Start by marking “Gridrunner (A Star*Drive(r) Novel)” as Want to Read:
Gridrunner (A Star*Drive(r) Novel)

Gridrunner (A Star*Drive (Star Drive)

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Based on the exciting science fiction roleplaying game A black market courier journeys to the Verge where she must enter the virtual world of the mysterious Grid to hand-deliver a pair of data crystals to a contact known only as The Fool.

When the exchange goes sour, she is forced into an unwilling alliance with an undercover agent in a desperate conflict between a crime sy
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published September 1st 2000 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Gridrunner (A Star*Drive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gridrunner (A Star*Drive

Andy
Dec 12, 2007 Andy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sci-Fi book fans
Shelves: sci-fi
The character development is a bit wierd so far. The flashbacks are kind of annoying, but that is only because I find the story so interesting. This girl seems like a psychopath, she is almost crazy about her brother.

It wont take me long to finish though since it's only 300 pages and the words are a bit larger.

edit: couldn't finish this one. It sort of lost me half way through and I am just not interested in finishing it. The first half was excellent but the second half didn't live up to my expe
Jeremy
Gridrunner is a gritty and fairly awesome cyberpunk novel that I've read several times. It was one of the first books I read simply for the joy of it, and I've had a soft spot for it ever since. Though it won't be breaking any best-seller records, it's got quality writing and some savvy (if somewhat dated) sci-fi technology that reminds me of the work from Michael Crichton.

The characters and plot are interesting if a tad cliche, but anyone who enjoys the gritty, cyberpunk setting should give thi
Jimmy Pedersen
Boy meets girl, girl meets boy, all in cyberspace and PUFF love story is going on....that is nearly the best I can say about this book. It was too "flat" and unbelieving for my taste, although the plot is fairly standard okay....definitely not better than that.
Jacob Possin
Jacob Possin marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Army of Penguins
Army of Penguins marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
N.
N. added it
Jan 26, 2013
Gerry
Gerry marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2012
Ben
Ben added it
Dec 12, 2011
Radan
Radan added it
Apr 10, 2011
Thomas M. Reid grew up in Dallas, Texas as an enthusiastic Dungeons & Dragons player. He performed at Switzerland's Montreux Jazz Festival with his high school jazz band. After obtaining a degree in history at the University of Texas in 1989, he moved to Wisconsin and began working for TSR, Inc., a Dungeons & Dragons publisher, then moved on to be an editor for Dragon, a Dungeons & Dra ...more
More about Thomas M. Reid...
Insurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #2) The Gossamer Plain (Forgotten Realms: The Empyrean Odyssey, #1) The Crystal Mountain (Forgotten Realms: The Empyrean Odyssey, #3) The Fractured Sky (Forgotten Realms: The Empyrean Odyssey, #2) The Sapphire Crescent (Forgotten Realms: The Scions of Arrabar, #1)