Start by marking “She-Hulk by Dan Slott: The Complete Collection Volume 1” as Want to Read:
She-Hulk by Dan Slott: The Complete Collection Volume 1

She-Hulk by Dan Slott: The Complete Collection Volume 1 (She-Hulk by Dan Slott: The Complete Collection)

Everyone's favorite Jade Giantess, She-Hulk, has returned for tons of fun, both on and off the field of battle! As a superhuman lawyer, She-Hulk has tried some of the strangest cases on Earth...but now, Shulkie is heading into deep space to practice Universal Law! And upon her return, the emerald enchantress matches muscles with Hercules...but it's going to take brains, ...more
Published February 25th 2014 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about She-Hulk by Dan Slott, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She-Hulk by Dan Slott

She-Hulk, Volume 1 by Charles SouleShe-Hulk, Volume 1 by Dan SlottShe-Hulk, Volume 2 by Dan SlottShe-Hulk, Volume 2 by Charles SouleShe-Hulk, Volume 3 by Dan Slott
The Best of She-Hulk
7th out of 34 books — 8 voters
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinTrueman Bradley - Aspie Detective by Alexei Maxim RussellTrueman Bradley - The Next Great Detective by Alexei Maxim RussellOut of My Mind by Sharon M. DraperOne Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
Books With Disabled Protagonists
96th out of 99 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Blindzider
Dec 10, 2015 Blindzider rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
So, I've never read any solo She-Hulk stories (not even the well praised Byrne run.) I've been reading Slott's Spider-Man and thought I would try this collection.

It's closer to 2.5 stars. I didn't find it quite as entertaining as his Spider-Man. It has some wackiness to it, which I believe is a hallmark of the character and there's some fairly inventive stories involving the legal system that I enjoyed. I'm not sure if it is just that I don't really identify with Jennifer Walters (who is just as
Amanda
Feb 05, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
The first 12 issues are the strongest part of this collection. The rest is good but somewhat disjointed. I enjoy a good one-shot, but some connection to the rest of the book, please. Juan Bobillo's art is adorable; I love how he draws both Jen and She-Hulk.
Rusty
Dec 19, 2014 Rusty rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I was lying in bed yesterday morning, waiting for my alarm to go off and I realized that I couldn’t recall the last time I’d been sick. I don’t mean deathly ill or anything either. I mean, I can’t recall the last time I had a stuffy nose, a cough, or even a headache.

I wondered, briefly, if I’d finally figured out a method to cheating disease altogether. You know, my diet of banana pudding, peanut butter Cap’n Crunch, hamburgers, and beer had overwhelmed any would be pathogen before it could do
Craig
May 16, 2014 Craig rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this volume. Dan Slott has to be one of the best comics writers currently active and his run on this title is a great mix of humor, imaginative situations, and pathos all in one. He does a great job of illustrating both sides of Jennifer Walters' character--the fairly buttoned-down lawyer and the more chaotic She-Hulk within. Lots of great stories revolving around a law firm with a branch that specializes in the superheroic and the supervillainous. The artwork varies wildly, but ...more
John
May 28, 2015 John rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was a refreshing, light-hearted change of pace in my recent comics reading, away from darker stuff like Hellblazer, the Miller and Bendis Daredevil runs, and the like. This first volume of Dan Slott's Shulkie run is breezy, funny, and not afraid to make fun of itself and comics in general. The whole idea of a law firm for super-powered clients is great, especially the bit about researching the long-boxes for case info. There is even a time travel angle I actually enjoyed. Also the Two-Gun ...more
Sam Poole
Mar 19, 2015 Sam Poole rated it it was amazing
Light hearted and accessible. And beautiful drawn. And hilarious. Like Palmiotti and Conners "power girl" but with more heart, somehow. It's funny and clever, avoiding over sexualizing Jen Walters in favor of deft characterization and perfect balance of fighting, court room drama and clever self-referential in-jokes. This is amazing. One of the best series I've read. Just no weak issues. And the "100" issue is SO damn good. Can't wait to read volume 2.
Don Weiss
Feb 15, 2015 Don Weiss rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When her hard-partying and carefree nature causes her to be fired from her job and ousted from the Avengers Mansion, attorney Jennifer Walters, aka the She-Hulk, begins a new direction in her life when she begins working for the law offices of Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg, and Holliway. Jen soon finds that the place is not the typical law firm, but one that caters to certain clients who are right up her alley.

Dan Slott embarks on his memorable SHE-HULK run by taking a lighter, affectionately humo
Kristen
May 28, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
My first time reading a She-Hulk title, and it was not what I expected. That's a good thing. I kept passing on She-Hulk because I thought she was just a female version of Hulk. My mistake. Other than the green skin, She-Hulk doesn't remind me of her male counterpart at all.

This book is smart, fun, light, and pretty straightforward. There's no emotional roller coaster or a big mystery that keeps you in suspense. It's simple and entertaining, and that works well. We follow Jennifer Walters/She-Hul
Michael Emond
Mar 15, 2014 Michael Emond rated it really liked it
As point of reference I also got the Waid Daredevil vol. 2 HC at the same time. Started reading that first and was so disappointed that I put it down and read this instead which was an MUCH more enjoyable reading experience. I love Dan Slott's writing. I thank the comic Universe that Slott is allowed to write comics. Here's the thing, Waid's run on Daredevil started off good - it was FUN. Something comics forget to be. But the last HC was DEPRESSING (and also had a horribly stupid plot twist on ...more
Jo
May 12, 2014 Jo rated it really liked it
I read the first tp of Slott's run on She Hulk a while ago, but since I am enjoying Charles Soule's current run on the character, I thought it would be a good idea to take a look back and also read all the other issues I've missed. I really find it interesting how Slott manages to balance the Jen side with the She-Hulk side of the character. It is interesting to see Walters at her most vulnerable, her instincts to fight against the perceived weakness of when she is "ordinary." There is some ...more
Shannon Appelcline
Aug 03, 2016 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Single Green Female (1-6). A very innovative take on the She-Hulk, with its focus on superheroic law rather than superheroic punching. There's also a lot of great characterization, particularly the difference between Jen and She-Hulk. Finally, Slott does an excellent job of giving a lot of great attention to Marvel continuity. Overall. a winner. [7/10]

Superhuman Law (7-12). The two-parter that heads this volume off, with its big fight against Champion, is a little weak, but after that the volume
Rebecca
Aug 09, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
You know you're in for a treat with a Dan Slott comic book. She-Hulk, also known as Jennifer Walters, has lost her job, been dumped by her underwear model boyfriend for being too shallow, and has been kicked out of the Avengers Mansion. When party-boy himself, Tony Stark, has a problem with your drinking and shindigs, you know you've gone too far.

The first volume sees She-Hulk shrink back down to Jennifer Walters as she takes a job at a new firm. She hates it. She is not comfortable in her own
Andy
Mar 13, 2015 Andy rated it really liked it
I've rarely encountered She-Hulk in my travels through the Marvel universe but after the recent team up I read in Avenging Spider-Man I thought I'd check her out to see if the characterisation was accurate. It wasn't, much to my delight. Even more to my delight was finding out this fan favourite run was written by Dan Slott, my current Spider-Man hero.

These are some great comics, full of humour, smart thinking, interesting angles on the potential legal ramifications of a life with superheroes an
Ma'Belle
Mar 17, 2015 Ma'Belle rated it really liked it
This whole run is turning out to be a fantastic collection of short character-driven stories. We get to see why Jennifer Walters prefers being She-Hulk most of the time, how she is gradually empowered in her human form, and some normal coping mechanisms she turns to in the face of shame and confusion (e.g. promiscuous sex and alcoholism/constant partying, even though she can't actually get drunk as She-Hulk).

There are frequent meta-references and 4th Wall breakings, which I found delightful. The
Michael Alexander Henke
Apr 11, 2015 Michael Alexander Henke rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
Rather surprisingly, I didn't enjoy this quite as much as I had expected. I like She-Hulk as a character, and I like Dan Slott as a writer, but something just didn't click for me. First of all, this run takes place right during the events of Avengers Disassembled, which was 10 years ago now. Boy the Marvel Universe sure has changed a lot in that time, and I think for the better. Back then, they were handing out super powers like candy. You couldn't walk down the street without seeing 7 or 8 ...more
Michael
May 20, 2014 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: avengers
That was a lot of She-Hulk. I've never read She-Hulk before. She was a character that I thought was interesting, but I never had the extra funds to buy. Plus the library never had it in their collection. After reading this collection I can't believe it took me this long to find it! Dan Slott is one of my favorite writers. I enjoy the majority of the comics he writes. She-Hulk is no different. It's great comic about She-Hulk trying to be her regular self Jen Walker and how often she needs to be ...more
Morgan
Jan 21, 2015 Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, fiction, own
Besides Storm, She-Hulk is becoming my other top Marvel lady. I know know why, but there's something about her. This volume is great if you like She-Hulk a lot. It's non-stop fun. Some action here and there, but hardly any "drama" which I wouldn't want with She-Hulk. This reminded my Harvey Birdman (if anyone knows that cartoon you are awesome), except it's about various Marvel heroes and court cases. My favorite case in this had to be the one about ghosts because it was a parody of how heroes ...more
Mark CC
Jun 12, 2016 Mark CC rated it it was ok
This was very up and down. Vacillating between a 2 and a 3. Major marks off for the tonal shifting, particularly as She-Hulk vol 4 (?) #4 goes. Got a little too derailed and dependent on "characterization" from Disassembled, and played up the sexy more than I'd like.

On the plus side, though, when it was funny it was FUNNY. Meta jokes are almost always my favorite and they had continuity nerds using comic books to solve legal questions, and a giant gun called the RetCan. So I was pretty happy the
Drown Hollum
Mar 05, 2014 Drown Hollum rated it really liked it
I adore She-Hulk. She is one of my all time favorite characters, and Dan Slott's run is an iconic a wonderfully snarky part of Shulkie's history. Everything is very self aware and fun, full of life and wordy legal action. Every case is a genius play on some superhero trope, and every adventure is a light hearted romp through the Marvel U. At times the content can feel a bit dated, and none of the artists here really pop with anything truly ground breaking, but Dan Slott's clever writing really ...more
B
Feb 16, 2015 B rated it really liked it
Shelves: westend, borrowed
Super terrific. Highly recommended. Funny and fun.

Once I forgave the author for taking liberties with the law (because comicbooks' depiction of, e.g., medicine and journalism is so accurate, right?) practically everything in here was excellent.

Some of the "twists" are a little obvious.

Also, there was a conscious choice to make Jennifer Walters and She-Hulk's face really round. I mean really round. It's "off-model" from previous iterations and I wonder how long that was thought out.

Daniel Butcher
Feb 18, 2015 Daniel Butcher rated it really liked it
Matt...this volume shows that you might be right about Dan Slott being a good writer.

It started in a way that lead to a prediction that this is going to be horrible!

But within 15 pages it became clear where the story was going and that it was fun, imaginative and smart.

The first volume collected in here is stronger than the second. And there are some things that hold the overall volume down for me. But really very nicely done Mr. Slott.
Holden Attradies
Mar 16, 2015 Holden Attradies rated it really liked it
I was pretty indifferent to Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk before reading this volume, but it has made a fan out of me! I love the dichotomy between her two persona's and how they play off of each other. The genre aware humor was amazing, and it's nice to see that in a female superhero!

A good read for Avengers fans, especially those that love some of the more obscure history. Actually, it goes beyond the Avengers lore into the larger Marvel universe. so a must read for Marvel fans?
David Kealii
Jun 04, 2015 David Kealii rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed how She - hulk was written. Unlike many female characters she was written in a well rounded way. Slott clearly liked this character and had fun writing her. I absolutely loved the tension between She-Hulk as a lawyer, being a super hero, and her identity as Jennifer. This was a great read and reminded me of what makes comic books such fun!
Sarah S
Jul 13, 2014 Sarah S rated it really liked it
In my ongoing attempt to learn about superheroes, this book was great. If this had been my first comic collection? I'd've been lost, but my minimal familiarity was enough for this to be wacky fun. However, (view spoiler)
Morgan
Dec 10, 2014 Morgan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
She Hulk is one of my faves and this collection is amazingly fun. I like how the story managed to be zippy, light, and meta while still diving into what makes Jen tick. A great collection for one of my favorite Marvel characters.
Rosa
Mar 25, 2015 Rosa rated it liked it
I like how much this volume poked fun at itself and watching Jennifer come to terms with herself. Wondering if she's ever going to figure out how Guy feels about her and what's going to happen with Two-Gun. I definitely want to read the next volume.
Jenna
Jun 21, 2014 Jenna rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading She-Hulk, and now I want to read everything she's ever been in ever. This collection was awesome, She-Hulk is such a perfect sassmaster, and I can't wait to get vol. 2 in the mail (just ordered it yesterday!).
Sep 15, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I really liked this collection, though I wasn't always fond of some of the covers or the drawing style for the later issues. I do want more She-Hulk, though. Her character is interesting and I really like the way she tries to balance between the two sides of herself.
April
Jun 06, 2015 April rated it it was amazing
Fun from start to finish. Easily understood without boundless back knowledge of the marvel universe. Definitely one of my new favorite comics. I'm always looking for more good, and especially female centric comics with characters like the funny, unstoppable She-hulk.
cardulelia carduelis
May 11, 2015 cardulelia carduelis rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The art was excellent. A legal drama unfolding in the superhero realm was also great. Ultimately though, I think I've just gotten a bit old for Marvel, it doesn't grip me like it used to.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen: The Complete Collection, Vol. 1
  • The Fearless Defenders, Vol. 1: Doom Maidens
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Volume 2: Squirrel You Know It's True
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 1
  • Howard the Duck, Volume 0: What the Duck?
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 8
  • Amazing X-Men, Volume 1: The Quest for Nightcrawler
  • Essential Savage She-Hulk, Vol. 1
  • Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman Vol. 1
  • Ultimate X-Men: Ultimate Vol. 6
  • X-23, Vol. 1: The Killing Dream
  • Batman Beyond: Batgirl Beyond

She-Hulk by Dan Slott: The Complete Collection (2 books)
  • She-Hulk by Dan Slott: The Complete Collection Volume 2