Start by marking “25 Ways to Win with People (International Edition): How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks” as Want to Read:

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  902 ratings  ·  63 reviews
You've read John Maxwell's best-selling "Winning with People, " and now you're ready for some specific action steps to build on the knowledge you gained. "25 Ways to Win With People" has just what you need! This complementary companion to the full-sized book is ideal for a quick refresher course on interpersonal relationships.

A small sampling of the twenty-five specific ac
Published June 7th 2005 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published June 1st 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about 25 Ways to Win with People (International Edition)

Ryan Ladage
Like the stars show, it was just ok. There were some quality suggestions and strategies in there about being an effective leader, but like the title says, it's a way to "win with people." Many of the strategies felt like being a people pleaser and putting your own personal preferences and ideals be the wayside for the sake of making others feel good. Some things that I will take out of it and use, but taken as a whole it was too much.
great team..

subhanallah, if they're moslems, i'm sure it they would get more bless from Allah, that they can help people be better friends, better parents, better teachers, better students, or even becoming better president..
I will put these concepts to use in the workplace. Great way to enhance leadership characteristics and quality without attending a seminar or conference!
The book listed 25 tactics to teach people how to better connect and communicate with others, starting from embracing one's own personal value to giving credits to other people. Some of the methods are overlapped. For example, both "Add value to people" and "Give others a reputation to uphold" are basically saying the same thing: treat people as if they have achieved their potentials.

The strategies are intuitive and easy to comprehend but I wonder how a person is able to memorize and practice t
Pablo Rognone
A typical John Maxwell book, with small bits and quite practical stories and examples. It's not a bad book, actually there I liked many of the ideas presented.
I think Maxwell stays to much on the surface without digging into deeper details.
Atif Choudhury
"Recognize when you help others win, you also win" - John C Maxwell

I totally agree.

I am a Forex trader and I also wrote a book on Forex trading. I wrote that book to teach others, how to trade Forex profitably. It wasn't for money or fame.
A relatively short book, but extremely similar to "How to Win Friends and Influence People." I'd recommend to read this in the realm of wanting to develop people skills.
Jonathan Brooker
A relatively short work, this book takes the principles and leaves them as that without too much dressing. Maxwell, a person known for his great skills with people, gives 25 of the top things you can do to win with people to make them feel significant and like they matter. As a pastor I find this to be one of the most important parts of my job. However, I don't know many jobs at all out there were it wouldn't help or be incredibly important to improve at making people feel like a million bucks. ...more
Aleesha Nash
It's straight forward like all Maxwell books! It works if you do it! :) Great reminder of how to be a "nice" person and put others first.
I regard this self-help book as a very useful one because it contains pieces of advice for people who want to improve their relationships with others. The relevant examples and interesting stories the author tells to support his theories prove the truth in his words. I must admit that, so far, the book has been helpful to me. It has made me revise my attitude towards others and constantly try to improve myself in various ways, which is exactly what I expected from it. All in all, I declare mysel ...more
Great hands on tools for leaders! I will definitely be listening to this many times to keep it fresh!
Cristian Marrero
Awesome book. 25 great ideas and simply explained to maintain the readers attention.
Don't let the topic fool you -- this book is not winning in the competitive sense, but in truly in the WITH sense. Maxwell and his co-author present twenty-five skills in twenty-five different lessons, each of which will increase your leadership and interpersonal skills. Nothing is said about manipulating others to reach your own goals; instead, the focus is on making others feel important and helping them reach THEIR goals. I appreciated the examples and takeaways to help me figure out how to a ...more
Meshaal Alshehri
The BEST book of dealing with people ever
I loved it , I would like to rate it as 7 stars leadership book
Now we just need to apply the principles.
Mandi Friedman
This book was AMAZING! If you are a Christian or have any reason for wanting to add value to other people, this book is a timeless tool. It is short enough that you can move through the book briskly, but gives enough information to inspire, explain, and motivate you to put it into practice.
maxwell shares 25 people skills, such as the "10 second rule": within 10 seconds of interacting with someone, say something positive to them such as a compliment, thank you, or word of praise. these are excellent skills to practice and i found his advice very useful. the format made this a quick and easy to understand read, but putting these timeless principles into practise may take much longer. if you want to improve your people skills, this is the book for you!
Bill Warden
This was a pretty good book. Interesting takes on how to perform CRM. Not too bad, but nothing that I would rush out and read a 2nd time quickly.
Anna Claire
This book came home with my husband from an Australian real estate conference. But I love this little bible so much He has'nt had a chance to read it yet and it is already dog eared. My favorite chapter title is " If Bob has a problem with everyone, then usually the problem is with Bob." Does anyone know a Bob? This gem is suitable for trainers, people with relatives, employees, employers, partners and humans of either sex and of course Bob.
I can't expect less from Mr.John Maxwell to put it simple am gonna use just two words: MIND BLOWING.
Great book. Something really everyone should read. I have to confess this is the third time I picked it up. Twice before I got stuck early at one of the ways I really suck at, and thought I would stop there til I got better at it. This time I decided to read through it anyways. I could see some many strenths and weaknesses in myself and others. Great resource for interpersonal relationship.
Tony Canas
Picked this one up because it's by John C. Maxwell who my company is recommending as a good read for leadership stuff. This short 200 page book wasn't up my alley. For the most part it's very logical stuff about putting other people ahead of you and seems mostly filed with hot air and motivational examples. I'm also reading "The 21 Laws of Leadership" and I hope that one is better.
Chris Robertson
Another EXCELLENT book by John Maxwell! What great reads on relationships, attitudes, equipping and leadership his books are, all from a good Christian, Biblical perspective!
Normally I would not have picked up a book with this title, but I received it as a gift from a friend whose judgment I value greatly. As it turned out, I found this book to be very inspiring, written from a speaker who truly seems to put others first in his life. The irony is that by doing so, he has filled his life with rich, fulfilling relationships.
After reading this book I found myself at the end of that "pyramid", having me realize that after all these years I wasn't able to win with others, or at least leave a mark in their lives, but what is the point of regret? I have read the book, so might as well apply it, TAKE ACTION! This just proves that reading can create change. A MUST READ!
«Lo más importante en la comunicación es escuchar lo que no se dice»

"No oculte su secreto a su amigo o perderlo será su merecido."

"Trate a un hombre como aparenta ser y lo empeorará. Pero trátelo como si ya fuera lo que potencialmente pudiera llegar a ser, y hará que sea lo que debe ser."
Dan Clapper

John Maxwell's writing style connects with me! I meet new people every day, and this book has helped me develop into an expert connector! Life is all about relationships- so I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to expand the quality and quantity of their social network!
I was expecting just a little bit more from the book. It provides good tips on "How to win with people." However, most of the book does not derive from the thoughts of John Maxwell. Rather, it is more about someone who knows John well telling you how he "wins with people."
Ida Silvia
Great book..since life is all about relationship with others, so these book will help you to find out the ways to win with people around you. By winning people around you, it will take a great pleasing in your life. Let's keep winning with others around us!
Art Nomad
This well written book provides specific examples of how to genuinely be with people in a positive frame of mind. These examples are practical, common sense and easy to apply. I gave a copy of this to at least a dozen friends this past year.
  • Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  • Create Your Own Future: How to Master the 12 Critical Factors of Unlimited Success
  • The On-Time, On-Target Manager: How a "Last-Minute Manager" Conquered Procrastination
  • The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past
  • Simpleology: The Simple Science of Getting What You Want
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Field Guide for Leaders, Managers, and Facilitators
  • You Already Know How to Be Great: A Simple Way to Remove Interference and Unlock Your Greatest Potential
  • Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
  • What the Customer Wants You to Know: How Everybody Needs to Think Differently About Sales
  • Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People
  • Integrity: The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality
  • The Mentor Leader: Secrets to Building People and Teams That Win Consistently
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more
More about John C. Maxwell...

“You cannot enjoy others until you
enjoy yourself because you cannot give to others what you do not have.”