4.5 stars. Cracking series.

Wowsers! What a ride, I kept thinking at the start how this was going to be as good as the past two - this book is all about Gibson and Nonnie with only a smattering of Michael. But with a whole pile of The Hoytes this made for extremely fun reading, their scene enacted out for Ron's birthday made me smile a lot with the comical element and was definitely steamy too, never read a BDSM scene done like that before!

I found this book had more of a romance feel running thr
Lucy
And finally she starts to get it. Finally she sees there is good in a Dom. And then all hell breaks loose. I can't say I wouldn't have the same thoughts as her. I think I would. It's the ultimate betrayal and the most public humiliation for her. I will say The Businessman had my vote after the warning in a closet. I think this betrayal will help her and her Dom to figure out how deep their emotions run for one another. Now if the douchebag of the year never returns, can't say I would be unhappy. ...more
Katherine
Jul 08, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His Name is Sir is the 3rd book in the Power to Please series bny Deena Ward and the series should definitely be read in order. The 1st book showed Nonnie's introduction to the world of BDSM, the 2nd book showed how badly things can go with an untrustworthy partner, and this book shows Nonnie exploring a relationship with Gibson and learning about trust.
The book had very steamy sexual encounters and was definitely hot. But the book wasn't all about sex - it had an interesting plot (with some sur
Judy V
Jul 14, 2013 Judy V rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not certain who referred me to these books but I am so glad they did. This series, up to this point has been eye opening ( newbie sub making major errors in judgement), emotional, suspenseful and sexy. What more can you possibly want in a story......oh yeah, did I forget to mention hot Doms? Patiently waiting for book 4
R P
May 20, 2013 R P rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this the best of the trilogy. Excited to see a 4th book in the making. Hoping it will conclude the series well. 4 star rating b/c this could have been the completion of the series but left my hanging. Hoping 4th book will be better this this one....
Jyoti Achameesing
Aug 15, 2013 Jyoti Achameesing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a pleasure discovering layers of this relationship between Gibson & Nonnie. Spicy scenes no doubt added a new dimension to the bonding of this couple. Well awaiting the final book to see if they reveal their sentiments.
Darreth
Jun 02, 2013 Darreth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know if I was hooked by the first book, but I was was sure hooked by the second one. Now, as I finish up the third I am really hooked and am a loyal fan of Ms. Ward's writing. Well done! I am anxiously awaiting the last book. This is a story that gets more and more interesting.
Tara BookWhore
May 04, 2013 Tara BookWhore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By far best in the series..Michael will stop at nothing to get Nonnie back.. God I despised him by the end of the book... And I wish Gibson wasn't so cold all the time but overall best book in the series so far I can't wait for the next one
Jeannie
Dec 03, 2013 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK!!! I wasn't really feeling book 2!!! I'm sooooo glad I read book 3 and I can't wait to get started on book 4!!!! =)
Santa Pala
Jul 26, 2013 Santa Pala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best book of the series so far, rooting for Gibson and Nonnie, look forward to book 4
Sue bowdley
Jun 20, 2013 Sue bowdley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
amazing book...best out of the three x
Deborah Bundick
Nov 01, 2013 Deborah Bundick rated it it was amazing
I started reading the series and could not put it down. I love strong women with smart mouths
Shauna
Best of the series so far!! Loved it!
Blagica
Jun 12, 2015 Blagica rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Man! Nonnie has definitely taking a liking into being an exhibitionist. Her vacation story was fun to read to say the least.
I am so glad that Gibson Reeves takes a leading role into Nonnie's life in this book. You get to learn who and how he truly is as a Dom. He is pure heaven.
Unfortunately Michael isn't easy to get out of Nonnie's life. Thankfully she doesn't go back to that horrible man, but he still does horrible things to get back at her for leaving him.
I thought book 2 was an emotional rea
Rell
Jan 04, 2015 Rell rated it really liked it
Finally finished this book and I'm thankful that it's only one more until I complete the series. Great book but as I said on the other review this is not my cup of tea (this genre) Nonnie is a hot ass mess and Michael is a crazy compulsive liar. Some of the things that he has done are unspeakable. Nonnie finds out the truth about him because she refuses to give into him and he turns her world upside down, well that is until Gibson sweeps in to rescue her. This book (series) quickly went from ...more
Trio
Jun 14, 2015 Trio rated it really liked it
I think vol 2 & 3 should have been one book. They really go together. I almost didn't read this one because The Playboy's Proposition really rubbed me the wrong way. I'm glad I read His Name is Sir, I love Gibson and I'm reading The Submissive's Last Word now.
Karen Davis
Feb 07, 2014 Karen Davis rated it it was amazing
Oh goodness do I wish that I did spoilers! Again, Deena Ward took a genre and presented it in a way that was tastefully done. The entire series truly has a lot of dynamics that regular romances do-the ups and downs, the doubts and fears, the self discovery...the only difference is the sexual toys and hard limits. Will Nonnie ever be understood or understand herself and her environment? I wish we all had a Gibson stashed somewhere...but then again, Gibson would stay stashed for long!!
Michele
Sep 10, 2016 Michele rated it it was amazing
This boom was so intense and so much better than the last book. Gibson has come in and swooped her up whether she believes it or not. Nonnie needs saving but she doesn't realize it. This book was more about weaknesses and finding ways to over come them as well as self discovery. She has to know herself before she can ever love anyone truly.

But I am holding my breath and waiting for Michael to be dealt with.
Noel Sommerfeld
Mar 29, 2015 Noel Sommerfeld rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!! I have loved "The Businessman", Gibson Reeves, from the first moment he entered Nonni's world. This story truly solidified just that. I always felt Michael Weston was a wee bit ticky ticky boom cray cray & he totally showed that side in the book. I wish Gibson wasn't quite so reserved with Nonni, as I think he has a whole other side to his contained being that is even more lovable & endearing. I can't wait to read the final book in this series!!!
Elaine Calloway
Dec 03, 2014 Elaine Calloway rated it it was amazing
Deena Ward continues to amaze. I read the first 2 books in this series and loved them. Loved this 3rd book as well. Her voice is amazing; the characters are alive and believable.

I enjoyed seeing her relationship with Gibson and the ending was great too, well done for a series book.

Now off to read book 4!
Samantha
Holy Pride and Prejudice! I'm not sure if Ms. Ward had intended to go in this direction with the first two books in this series, but she definitely took it there in this one.
Actually, the thought of Lizzie and Darcy in a D/s relationship is really funny, but Ms. Ward made it work... with totally different characters of course.
Rochelle
Nov 16, 2013 Rochelle rated it really liked it
Uh I truly hate Michael. What a complete asshole. It took Nonnie so long to embrace her curiosity in BDSM and the first Dom she is involved in breaks her trust. She has a personality to give herself and please others which makes her a good submissive. I hope she will be able to reclaim herself and give that trust to a better Dom.
⚡️Charlotte⚡️
4 Stars,

Nonnie's life is about to be redefined...
She's discovering who she is and what she wants...educating herself in the process...however the past betrayal of
Michael continues to haunt her...(I can't wait till he gets his!)

Lovin Gibson! He certainly has redeemed himself!

Christy
Jan 30, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it
I agree with other reviewers that this is the best book so far! The first and third books are definitely worth getting through the second book, which is difficult to read because of the subject matter but still good. Off to start book four!!!
Diane
Oct 02, 2014 Diane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Just when you think a book from a series can't get any better~BAM Deena Ward hits you with another one from The Power To Please set! WOW...These books get hotter and hotter!! I just can't get enough these crazy love/hate relationships! Bravo Deena!!! Now, on to the last book....WHEW!
Goodreads Librari...: Please add book - Deena Ward 3 19 May 03, 2013 06:14PM
  • Learning from the Master (The Manse, #2)
  • One More Rule (Blindfold Club, #2.5)
  • The Subs Club (The Subs Club, #1)
  • The Dom with a Safeword (Badass Brats, #1)
  • Bend, Don't Break (Irrevocable, #2)
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • Ivan's Captive Submissive (Submissive's Wish, #1)
  • Triple Play (Homeruns, #3)
  • Brie Embraces the Heart of Submission: After Graduation  (Brie #2)
  • Beyond Addiction (Beyond, #5)
  • Becoming Sir (The Art of D/s)
  • Darkest (The Dark Side, #3)
  • No Boundaries (Phoenix, Inc. #1)
  • Turn & Burn (The 'Cuda Confessions, #2)
  • The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)
  • Out of Plans (The Mercenaries, #2)
  • Fever Dream (BDSM Ballet, #2)
  • Enthrall Her (Enthrall Sessions Trilogy, #2)
I think nothing could be finer than having a job which demands I spend my days in worlds of my own creation.

I recently finished a BDSM erotic romance series, "The Power to Please." All four books are available at the Amazon Kindle Store, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, AllRomance Ebooks and Smashwords. One complete volume of all four novels, "The Power to Please Collection," is also available.

Try
More about Deena Ward...

The Power to Please (4 books)
  • The Businessman's Tie (The Power to Please, #1)
  • The Playboy's Proposition (The Power to Please, #2)
  • The Submissive's Last Word (The Power to Please, #4)