Start by marking “Glamour, Interrupted” as Want to Read:
Glamour, Interrupted

Glamour, Interrupted

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Before Steven Cojocaru was diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease, he could never have imagined himself living anything other than a high-glam Hollywood lifestyle. A bon vivant on two coasts, he held jobs as both the red carpet guru for Entertainment Tonight and the fashion correspondent for the Today show, hauling his suitcase full of flat irons and designer boots from ...more
Unknown Binding, 176 pages
Published January 22nd 2008 by William Morrow (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Glamour, Interrupted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glamour, Interrupted

Kalle Wescott
Just like Steven's prior book (/Red Carpet Diaries/), this book is very personal and told in a conversational, honest, self-aware style that is an easy read....

Despite the subject matter, /Glamour, Interrupted/, like its predecessor, is also extremely witty and funny. I rarely laugh out loud at even the most humorous books, comics, or comedians, but /G, I/ generated nine laugh-out-loud guffaws in my reading today.

It's also inspirational... health, education, and the arts are already my 3 causes
Littlekim
Not well written, but funny and very moving, thogh not DEEP enough!!!
Robyn
He sure drops alot of designer names I've never heard of. Definately a "glamour girl". THe book IS well-written and Steven is humorous. I enjoyed it.
Terri
I like Cojo a lot. His personality on air is fun and his takes on fashion are very interesting. I knew in the back of my mind that he had serious medical issues but wasnt sure what until I read this book. He has had two kidney transplants (body rejected the first) and has gone through a tremendous amount. He tells his story honestly and with his own sense of bizarre humor and attitude.
Eric
Jan 27, 2008 Eric rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Wow! For someone who is missing a kidney, he sure has a lot of heart! Cojo rocks! The book is well written, witty, and shockingly poignant. For someone who makes a living dishing with celebrities on the the red carpet, he has an incredible amount of depth. A must read for anyone trying to overcome adversity in their life.
Jespera
I have a soft spot for Cojo and had wondered what happened to him so I read it to find out. He has been through alot but looks at it all lightly, with his trademark humor. Only at the end does he confess to finding some depth in himself.
Erika
Cojo is adorable, and his struggles with kidney disney and depression were surprising, and mind-opening. I'm not familiar enough with Cojo or Hollywood, to be sure when he was being hyperbolic or literal, and I found that confusing.
Stephanie
what crap. Read it FAST so maybe I missed something but I doubt it. Everything here was on Oprah - glad I didn't buy the damn thing, but I love his attitude.
Amy
Good book with a good sense of humor when humor was needed during a difficult time. Liked it better than I thought I would.
Peggy
A very poignant memoir of a patient waiting for a kidney transplant, with feelings and humor. A real-life picture.
Pam Burton
I loved this book! Steven has an awesome sense of humour, I giggled through the entire book.
Nicole
Not sure why I read this one. At least it was short!
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Chantal Aucoin
Chantal Aucoin marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Brenda Flores
Brenda Flores marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Amy LeMoine
Amy LeMoine marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Red Carpet Diaries: Confessions of a Glamour Boy Glamour, Interrupted

“I had entered Kidneyland. I was officially a patient now. Somehow, I had managed to walk through the door: WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF SICKNESS. We have air-conditioning and HBO.” 1 likes