Start by marking “Gridrunner (A Star*Drive(r) Novel)” as Want to Read:
Gridrunner (A Star*Drive(r) Novel)

Gridrunner (A Star*Drive (Star Drive)

Based on the exciting science fiction roleplaying game A black market courier journeys to the Verge where she must enter the virtual world of the mysterious Grid to hand-deliver a pair of data crystals to a contact known only as The Fool.

When the exchange goes sour, she is forced into an unwilling alliance with an undercover agent in a desperate conflict between a crime sy
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published September 1st 2000 by Wizards of the Coast

To ask other readers questions about Gridrunner (A Star*Drive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gridrunner (A Star*Drive

May 15, 2013 Jeremy rated it really liked it
Shelves: cyberpunk
Gridrunner is a gritty and fairly awesome cyberpunk novel that I've read several times. It was one of the first books I read simply for the joy of it, and I've had a soft spot for it ever since. Though it won't be breaking any best-seller records, it's got quality writing and some savvy (if somewhat dated) sci-fi technology that reminds me of the work from Michael Crichton.

The characters and plot are interesting if a tad cliche, but anyone who enjoys the gritty, cyberpunk setting should give thi
Dec 12, 2007 Andy rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Sci-Fi book fans
Shelves: sci-fi
The character development is a bit wierd so far. The flashbacks are kind of annoying, but that is only because I find the story so interesting. This girl seems like a psychopath, she is almost crazy about her brother.

It wont take me long to finish though since it's only 300 pages and the words are a bit larger.

edit: couldn't finish this one. It sort of lost me half way through and I am just not interested in finishing it. The first half was excellent but the second half didn't live up to my expe
Jimmy Pedersen
Oct 21, 2013 Jimmy Pedersen rated it it was ok
Boy meets girl, girl meets boy, all in cyberspace and PUFF love story is going on....that is nearly the best I can say about this book. It was too "flat" and unbelieving for my taste, although the plot is fairly standard okay....definitely not better than that.
Miroslav Gavrilov
Miroslav Gavrilov rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2010
Andreas rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2009
Dennis G
Dennis G rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Barnabas rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2008
Eric rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2011
Claus Paludan
Claus Paludan rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2013
Foxtower rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2012
Michael rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2007
Errol rated it liked it
May 10, 2015
Adam rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Liam Kerrington
Liam Kerrington rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2012
mauvemagnolia rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2011
Nita rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2014
Benjamin Peters
Benjamin Peters rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
William Howe
William Howe rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Mike Leonardi
Mike Leonardi rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Jesse rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2009
Randy Hurlburt
Randy Hurlburt rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Holly rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Cristina rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Spiros Denaxas
Spiros Denaxas rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2014
David rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2012
Timothy rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2012
Ron Sturm
Ron Sturm rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Thomas M. Reid grew up in Dallas, Texas as an enthusiastic Dungeons & Dragons player. He performed at Switzerland's Montreux Jazz Festival with his high school jazz band. After obtaining a degree in history at the University of Texas in 1989, he moved to Wisconsin and began working for TSR, Inc., a Dungeons & Dragons publisher, then moved on to be an editor for Dragon, a Dungeons & Dra ...more
More about Thomas M. Reid...

Star Drive (5 books)
  • Starfall (Star Drive series)
  • On the Verge (Star Drive, #2)
  • Two of Minds (Star Drive, #6)
  • Zero Point (Star Drive, #5)