Anelisse: A True Story of Child Abuse

Anelisse: A True Story of Child Abuse

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  11 reviews
'Anelisse' is a memoir about one girl's struggle to survive child abuse at the hands of her alcoholic stepfather while her lovestruck mother turns the other cheek. This book chronicles author Adriana Bellini's real-life battle with child abuse and gives a chilling, detailed account of how she and her siblings made it out alive.
Published August 18th 2013 by Monarch Publishing House

Kimberly Hicks
Jan 23, 2014 Kimberly Hicks rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kimberly by: ReadCheaply
Shelves: read-on-kindle
OMG, it's stories like this that make me absolute abhor a child abuser--hell, any type of abuser for that matter. What Anelisse a/k/a Lissy had to endure with her twin sister and brother, was an absolute downright pitiful damn shame. Her mother definitely doesn't win the "mother of the year" award in my book because it was due to her own neglect that her children were subjected to physical and mental abuse at the hands of their stepfather.

What the hell is a child supposed to do, and where does o...more
Kat♥
This book spoke to me in SO many ways. I cried, I smiled, my mouth fell open in shock. While I survived a different element of child abuse, many of her emotional issues, stressers, and ways of dealing with life, sounded incredibly familiar to me.

She seems like someone I could connect with.
Melissa
A very heartwarming story about a girl who grew up with an alcoholic stepfather. This story captures victim's hearts, and gives them a sense of hope and understanding. It also allows them to feel as if they are not alone and sheds a light on their future.
It also gives knowledge to society on the reality of abuse, and how many individuals are shy in admitting when a child is being harmed, or putting a stop to it.
The truth of the matter is, with this story; you'll realize ABUSE is REAL, and it d...more
Kelly Ryder
Child abuse

Child abuse

I had to give this book five stars for the way this child had to grow up in house with two abusive parents. She not only got out but made her way through life the best way she could. I was raised from age eleven by an abusive stepmother, after my mother had passed away. I also had to get out and leave my two siblings the way she did. I love her writing and would like to have more of her books.
juan esteban valdez jr
Great book

this book was great I stayed up supper late because I couldn't put it down I had to get to the next page. I definitively recommend it, especially for those going through abuse or have gone through abuse, definitively a must read.
Mom2triplets04
I hardly ever real true stories. This book I got from Amazon Prime on my kindle for free for the month of March. It's about a 19 year old girl who had an abusive step father and mom. She tells her story of her life from the time her step father married the mom. I think she was about 5 years old when they married or may even be younger. All those years she struggled with abuse.
Ceecee James
This book inspired me to face some truths in my own life. Hard to read at times, but touching and hopeful at other times. I recommend it!
Angala
Feb 10, 2014 Angala added it
Heartbreaking

This true story wasn't only heartbreaking but it was heartwarming to know that you can over come abuse and live a somewhat normal life
Kasi
A great book about the struggle of children of abusive parents and their fight to stay alive and move on with their lives.
Kristine
Anelisse: A True Story of Child Abuse by Adriana Bellini is a free Goodreads First-Reads advance reader copy of a book I received in mid-November. I was drawn to this book by its synopsis and its beautiful and heartstring-pulled front cover.

What the front cover initially leads you to believe is that only the childhood of the title character, Anelisse, is told over the course of reading the book when it is truly the span of Anelisse's childhood, teenage life, and adulthood. Time does indeed pass...more
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
 Frenchie
Frenchie marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Kaleigh Knight
Kaleigh Knight marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Ck Keeley
Ck Keeley marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Deborah Pekofsky
Deborah Pekofsky marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Suzanne Brown
Suzanne Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Terra Knasinski
Terra Knasinski marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Samantha Rodriguez
Samantha Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
  • Dirty Old Man (A True Story)
  • Not One Of Them: A Story of Adoption, Alcoholism and Abuse
  • Between Dusk and Dawn: A Lashaun Rousselle Mystery
  • Rhinoceros Summer
  • Tales from Ma's Watering-Hole
  • Amelia's Story
Adriana Bellini is an American author, born and raised in a small town in New Jersey just outside of Philadelphia. She enjoys reading, writing, painting, singing with a band, and rescuing feral cats. A veteran in the nursing field and current student of psychology, Adriana draws from her experiences in her career field and education background to craft her fiction works. Her newly-released best-se...more
More about Adriana Bellini...