Start by marking “Partners in Prayer” as Want to Read:
Partners in Prayer

Partners in Prayer

"John I believe God has called me?a layman?to disciple, encourage, and pray for pastors. And the reason I came here today is so that I could pray for you."

With those words, respected leader, speaker, and author John Maxwell saw his agenda replaced by God's agenda. The stranger who felt God's calling to pray for this pastor fulfilled a need in Maxwell that he didn't even kn
Published July 8th 1996 by Thomas Nelson (first published June 21st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Partners in Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Partners in Prayer

Josh
Jan 17, 2013 Josh rated it really liked it
Even though this is an older book, I decided to pick it up because the church I am currently serving at is starting to look at launching a multi-faceted prayer ministry. Maxwell gives some really great tips for designing and implementing a prayer ministry... though it does seem catered towards a larger church setting. All in all, I appreciated the various insights on creating a prayer ministry... and Bill Bright's chapter on fasting was interesting to read as well.
Daniel
Jan 29, 2013 Daniel rated it it was amazing
This book did two things for me. 1) It introduced me to John Maxwell. I became an avid reader of his materials after I read this book. 2) The book helped me understand how important prayer is in terms I could understand.

A great introduction to John Maxwell and prayer.
Steven Bullmer
Sep 30, 2013 Steven Bullmer rated it really liked it
Shelves: prayer
John Maxwell hits the nail on the head once again. Partners in Prayer explains why pastors and church leaders need people partnering with them in prayer and how to go about setting up a prayer partner ministry. Good stuff! Wish I had done this in my previous churches! I believe I would have been a better pastor/preacher/teacher/leader, and the Holy Spirit would have been able to do more than it did during my time there. It's an older book, so you have to ignore or "translate" the inclusive langu ...more
Steve Campbell
Jul 05, 2016 Steve Campbell rated it really liked it
Shelves: prayer
In this book, Maxwell gives basic, helpful information about prayer. He discusses the potential of prayer, how to pray, what to pray, and finally zeroes in on how to pray specifically for your church and pastor. This is a relatively short book, so it doesn't go into as much detail as some might wish, but it is especially helpful if you are looking to start a prayer ministry to help strengthen your pastor and church.
Meagan
Oct 10, 2013 Meagan rated it it was amazing
I read this book many years ago and felt the pull to read it again, this time with my husband. Such an eye-opening book on the power of prayer, especially in lifting up pastors and growing churches. The statistics listed in the book in regards to what pastors struggle with are jaw-dropping.
Brandy
Sep 03, 2014 Brandy rated it really liked it
Many good tips on how to pray boldly and effectively. The book is written in a clear manner and is easy to understand. Very motivating and informative. You will be encouraged to evaluate your prayer life and what you can do to make it stronger. Highly recommend this book to everyone!
Keith
Sep 12, 2009 Keith rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Keith by: My Church, Calvary Community
John Maxwell teaches some of the best principles in Leadership that I have heard. This book on prayer is also very good and I recommend it. He lays out some excellent plans to enrich your prayer life and relationship with God and His church.
elfsi
Mar 19, 2010 elfsi rated it liked it
kesimpulan akhir yang masih tetap melekat sewaktu membaca buku inilah :

"mitra terbaik dalam doa adalah hanya pasangan kita"

walaupun tidak menutup kemungkinan untuk memiliki mitra lainnya.

** ini hanya sekelumit dari sebagian besar yang bisa didapatkan dari buku ini
Marlou
Aug 25, 2007 Marlou rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: be used in prayer devotion

this book encourages us to be prayerful and be accountable to a lot of kinds of people and the euphoria of result upon having a prayer partner who will pray with you. You really have to read this book.
Evan
Mar 12, 2009 Evan rated it liked it
Shelves: church-growth
Great book about praying for your local church. I actually read it with my marriage in mind. Works good for that too.
Jenny
Jan 27, 2014 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Lots of interesting ideas, lots of examples, strongly written, loved it.
Tina
Dec 26, 2015 Tina rated it it was amazing
I have always respected John Maxwell for his insight into leadership skills. This book has broadened that respect into the spiritual realm. I was very impressed with his walk with the Lord.
Kathryn
Nov 21, 2015 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shelves: given-to-other
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Hannah
Oct 26, 2011 Hannah rated it really liked it
Definitely challenging me to rethink my out look on prayer.
Cynthia Fountain
Sep 08, 2015 Cynthia Fountain rated it it was amazing
A page turner and packed full of good Godly advice!
Carmen
Sep 29, 2010 Carmen rated it it was amazing
Parteneri in rugaciune
Jason Grubbs
Jan 02, 2013 Jason Grubbs rated it really liked it
A good book on prayer itself and how to start or make better a prayer ministry in your church.
Cam
Cam rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2012
CaSandra Marie
CaSandra Marie rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2014
teresa knecht
teresa knecht rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
Po
Po rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Jorge Richard
Jorge Richard rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2010
Em M.
Em M. rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2015
Angela Norombaba
Angela Norombaba rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
La Bonita
La Bonita rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Timothy Johnson
Timothy Johnson rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2016
Jorge
Jorge rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2013
Fran
Fran rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Prayer, the Great Adventure
  • The Mystery of God's Will
  • Major Bible Themes: 52 Vital Doctrines of the Scriptures Simplified and Explained
  • Choosing to Cheat: Who Wins When Family and Work Collide?
  • As Iron Sharpens Iron: Building Character in a Mentoring Relationship
  • The Complete Cheapskate: How to Get Out of Debt, Stay Out, and Break Free from Money Worries Forever
  • Seven Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever
  • We Would See Jesus: Discovering God's Provision for You in Christ
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Women
  • An Unstoppable Force: Daring to Become the Church God Had in Mind
  • The Lost Art of Disciple Making
  • Did the Resurrection Happen . . . Really?
  • Transforming Prayer
  • Summary of Christian Doctrine
  • Servant Leader
  • Leadership Secrets of Jesus
  • Hope for Each Day: Words of Wisdom and Faith
  • Exodus
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
More about John C. Maxwell...