Start by marking “Dancing on the Edge (Tales from the Edge, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dancing on the Edge (Tales from the Edge, #3)

Dancing on the Edge (Tales from the Edge #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  116 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Life is a dance. Whether you lead or follow, the passion of it should sweep you away.

Carey and Alistair have the kind of relationship that is the envy of their friends. Carey is an old-fashioned Dom who appreciates quiet obedience. Alistair is a sub who is comfortable in his skin and finds peace in his submission. Needless to say, their happiness is too good to last.

When A
Published September 13th 2013 by Total-E-Bound Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dancing on the Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing on the Edge

Christy Duke
Sep 13, 2013 Christy Duke rated it really liked it
This is the third installment in the 'Tales from the Edge' series and it had a definitely different feel to it than the prior two books. This story revolves around a Dom/sub who have been together for a while versus a new pairing. It also deals with very right-wing, fundamentalist ideology and the horrible acts performed by those individuals in the name of their beliefs. I knew, based on the other works, that the writing would be crisp and clean, the characters would have a lot of depth, and the ...more
Becky Condit
Jun 19, 2016 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
David is a Mennonite farmer who has lived his life as he was expected to do. The son of a stern father he inherited the farm when he was 18 years old and his father died suddenly. He married Susan and fathered two children, Joe and Amy, who are now in college. When Susan died three years ago David continued doing what he had always done, but alone and lonely. He didn’t even realize how unfulfilling his life had become and how broken he was because of it. He just continued every day, every week, ...more
Andrea Goodell
Oct 07, 2015 Andrea Goodell rated it really liked it
Carey and Alistair have been the couple in the background for the last couple of books. But we never really got a feel for them or the relationship except Alistair liked to be ‘bratty’ around Carey and then be punished.

We don’t get a lot of alone time with these two, so hard to say if they had chemistry. But the group as a whole still works well together, for the most part.

In this one, we really got to see the dynamic of the relationship, how it was working and not working. Once again to Olly’s
Inked Reads
Jan 27, 2015 Inked Reads rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, m-m
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.
This book has some abusive "therapy" - if that type of thing bother's you, do not read.

Carey and Alistair are a great pair. Despite their age difference, they are exactly what each other needs.

I love Alistair's confidence. It makes him a very likable character. So often the subs are unsure, timid and almost whiny - Alistair is SO not like that and I loved it! Despite his background, he found a world where he was comfortable, safe
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Fun Dancing on the Edge is the third installment in the Tales from the Edge series and I have to say each one has gotten a bit better. This time around we spend our time with Alastair and Carey. One of the more entertaining aspects of this series is the fact that the author doesn't let characters from the previous books just have a quick hello. They are an integral part of the new story and that way we do see growth and we keep having fun with everyone including Olley. Yes I will admit there is ...more
Carole-Ann
Feb 18, 2016 Carole-Ann rated it liked it
This is Carey and Alistair's story - although they've appeared in the first two books as an established couple, it isn't until this one (and not until the end) that Carey collars Alistair.

Alistair is kidnapped by his wealthy father's henchmen and taken to a reversion therapy clinic where he undergoes horrid treatment meant to cure his gayness. Not nice to read at all.

But Carey calls in his friends, so Joe and Olly infiltrate the clinic in order to save Alistair.

A fairly predictable story with a
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

We have met Carey and Alistair in the previous books. Although Alistair is not collared there is no doubt the pair are an exclusive D/s couple and very much in love. Carey is older than Alistair and likes to live a relatively quiet life and his biggest fear is that Alistair will get bored with him. Alistairs father is a high flying business man and the biggest asshole around. When his career becomes more public the last thing he wants anyone to know about is his g
Thomaidha Papa
3~3.5 Hearts
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Here I go back to the Tales from the Edge series and book three was actually quite appealing for me. Unlike the previews one, the relationship followed here was a solid one and both characters were equally charming and comfortable in their love.

Carey is a near forty years old man, and while the fear that his young lover will one day leave him for a younger one is there lurking in the corner, he is in a most delightful relationship with Alistair
Andrea
Jul 26, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
Part of a series but each can be read as a stand alone. I'm entering these same comments for all the books since I read 4 of them in a row. I didn't particularly love the main characters in any of the books but the secondaries were so enticing I had to get the next book. Unfortunately, when they became the main characters, they weren't as good as I'd hoped. All the stories were unrealistic, the D/S aspect was a little out there and some parts were almost slapstick comedy. Still worth the read.
Heidi Dover
Oct 23, 2015 Heidi Dover rated it really liked it
Shelves: liked
Enjoy reading the series. Enjoyable installment, again really liked the interaction and dynamic between the two MCs but the whole rescue plot was slightly that side of OTT and almost silly-ish, but fits with the lighthearted enjoyment atmosphere the series has. hot, well-written, fun, enjoyable novella in the series.
Tammy
Feb 19, 2015 Tammy rated it really liked it
I liked that we got to visit with the other guys from the two previous books! I liked the Dom/Sub aspect of this book. The love, caring, and easy way that they have with each other does come through in this book. I also like the age difference as it shows that love does not know age limits.
Tracy
May 20, 2015 Tracy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, bdsm
This series just gets better and better with each book I read. I love the dynamics between the Dom and Sub. I love the twists these books take. Nothing is straight forward, always keeping wondering what is going to happen next...

Full Review Soon
Shaz
Aug 08, 2014 Shaz rated it really liked it
The third instalment in this series. It just keeps on going as strong as ever.

Here it's mainly about Carey and Alistair. I say mainly, because I'm a little surprised how much there was in there of Joe and Olley and Heath and Aiden.

Carey and Alistair aren't a new couple like the previous books. They have an established relationship, although Carey has never collared his sub. The reasons for this are a little unclear, and I never got the reply I wanted in the book either. But that is a minor nigg
Rachel
Jun 05, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
I'm enjoying this series. I like the couples and I always love books that keep the previous characters involved in the future stories. Hot, sweet, sexy, and HEA endings!
Tammy
Feb 16, 2015 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I love this series! Just the right amount of action and bratty boys! Ready to read the next one. Great read.

Suze
Apr 29, 2015 Suze rated it really liked it
Have been reading in order and would recommend this, though the stories do read standalone too. Reading in order means that updates on the established characters mean more. I thought this installment was a much tighter read and more emotional.
Oce again there is imprisonment as Alistair suffers at the hand of his father - and the sadistic bastard who tortures him. Carey has to sit back as others hatch a plan for rescue and this didn't really ring true for his character for me - and if I was Alist
Nisi
Jan 07, 2014 Nisi rated it really liked it
This was predictable but, I loved it. Glad to see new characters and old alike. I felt bad for Alistair but, he's a fighter. Of course, you gotta love Olly! Very interested in Kai and Christian's stories in upcoming books (hint hint). Nice read :)
CB
Nov 12, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
2 more intriguing and different characters with a whole new drama in the 3rd book of the series. Just fun reading. I'm glad there's another book and hope for more to follow after that one!
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Liz Burnside
Liz Burnside rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Jo * Smut-Dickted * marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Elynor
Elynor added it
Jun 15, 2016
andrea moran
andrea moran rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
boogleloo
boogleloo rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Pikafr
Pikafr added it
Jun 01, 2016
Hadis
Hadis marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Maggie
Maggie rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Fie Berdin
Fie Berdin rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Sumire-chan
Sumire-chan rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • In The Absence of Monsters
  • Pony (Guards of Folsom, #3)
  • Trusting Thomas (Collars and Cuffs, #2)
  • Dangerous Submission (Dangerous Affairs, #2)
  • Hotwired Heart (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #1)
  • Catalyst
  • Ropes and Dreams (Mossy Glenn Ranch, #2)
  • Finding Master Right
  • Vanished 3 (Vanished #3)
  • Sorting Out (Fitting In #2)
  • Consent (Power Exchange, #3)
  • Broken Series Season One
  • Triple Threat (Triple Threat #1)
  • Risk Aware
Lucinda lives in a small village in the English countryside, surrounded by rolling hills, cows and sheep. She started writing to fill time between jobs and is now firmly and unashamedly addicted.

She loves the English weather, especially the rain, and adores a thunderstorm. She loves good food, warm company and a crackling fire. She's fascinated by the psychology of relationships, especially betwee
More about L.M. Somerton...

Tales from the Edge (5 books)
  • Reaching the Edge (Tales from the Edge, #1)
  • Living on the Edge (Tales from the Edge, #2)
  • A Double-Edged Sword (Tales from the Edge, #4)
  • Rough Around the Edges  (Tales from the Edge #5)