Start by marking “Partners in Prayer” as Want to Read:
Partners in Prayer

Partners in Prayer

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  13 reviews
"John I believe God has called me―a layman―to disciple, encourage, and pray for pastors. And the reason I came here today is so that I could pray for you."

With those words, respected leader, speaker, and author John Maxwell saw his agenda replaced by God's agenda. The stranger who felt God's calling to pray for this pastor fulfilled a need in Maxwell that he didn't even kn
Published July 10th 1996 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Partners in Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Partners in Prayer

Josh
Even though this is an older book, I decided to pick it up because the church I am currently serving at is starting to look at launching a multi-faceted prayer ministry. Maxwell gives some really great tips for designing and implementing a prayer ministry... though it does seem catered towards a larger church setting. All in all, I appreciated the various insights on creating a prayer ministry... and Bill Bright's chapter on fasting was interesting to read as well.
Daniel
This book did two things for me. 1) It introduced me to John Maxwell. I became an avid reader of his materials after I read this book. 2) The book helped me understand how important prayer is in terms I could understand.

A great introduction to John Maxwell and prayer.
Steven Bullmer
John Maxwell hits the nail on the head once again. Partners in Prayer explains why pastors and church leaders need people partnering with them in prayer and how to go about setting up a prayer partner ministry. Good stuff! Wish I had done this in my previous churches! I believe I would have been a better pastor/preacher/teacher/leader, and the Holy Spirit would have been able to do more than it did during my time there. It's an older book, so you have to ignore or "translate" the inclusive langu ...more
Jenny
Lots of interesting ideas, lots of examples, strongly written, loved it.
Meagan Bennett
I read this book many years ago and felt the pull to read it again, this time with my husband. Such an eye-opening book on the power of prayer, especially in lifting up pastors and growing churches. The statistics listed in the book in regards to what pastors struggle with are jaw-dropping.
Brandy
Many good tips on how to pray boldly and effectively. The book is written in a clear manner and is easy to understand. Very motivating and informative. You will be encouraged to evaluate your prayer life and what you can do to make it stronger. Highly recommend this book to everyone!
elfsi
kesimpulan akhir yang masih tetap melekat sewaktu membaca buku inilah :

"mitra terbaik dalam doa adalah hanya pasangan kita"

walaupun tidak menutup kemungkinan untuk memiliki mitra lainnya.

** ini hanya sekelumit dari sebagian besar yang bisa didapatkan dari buku ini
Keith
Sep 16, 2009 Keith rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Keith by: My Church, Calvary Community
John Maxwell teaches some of the best principles in Leadership that I have heard. This book on prayer is also very good and I recommend it. He lays out some excellent plans to enrich your prayer life and relationship with God and His church.
Marlou
Aug 25, 2007 Marlou rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: be used in prayer devotion

this book encourages us to be prayerful and be accountable to a lot of kinds of people and the euphoria of result upon having a prayer partner who will pray with you. You really have to read this book.
Evan
Great book about praying for your local church. I actually read it with my marriage in mind. Works good for that too.
Jason Grubbs
A good book on prayer itself and how to start or make better a prayer ministry in your church.
Hannah
Definitely challenging me to rethink my out look on prayer.
Carmen
Parteneri in rugaciune
Pozie Manisi
Pozie Manisi marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
William Bass
William Bass marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Mia
Mia is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2015
Shelly Caywood-Treen
Shelly Caywood-Treen marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Rudi
Rudi marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Ethan Tran
Ethan Tran marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Althea
Althea marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
  • Servant Leader
  • Exodus
  • Handbook on the Pentateuch: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
  • The Top Ten Mistakes Leaders Make
  • The Source of My Strength: Relying on the Life-Changing Power of Jesus Christ to Heal Our Wounded Hearts
  • The Purpose Driven Church: Every Church Is Big in God's Eyes
  • As Iron Sharpens Iron: Building Character in a Mentoring Relationship
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Women
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
More about John C. Maxwell...
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership Developing the Leader Within You Winning with People Failing Forward: How to Make the Most of Your Mistakes The 360 Degree Leader: Developing Your Influence from Anywhere in the Organization