Start by marking “Renegades” as Want to Read:
Renegades

Renegades (Sean Doyle #1)

Immortality - the ultimate secret. David and Laura Callahan, like others before them throughout the ages, will stop at nothing in their perverted quest for it. But for Callahan, a multi-millionaire gun-runner, eternal life has never looked less likely: he is being hunted by two British counter-terrorists. And nobody knows who hired the killers - or why...

In a race against
Published December 5th 1991 by Time Warner Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Renegades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renegades

Dark-Draco
Aug 29, 2014 Dark-Draco rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-reading
I've been in the 'mood' for horror lately, and after reading some excellent James Herbert, I noticed this on my shelf and thought I'd carry on the theme. This book seemed like a good bet, as the blurb on the back made it sound as if it was just my cup of tea...the trouble was, the characters and events described in the blurb just never seemed to happen!

To be fair, a lot did happen in the first section...there's kids exploring an abandoned church, a press photographer caught up in a savage gun ba
David Roberts
Jul 06, 2013 David Roberts rated it it was amazing
I am reviewing the novel Renegades by Shaun Hutson which is an excellent horror novel that I bought from a car boot sale. As with all Hutson novels this is quite gruesome but is brilliantly written. I did read before that apparently Shaun read a novel that was poorly written and thought I can do a better novel than that and became an author. Also rather interestingly he refuses to work weekends. The plot is an arms dealer for the IRA in Northern Ireland has travelled to France in search of ...more
Dan
Nov 01, 2015 Dan rated it really liked it
Didn't think i'd like this as i thought it was going to be a departure in style for Hutson (as this story is about terrorism). I was very wrong.
Doyle is a great character. A foul mouthed lovable killer. In his line of work, he tells 90% of his colleagues to fuck off. I liked miserable Channing and unattractive Catherine and the creepy French church. The descriptions of the evil glass window create dread that lingers throughout the book. And david & Laura callahan are interesting people. In o
Olethros
Jan 09, 2016 Olethros rated it liked it
-Producto de los gustos, de algunos, en aquel tiempo.-

Género. Narrativa Fantástica.

Lo que nos cuenta. El hallazgo de una vidriera inquietante relacionada con Gilles de Rais, las esperanzas sobrenaturales de un traficante de armas y su pareja, las actitudes del antiterrorismo británico contra las facciones más salvajes del IRA y otros asuntos, se terminan entremezclando o sí o sí, porque lo decidió el autor.

¿Quiere saber más de este libro, sin spoilers? Visite:

Gavin Ough
Aug 14, 2014 Gavin Ough rated it it was amazing
I've probably read this book about five times, I could finish the last page and turn straight back to page one.

What I love and respect about Hutson is the way he's not bothered about a happy ending. Just as in life people die in horrible ways and the other characters just have to get on with things as best as they can.
Andrea
Sep 25, 2016 Andrea rated it liked it
Pure old school gritty genre literature. A horror tinted action stories that mixes blood soaked shootouts, cara chases and a constantly moving plot to touches of black humor, sex and gore. In summation a blast and well written too
Marijo Álvarez  (Relatos de una lectora)
No me gusto. Tal vez paso que me lo recomendaron tanto que esperaba que fuera un libro que no me dejara dormir o que por lo menos me quitara un sustillo, sin embargo no fue así. Me parece bastante aburrido, y el final es muy muy muy ..... No me gusto nada.
Em Norton
Aug 22, 2012 Em Norton rated it really liked it
Shelves: classic-horror
A great book with an original storyline, although some of the imagery and content is a little on the grim side. Even if you don't enjoy the read the story will stay with you for a very long time!
Kay Robinson
Apr 11, 2013 Kay Robinson rated it really liked it
Another from Shaun Hutson, in a similar vein to the last I read. I must assume that this is Hutson's genre and others will be similar, a good read which I really enjoyed.
Mike B
Mike B rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Jack Pyke
Jack Pyke rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Lez
Lez rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Gates
Gates rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
May 11, 2009
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Fremder
Fremder rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2011
Ginger Nuts
Ginger Nuts rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2009
Alan
Alan rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2013
Chris Elwood
Chris Elwood rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2011
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Fiona
Fiona rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2011
Kj
Kj rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2014
Joe Freeman
Joe Freeman rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Gary Dowden
Gary Dowden rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Liese
Liese rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2012
The Angry Librarian
The Angry Librarian rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Louise Wilson
Louise Wilson rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
  • Trolley No. 1852
  • 65 Proof
  • Ghost Stories
  • Timecaster
British horror novelist, including horror and urban thriller novels.

His novella "Slugs" was made into a movie, although Hutson didn`t like the movie. He also appeared in two horror movies himself.

Hutson is a Liverpool F.C. fan.

More about Shaun Hutson...

Sean Doyle (4 books)