Start by marking “Taking It All (Surrender Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Taking It All (Surrender Trilogy, #3)

Taking It All (Surrender Trilogy #3)

3.78  ·  Rating Details ·  5,127 Ratings  ·  348 Reviews
Chessy and Tate have been married for several years. In the beginning, their relationship was everything she wanted. Passionate. All consuming. She offered her submission freely and Tate cherished her gift with a tenderness that made her feel safe. Content. Wanted. And loved beyond all measure. But as the years have gone by, Tate has become more immersed in making his busi ...more
Published August 5th 2014 by Berkley Trade (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Taking It All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking It All

Erika
First things first: A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
This is a BDSM book (in a BDSM trilogy), thus it inherently contains scenes that will make many readers uncomfortable, but this one needed a damn disclaimer! I read a lot of erotica and BDSM, I love it. So I know what to expect… what I did NOT expect was a scene where a sub is assaulted and raped. So if you are sensitive to that subject, are a survivor, or the loved one of a survivor—like I am—than you should know that such a scene lays ahead
Karsyn
Sep 01, 2016 Karsyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For the past 3 years, Maya Banks has been my favorite author, but I think I need to admit I'm done and stay away from her books, though it's so hard.

I KNEW I shouldn't have read this book but I, 1 ~ I hate not finishing up trilogies & 2 ~ hate not reading a MB book.

I know it's personal preference on this, completely. The people are still good, the sex is still hot, but this storyline was HORRIBLE as I knew it would be, yet I didn't stay away like I should have.

I have SOOOOOOOOO much I could
T's Book ~ Tanja
Jul 05, 2014 T's Book ~ Tanja rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
How do you forgive the man you have loved for so long when he does the unforgiveable? Not only has be broken your emotional trust but your physical well being? I have been intrigued with Tate and Chessy since book one in the Surrender Trilogy. We are shown the good and bad from many sides and from the point of view of their friends. To say this book took me by surprise is an understatement. I really didn’t expect the level of neglect Tate would take things.

I cried for Chessy. To have a relations
[Aengell]
Sep 13, 2014 [Aengell] rated it it was ok

I’m officially taking a break from Maya Banks.

I can’t go on like this, and I’m feeling like a bad fan, but I really can’t do this anymore. I don’t care if I read a novel by an unknown author and don’t like it. It’s okay, because I try them out, they aren’t mine and everything is fine.
But what do you do when one of your favourite authors, one of your auto-buy-authors, where you always got that excited feeling when reading a story of hers, becomes someone entirely different?

Maybe it’s because s

Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars
Romance Rating ~ 5 Stars
Heat Level ~ 4.5 Stars
Ending ~ 5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 5 HUGE SHINING STARS!

Maya Banks did it again! Taking It All is a BRILLANTLY written story that touched my heart and soul throughout the entire read.

This is the third installment of The Surrender series, and is Chessy and Tate’s story, which I have been dying to read since I first met them in book 1, Letting Go.
Elaine
Jul 26, 2014 Elaine rated it liked it
Shelves: 07-2014
This was the story I was waiting for since the first book in the trilogy. I really enjoyed the first book, Letting Go, with Joss and Dash and it did an excellent job of introducing the characters for the next two books. I wanted book two to be Chessy’s and Tate’s story because their situation was so compelling. It wasn’t obviously, but Giving In, Kylie’s and Jensen’s story was excellent and I learned more about Chessy and Tate in it. Finally, with Taking It All, I get their story.

And I didn’t li
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This book was just not for me. The hero constantly talks to and treats the heroine like a 2 year old child. Repeating himself and their conversations go around and around. Aside from the fact that it moves extremely slow, not even the sex scenes were able to interest me enough about either one of the main characters.
Natalia815
Feb 13, 2015 Natalia815 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maya-banks
45 estrellas.

He leído la otra saga de Maya, Sin aliento, y sin duda me quedo con esta. Las historias son mejores y distintas entre sí. He sufrido leyendo lo infeliz que era Chessy en su matrimonio. En varias situaciones me he enfadado mucho con Tate.

Saga recomendada.
Catarina
Sep 17, 2015 Catarina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
****
My Book Addiction and More MBA
This thrilling conclusion to Maya Banks’ Surrender Trilogy is sure to take your breath away!

All Chessy wants is her husband back. Her lover. Her Dominant. But for the past two years, he’s devoted more and more of his time into his business and less and less into their relationship. Chessy just wants to have the passion, the desire, and most of all the security that comes from their marriage. As their anniversary approaches, Chessy knows it’s now or never so she finally tells Tate how she feels.
Jacqueline
Sep 03, 2014 Jacqueline rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No One
Evolet Belova
Sin duda alguna, el mejor de la trilogía. Porque es el mas completo, el mas trabajado, pero parte de ello esta el hecho de que la pareja ya este casada y que nos adentramos en su historia cuando ya llevan muchos años juntos y la autora no tiene que "unirlos" porque ya están unidos, y eso es algo que agradezco porque en los dos libros anteriores no me pareció nada creíble el como la autora comenzó las relaciones de las dos parejas. Forzadas, rápidas... edulcoradas.
En esta novela eso es lo que le
Becca
Aug 31, 2014 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: berkley
And amazing end to this trilogy! I really enjoyed this series and would highly recommend it, especially to anyone who has never read BDSM before.

Chessy and Tate have always been the strong, married couple that all of their friend strive to emulate. They are loving and passionate. But lately things have been off. Tate is not only starting to neglect Chessy, but he is falling short with his duties as her dominate partner.

Chessy fears the worse and has no way of confronting Tate. Until one night, w
Natalia
Mar 16, 2015 Natalia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kathy Davie
Jan 03, 2015 Kathy Davie rated it did not like it
Third in the Surrender Trilogy D/s series and revolving around three ladies who have supported each other through so very much. The couple focus is on Chessy and Tate Morgan and proves that actions are stronger than words. Set in Houston.

My Take
Jesus, this was so bad. What is it with Banks these days? I don't think I've read one of her more recent stories and been thrilled. I enjoy reading erotica, but this was embarrassing, and no, not because of the sex. Taking It All reads more like one of
The Romance Evangelist
A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review at Seductive Musings.

This book contains spoilers for LETTING GO and GIVING IN, the first two books in the Surrender trilogy. You might be able to read TAKING IT ALL as a standalone, but I wouldn’t recommend it.
Finally, after all the buildup in the first two Surrender trilogy books, we get Chessy and Tate’s story here in TAKING IT ALL. After Carson Breckenridge died too soon in a tragic car accident, it was more than a year be
Ishtar
Después de la primera trilogía que leí de Maya Banks me quedé con ganas de más y esta no me ha decepcionado en absoluto. Me gustaron las historias de Josh y Dash y Kylie y Jensen, pero la que esperaba con más ganas era esta, la de Chessy y Tate, ya casados pero distanciados y con problemas. Tenía ganas de ver cómo cambiaba la dinámica, ya no era una pareja que se conocía y se enamoraba sino una que ya estaba asentada en la rutina y con otros problemas. Y no me ha decepcionado nada, aunque a Tate ...more
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
A história é bem escrita, mas confesso que a autora não tem me agradado ultimamente.
Nesta história o herói quebra a confiança da heroína e numa relação de dominância isto é a coisa mais importante. Ele larga ela em um momento de vulnerabilidade para atender o maldito telefone e a deixa sozinha em uma cena em que outro cara a está dominando e ele a machuca, não só física, mas emocionalmente. Só isso já bastava para ela dar um pé na bunda dele e nunca mais voltar... mas como estamos falando de fan
Heather Scott mannella
This was my least favorite of the trilogy! I felt like it was forced! I was disappointed because this was the book I was most looking forward to!! Every book before this one talked and hinted towards this outcome between Chessy and Tate and I think the hype was too high and the book just didn't live up to it! I thought Tate was going to be this big, bad Dom but he was a big wuss. I found him to be whiny and a little annoying. I also though that Chessy overreacted a bit too. I mean a few days bef ...more
Hannah (The Irish Banana Review)
Jun 03, 2014 Hannah (The Irish Banana Review) rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-romance
I have loved this trilogy by Maya Banks and I've been awaiting Chessy and Tate's story since this series started, and she certainly did not let me down.

Filled with romance and some very steamy moments, I was swooning from the start. Unlike the first two books, this book wasn't about a couple finding love, but rather re-discovering it. Chessy and Tate are out of the honeymoon phase and are now having to work at their marriage. Kudos to Banks for exploring what happens AFTER the Happily Ever After
Stefanie
Some BDSM - mild. D/s. mf/mfm/bdsm/romance/erotica/submission.
I read books 1 & 2 within days and looking forward to book 3 when I get it from the Library.

Book 3
Book 3 is a book of a lot of drama about Chessy & Tate. They finally have a fight and Tate is working to many hours. Then Tate does the unthinkable . . . will Chessy forgive Tate? Will they survive, have to read to the end to find out. Great friends are every bit of what life is all about, if Chessy didn't have her close friends
Ilene
Absolutely loved parts, absolutely hated other and barely liked some other parts.

Chessy and Tate never really interested me so I was reluctant to read this, but I did want to finish the trilogy.

This book was definitely deeper then the rest. And parts are almost too realistic. We all know at least one person that works way to much and doesn't have a clue what is really going on.

The beginning was soooo boring, I struggled to continue. But then when the bottom drops out, that was a serious WTF mome
Juletta Gilge
Feb 11, 2015 Juletta Gilge rated it liked it
I can see it! I can see hints of the Maya I know!

photo tumblr_n3xbuw7qhb1rjxj9ko1_r3_400_zpshpwatfap.gif

No, no wait! Aaannddd....she's gone. Maybe next time she'll stay.

I loved the story, taking place after the marriage, after the bliss ends and real life really sets in.

It was a tough book to get through at times, I don't know if I would have been able to forgive the was Chessy did...but I'm happy that she and Tate work out the way they do.
Amanda Sheila
Aug 11, 2014 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite, maya-banks
I freaking love this book.

I've been waiting for Chessy's story since forever and finally I got it! I knew this book will be dramatic and I right. It's super dramatic.

For a moment I want to slap Tate for 'neglecting' Chessy, but then again he works really hard to make a good living and it's for Chessy's life eventually. There are some moments where I really want to slap Chessy too because she's so self-pitying. I don't like it. And I wish Tate didn't really self-blaming too, I mean, he's feelin
Kelly Van den Broecke
Ik keek al een hele tijd uit naar het verhaal van chessy en tate. Vooral in het vorig boek kwam al naar voor dat er problemen waren in hun huwelijk maar dat zij zich volledig wegcijferde voor haar vriendinnen en haar man. Dus wou ik weten hoe dit verhaal ging aflopen. Ook hier speelt de rol van dominant en onderdanige een grote rol maar weer eens bekeken van een andere zijde. Ik vond het een goed verhaal. Het was heel meeslepend. Je wordt gewoon in het verhaal gezogen en leeft mee met de persona ...more
Elle Masen
30% into the book and Tate has been "shredded" with the realization that he might very well lose the love of his life if he does not get his priorities straight immediately...commence groveling.

Tate's actions were unforgivable in my opinion. Chessy can claim she's not a "doormat" all she wants. I disagree.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
The best one out of the trilogy. I really felt the chemistry between Tate and Chessy. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I've liked Chessy since the first book.
Charlene
Aug 09, 2014 Charlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-erotic, bdsm
3.5 stars...and by far my favourite of this series.
Nel-ly
Utrpení. Pateticke, hloupé, nudné, nezajímavé. myslim, je tím jsem s autorkou skončila
The World of Maya...: Banks Buddy Read-Taking it All 52 44 Aug 15, 2014 06:03AM
  • Need You Tonight (Loving on the Edge, #6)
  • Unraveled (Mastered, #3)
  • Hot Shots
  • Bonds of Courage (Wicked Play, #6)
  • The Lingerie Shop (Naughty Bits, #1)
  • A Shot of Red
  • Undying Desire (The Enclave, #3)
  • His to Command (His to Command, #1-6)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • His to Take (Wicked Lovers, #9)
  • Untamed Hearts (Highland Hearts, #2.5)
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Count on Me (Petal, Georgia, #3)
  • Nauti Enchantress (Nauti, #9; Nauti Girls, #3)
  • Ignited (Most Wanted, #3)
  • Claiming Her Warriors (Lumineta, #2)
  • Crazy, Stupid Sex
  • Crossing the Line
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

Surrender Trilogy (3 books)
  • Letting Go (Surrender Trilogy, #1)
  • Giving In (Surrender Trilogy, #2)

“True friendship has no boundaries. No parameters. And certainly has no conditions.” 2 likes
“Cut the sarcasm or I'll cut you” 0 likes