Start by marking “Biscuit Goes to School Book and CD” as Want to Read:
Biscuit Goes to School Book and CD

Biscuit Goes to School Book and CD (World of Biscuit Beginning Reader)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  2,629 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Read along with your favorite I Can Read Book characters!

I Can Read Books are the premier line of beginning readers encouraging children to learn-and love-to read. Featuring award-winning authors and illustrators, I Can Read Books offer a full spectrum of entertaining stories for every stage of a child's reading development.

Now the beloved characters and adventures from th
Audio CD, 32 pages
Published May 24th 2005 by HarperFestival (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Biscuit Goes to School Book and CD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biscuit Goes to School Book and CD

Kaley Robinson
This book was a fun book to read! The book is so cute and Biscuit gets to have so many adventures. In this book, Biscuit is going to his first day of school! This would definitely be a book students could relate to!

Purpose for the classroom:
Read aloud:This book could first be read to the class on the first day of school, but might be better suited for a reading group. Students could relate to this book early in the year if any of them were nervous about school, or because it's something every st
Haley Hardwick
Personal Reaction: I really enjoyed this book for a beginning to read story. I thought the layout was very easy for young readers to read with simple sentences and words that they could read on their own. I thought it had good sight words integrated into the story, and it was relatable for young students.

Purpose in the Classroom: This book would be a great book for beginning readers in Pre-k and kindergarten.
Biscuit Goes to School would be a good book for a read aloud to young students. It wou
Cheryl
Very cute little story about a puppy that wants to go to school and her young mistress. Especially liked that it included a male teacher instead of the typical female teacher.
Jrowe
Capucilli, A.(2002). Biscuit Goes to School. New York: Harper Collins

I Can Read Book
Starred Review

Noted as one of the better "Biscuit" books, this story is about a beloved character wishing to be with his owner and go to school. This book contains short sentences and repetition which allows the new reader to anticipate and recognize frequently used words throughtout the text. Reading this book over and over builds the confidence of the new reader. Illustrations are bold and lack complexity allow
Bailey Scales
I have always loved the Biscuit books. They are simple books with cute illustrations and a cute dog. These are books are perfect for emergent readers. Easy words to sound out, repetitive phrases, little text. I would recommend my students to read this to learn sight words and practice their reading sills. I would also read aloud to demonstrate sentence structure and fluency.
Gina Diloreto
Capucilli, A. "Biscuit goes to school". (2002). New York: Harper Collins.

This is an easy read, appropriate for those beginning readers. It's about a dog named Biscuit, who follows his owner to school. Biscuit 'speaks' throughout the book by saying 'Woof'. Biscuit causes a little trouble, but in the end, even the teacher is happy he's there.
Mariah Olson
The Biscuit series of books are great easy-to-read books for younger readers like preschool and kindergarten aged children because they use the same stem of words on each page so children begin to recognize common words while also learning new ones. This book in particular is about Biscuit going to school so children can learn to spell the simple, more common words like 'goes' and 'school' and the right way to use the form of 'to' in a sentence. There are also other books in this series like Bis ...more
Rosa Cline
This is one of the better (in my opinion) Biscuit book. In true Biscuit form the illustrations and simple storylines make the books sweet. In this one the little girl gets on the bus to go to school and tells Biscuit he can't go to school. But he leaves home and finds his way to school...silly puppy! Woof! :)
Danaschaeffer
This is an awesome beginning readers book! Its about Biscuit (the dog) going to school, and along the way he questions his surroundings, but at the end learns that school is a fun place. This book is an excellent book for children learning to read. Throughout the story each page has the same words; a lot of repetition is used. This is perfect for children who are learning to read because they quickly begin to recognize words, what letters they consist of and how to pronounce them correctly. This ...more
Constance
Great for beginning readers, simple words, cute story, and the repetition really helps with memory (I.e sight words) . Just didn't know what to say when my six year old asked why they named the puppy Biscuit.
My 1st grader is reading these books right now and loves them. Cute, easy stories. Her three-year-old sister loves to listen along, too!
Frances
Great book for early readers. My 5 year old kindergartener loves the whole series!
Ricci
Storytime 5-21-15; Perfect for call-and-response, and use of a doggie puppet.
♥ Sarah ♥
Dec 11, 2014 ♥ Sarah ♥ marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, childrens

Age:
Lesson:
Purchased: $1.72 on eBay
Tilley
Great book. Super simple for my 5yo son who is learning how to read to get through.
Pauline
Funny books...My daughter likes biscuit....
Alyssa Honeycutt
In this book the child goes on mini adventure with a dog as he tries to stay at school with his owner who is unnamed. The story doesn't focus on the girl at all it goes around the dog, but the little girl narrates it. This story is in no way educational its just a fun cute little story about a girl and her dog. The book has very detailed drawings that appeal to children and adults. It is not a very long story it has a few sentences on each page and mainly consists of the pictures itself to expla ...more
Sharon
"Is Biscuit going to the pond?" Is Biscuit going to the park?" "Biscuit likes school and everyone at school likes Biscuit! WOOF!"

Essentially, this book is about a dog name Biscuit who gets lost and repetitive questions about his whereabouts are asked by his owner. Throughout the book, Biscuit is constantly barking "WOOF WOOF!!!" It is a cute story and great for children in order to reinforce basic language, word repetition, whimiscal illustration and ideal for sharing with an emergent reader!
Kaethe
Biscuit is not supposed to go to school.

Library copy.
Alicia Scully
Biscuit gets very upset when his human goes to school without him, so he sneaks in to see her. He is very excited to see her school activities, but is a school really a good place for Biscuit?

This book was cute and readers will enjoy seeing Biscuit, who is in several other books for this age group. However, I honestly had issues with the dog being able to get into the school that easily and then there being no consequences, but I doubt that this will bother young readers.
James Jones
The girl said "Dogs don't go to school" and to stay at home. The bus left without Biscuit and so he followed the bus to school. The door was left open to the school so he went through it and up the stairs and with two steps. He went in line for snack and the girl said "What are you doing here?". She said "Here comes the teacher" and ran with biscuit to get him hid from the teacher. He met all the children and one boy made a bed for him. Everyone liked Biscuit.
Meg McGregor
Biscuit is one of the literary world's cutest puppies!

In this adventure he goes to his owner's school and simply loves learning about -- well, everything!

And of course, being Biscuit, he always has time to make new friends of the teacher and all of the students!

I have been reading this series of books to more than 15 different little ones in my care and I still enjoy reading them every time.
Heather
This is cute book about Biscuit going to school and at first he is unsure about it but then he realizes that going to school is fun because you get to learn. This is a beginners book for children learning to read. This book is a very simple book with only a couple of word on each page. This book will make children love reading and learn how to read.
Alison Steffel
This is about a dog named biscuit who is uncertain about going to school at first, but then realizes that he gets to learn and is excited for school. This is a simple book with only a couple words on each page, so it would be great for beginning readers. It will get kids excited about getting to go to school themselves and learning to read.
Maddie Smith
This book is great for reluctant readers and slow readers. This book does a nice job of breaking it down and also having the illustrations as a guideline for the reader. This specific book is about Biscuit's first experience at school. It would be perfect for young preschoolers and kindergartners experiencing school for the first time.
Mandy Sue
Aug 19, 2008 Mandy Sue rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Beginner Readers
Read this to the boys and they weren't that interested but since Mikey starts Kindergarten this year I thought it would be a good introduction to reading for him. The words seem easy enough for sounding out and the constant "Woof" on each page could help with memory and confidence. I will update at the end of the school year.
Tina
Essentially, this book is about a dog name Biscuit who gets lost in repetitive questions. Throughout the book, Biscuit is constantly barking "WOOF WOOF!!!" It is a cute story and great for children in order to reinforce basic language, word repetition, illustrations and ideal for sharing with an emergent reader!
Erica Mayberry
I think this is the perfect book for teaching responsibility rules. Biscuit wants to follow his leader and want to go to school. As a good leader,they instructed him he could not go to school but would instead have to wait at home.
Amanda
This was a really boring book, but it is intended to be a first reader type book, so there isn't much to it. I prefered Bookworm in this category and there are several others he's "tried" to read, but this one probably won't be one he wants to. Just not that entertaining.
  • Pinkalicious: Pinkie Promise
  • Froggy Goes to School
  • Mittens
  • Clifford's Family
  • Arthur Babysits (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • Little Critter: Snowball Soup
  • Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes
  • Buzz Said the Bee (Hello Reader, Level 1) (Hello Reader)
  • Thomas Goes Fishing (Thomas & Friends)
  • Itchy, Itchy Chicken Pox
  • I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie)
  • More Spaghetti, I Say! (Hello Reader, Level 2)
  • Go Away, Dog
  • Baa-Choo!
  • Curious George Makes Pancakes
  • The Best Mouse Cookie
  • The Berenstain Bears Down on the Farm
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a da ...more
More about Alyssa Satin Capucilli...

World of Biscuit Beginning Reader (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Biscuit
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • Biscuit and the Baby
  • Biscuit Visits the Big City
  • Biscuit's Day at the Farm
Biscuit Biscuit Finds a Friend Bathtime for Biscuit Biscuit and the Baby Biscuit Wants to Play