Everything She Ever Wanted

Everything She Ever Wanted

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  3,619 ratings  ·  95 reviews
ANN RULE'S BLOCKBUSTER BESTSELLER AT A NEW LOW PRICE!"EVERYTHING SHE EVER WANTED"

Read by Betty Buckley

A TRUE LOVE STORY OF OBSESSIVE LOVE, MURDER AND BETRAYAL

Pat was a beautiful, willful child whose family belonged to the upper crust of Georgia society. Little Pat's parents adored their daughter and satisfied her every desire. But as Pat grew older, her pampered life took...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published April 1st 2004 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published December 1st 1992)

Lori
"Everything She Ever Wanted" by Ann Rule is the true story of Patricia Vann Radcliffe Taylor Allanson, a Georgia woman who envisioned herself as a modern day Scarlett O'Hara and systematically tore anyone and everyone down who stood in her way of that fantasy.
Ms. Rule does an excellent job of researching Pat's childhood as a spoiled and selfish little girl who was coddled constantly by her family, who aged to become a spoiled and self-centered adult who never really truly grew up. Reading about...more
Crystal Durnan
This, along with Small Sacrifices is one of my favorite Ann Rule books. This "southern Belle" goes to great lengths to get whatever she wants, whenver she wants and from whomever she wants, using her feminine wiles and manipulation and once again this woman seems absolutely larger than life. This and Small Sacrifices are the Ann Rule books that I recommend to anyone and every one who might be interested. You won't believe the shit this lady pulls!! She gets caught at first, while proclaiming her...more
Rosemary
The ugly truth about what motivates some people to kill is always shocking. What's worse is when, knowing this, other family members side with the killer. Spoiled rotten by her family, Patricia Vann Radcliffe Taylor Allinson, a Georgia beauty whose goal in life was to emulate Scarlett O'Hara, led a life of deadly horror. Fed by her family's constant devotion from early childhood through middle age, Pat, who could do nothing wrong by her family's standards. A narcissistic personality, without a s...more
Florence (Lefty) MacIntosh
For fans of true-crime you can't beat Ann Rule. An earlier novel this is one of her best. Story of Pat Taylor, a female sociopath with major entitlement issues, she believes she deserves everything & ends up destroying the lives of everyone that loves her. A true-crime story written so well it reads like fiction; if this is your genre you'll love it.
Donna
This book stays with you. I couldn't quit thinking about it after I was finished. I was left wanting to know what happened to the family
after the book ends. I found a little info, but not enough. I want to know the oldest daughter, Susan, was able to be happy far away from
her mother. Did the granddaughter, Ashlynne, turn out OK after being tormented by Pat and raised in such a dysfunctional household? What
about Susan's son, Sean. Did he ever realize the truth? I think Tom had to tell himself he...more
Ruth
Another of Ann Rule's fantastic renderings of a truly horrific crime, or--in this case--horrific crimes. The depths to which human nature can plunge has ceased to amaze me; however, the ability of people foolishly to ignore warning sign after warning sign is truly appalling. All parents who are guilty of foolishly indulging their children and saving them time and again from the consequences of their own actions should be forced to read this book and witness the possible consequences of such beha...more
Connie Hodges
This is a twisted tale of a woman whose southern belle exterior masked a narcissistic and ruthless criminal. The crimes committed by Patricia Taylor née Radcliffe were shocking enough, but the blind devotion of a family that fed her egocentric drive to get whatever she wanted was even more fascinating.

Pat was a woman who would go to any lengths to obtain the lavish lifestyle she felt she deserved. People, especially men, were simply a means to an end and the end was usually pretty heinous. In h...more
Garrett
Ann Rule always shares very interesting, and disturbing, stories. And this one was no different. It is about a husband who is tried for murdering his parents, and a wife who seems to be the one who did it and who is imprisoned for other crimes and attempted murders. The really sad part is how this woman's parents raised her (as a spoiled brat) and supported her in her lies and selfishness: truly shameful. Too bad they can't be tried for the crimes too.

In any case, I enjoyed the read, but was stu...more
Laura Johnson
I really enjoyed this book. I actually only wanted to read it because I saw the movie some years ago. And I truly do love how Ann Rule writes true crime. I really felt as if I knew these people and where going through their problems along with me. The main character Patricia Taylor wasn't like any other person I had ever heard of. She truly would do anything to get everything she wanted. I am still shocked that this woman got away with so much and how her family basically stood by and watched he...more
M
EVERYTHING SHE EVER WANTED is quite a tense, edge of your seat read. The reader is consistently left on the edge wondering how much evidence would be needed and could be collected to convict a person who would do such terrible things. Never one to disappointed, Ann Rule delivers the answer at the end. Ann depicts the life of this family in intricate, intimate detail, which seems laced with 'family values', but they never sit quite right. With EVERYTHING SHE EVER WANTED, Ann shows she's definitel...more
Lindz Milligan
half way through this I had to remind myself that I was reading a true crime novel. This woman would be right at home in a Jackie Collins novel.

It was extremely well written and just showed how much of a cold calculating spoilt bitch she really was
Annie
Another hit by Ann Rule. It always amazes me how people can be so easily manipulated and taken in. The perpetrator's histrionic behavior should have been a warning sign, but she was adept at making people believe one strand of the web of lies while convincing another set of people of the believability of a different version. What a home wrecker! Multiple families were devastated, lives were lost, people were injured. How many people like this conniving woman are out there right now, manipulating...more
♥ Marlene♥
on Monday, January 05, 2004 I wrote on Bookcrossing about this book:

Currently Reading. Like it until now

Sunday February 1th 2004

Finished the book.
I think this is one of the better books by Ann Rule. Lots of details as always,but also a lot of questions up till the end.
Who committed the murders?
I felt angry a lot of times, o how much i despise that woman, Pat Taylor.She always wanted to be in the center of attention,so selfish.
This book I really recommend.

This is the first Ann Rule I ever read, and I keep going back to it. Something about the pure, psychopathic selfishness of Pat Taylor is incredibly fascinating. The book is well researched, with a lot of attention paid to detail. All of the people in the story are well represented by Rule, not just Taylor. It's amazing how somebody can have beauty, a loving family, a devoted husband, and still want more, more, more.
JENNY MILK
I am in love with Ann Rule. The depth she goes into to tell these stories is amazing. There is nothing more to say other than you feel like you are part of Pat Allanson's Family. She described Pa with so much detail, at times I felt like I was her, like I could relate to her character. So freaky. You cannot put this book down. One of my favorite Ann Rule Books.
J.D. Holman
The narrator's accent fits the setting of the book perfectly. It does feel like this may have been a little too abridged, though. I may need to read the print version to know the full story.

A short review of this and "Bitter Harvest" is available at http://moonlit-librarian.blogspot.com...
Elyssa
I always read true crime books when I travel and this page turner was perfect for our Thanksgiving weekend trip. Ann Rule is a consistently strong true crime writer because she takes her time to set up the story, introduce you to the characters, and always captures the courtroom drama without drowning the reader in too many details.
Ldrhc
I don't know what it is, but I really like Ann Rule's style. I read Small Sacrifices in college and was floored. Not sure if I read the Stranger Beside Me but won't now as Ted is just too creepy. Looking for another author like Ann as I've read a lot of hers and don't know if there is anything left.
Juli
Laurie
I've read several of this author's books, although I can't remember the other titles. They are really well-written and gripping, but after a couple of them, you get so tired of reading about sick minds and horrible things that you just have to put them down for a while.
Jonna Doughty
As always, Ann Rule has shared a true story and left me wanting more. Did Pat really plan the murders of her in-laws, or did she actually do the shooting? Why on earth would a family continue to cover for someone like her for so many years?
And who will die next?
Eva
I couldn't put this book down. Rule takes you into the twisted world of one very screwed up woman and her family where one dreadful thing happens after another. The author provides different perspectives throughout the book and is very clever in building suspense.
Leslie Taylor-simo
This book is Rule at her finest. This story about Patricia Vann Radcliffe Taylor Allanson Taylor couldn't be told better. The details of this sociopathic murderess are so intricate I feel like I knew her. Recommend!
William Omalley
Great read..fascinating to see into mind of killer...seeing how some have great charm yet use it to most selfish ends. It is also amazing the damage that some can leave in their wake and show no empathy.
Sara
Study of a psychopathic personality that manages to destroy everyone around her, and how her family is in denial. Only one of her daughters can bring a (temporary) stop to the madness.
Michelle Bacon
Great book and so shocking how this woman got away with the things she did for so long. If you like true crime, this story about Patricia Allenson is one to read. She's no 'southern belle'.
Laurie Tanner
True story of Georgia couple Pat Taylor and Tom Allanson. Pat thought of herself as the real-life Scarlett O'Hara and would stop at nothing to have her Tara.
Kristen Doherty
Jun 01, 2008 Kristen Doherty rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any true crime reader
A true story about a women that tries to sweet charm her way into anything. If she didn't get her way she would try other means to get her way.
Deb Sharp
I have read this book twice,i neededto read it twice as there is so much info and details I missed a lot the first time I read it.
Eden Coughlin
Jul 28, 2008 Eden Coughlin rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Akiko
I especially love the part where the she makes her elderly parents join her in changing all her dolls' clothes every day. Whoa!
  • She Wanted It All
  • Before He Wakes: A True Story of Money, Marriage, Sex and Murder
  • Because You Loved Me
  • The Riverman: Ted Bundy and I Hunt for the Green River Killer
  • Murder in Little Egypt
  • All She Wanted
  • Never Enough
  • A Twisted Faith: A Minister's Obsession and the Murder That Destroyed a Church
  • The Misbegotten Son
  • Deadly Innocence
  • From Cradle to Grave: The Short Lives and Strange Deaths of Marybeth Tinning's Nine Children
  • The Darkest Night: The Murder of Innocence in a Small Town
  • In Broad Daylight
Ann Rule is a popular American true crime writer. She came to prominence with her first book, The Stranger Beside Me, about the Ted Bundy murders.
At the time she started researching the book, the murders were still unsolved. In the course of time, it became clear that the killer was Bundy, her friend and her colleague as a trained volunteer on the suicide hotline at the Seattle, Washington Crisis...more
More about Ann Rule...
The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy The Shocking Inside Story Small Sacrifices: A True Story of Passion and Murder Green River, Running Red: The Real Story of the Green River Killer--America's Deadliest Serial Murderer If You Really Loved Me And Never Let Her Go: Thomas Capano: The Deadly Seducer