Game On

Game On (Last Bachelor Standing #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Welcome to Last Bachelor Standing!

How long can three sexy single men hold out?

First up? Mr. No Commitment…Detective Adam Shawnigan. As you can see, ladies, he has the protective cop hero thing happening—plus he's all gorgeous height, piercing dark eyes, sensuous mouth and lean hot body. But here comes sweet temptation….

Performance coach Serena Long is helping Adam prepa...more
Published January 21st 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Game On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game On

Andrea
***I recieved an ARC from Harlequin via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***
Game on by Nancy Warren is a great start to the Last Bachelor Standing series. A hot sexy romance filled with suspense and well hockey.
Detective Adam Shawnigan has a great life. Two awesome friends that he's known since childhood and a wonderful mom and dad. All he wants is to not choke on his game during the hockey championship.
Along comes Serena Long, a performance coach determined to help Adam realize his g...more
NixLapi
I hate to say that I really didn't enjoy one of Nancy Warren's Blaze novels... I was expecting more hockey, more blaze and a lot less intrigue. The story itself was fine, but it really really focused in on Serena's stalker - not a typical Blaze at all - and I found myself pushing through just to be done with it (for the record, I don't read HQN's Intrigue line at all).
Judy
Game On by Nancy Warren
Last Bachelor Standing Series Book 1
Detective Adam Shawnigan has a pretty good life. Two lifetime friends who would do anything for him, a June Cleaver type mom and a great dad, what more could he want? His mom would say a wife, but he just made a bet with his friends to see which one of them could hold out as a bachelor the longest. What he could use was to win the hockey championship. And Max thinks a friend of his is just what Adam needs.

Serena Long has come a long way...more
Judy
Game On by Nancy Warren
Last Bachelor Standing Series Book 1

Serena Long has come a long way...more
Dannielle
Serena and Adam were great together. He didn't want to work with her to begin with and she didn't put up with his attitude. Both of them had independent streaks, but they were willing to listen to one another. I was actually surprised at how quickly Adam agreed to try Serena's methods. And I was surprised at what actually turned out to be the key to his problems. I also was surprised at how willing was to be in a relationship and fall in love with Serena since he had the ongoing bet with Dylan a...more
Fiza Halliwell
Adam needed a performance coach, oh no he didn't see it that way himself. Lucky for him he had a great friend who only wanted the best for him and talked him into it. But the reluctance he'd shown quickly vanished when he saw his coach, Serena.

Though Serena gladly helped Adam, she had a big problem: she'd gained a stalker. Whose main intent seemed to be to scare the hell out of her. At first she'd decided not to do anything with the threats as she thought they would pass. But as her stalker pro...more
Hsiau Wei
Detective Adam is having a performance crisis in his life. His performance in hockey tournament have dropped and he doesn’t know the reason. His best friend thinks that he needs help thus, Serena Long’s services as a performance coach was engaged to help him. He resisted her help and it doesn’t help that he is attracted to her from the moment they met. To complicate things even more, Serena discovers that she has been stalked and that the psycho seems to know her move. Adam took it in his strive...more
Janet
This is a great first book in the Last Bachelor Standing series. Nancy Warren has a great premise and I look forward to reading the rest. This book had plenty of romance and passion but it also had a hint of suspense and intrigue. The novel was well plotted and evenly paced. The characters are extremely likeable. I might have liked a little more hockey in the story, but that's a personal note.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.
Angela
Jan 22, 2014 Angela rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
3.5 Stars

I picked this book for two reasons the hockey and cops. Two of my favorite things in my romance books. I liked Adam, he was the right amount of alpha and protective male. Serena got on my nerves a bit. I know it would be hard to give up control of your life, but when doing so will save your life....shut up and listen to the experts. The relationship between the two was a believable one and was nice to see the build up. The relationship between Adam, Dylan and Max was one I'd like to rea...more
Bobbi
i really enjoyed the first chapter and felt that it was an adorable introduction to the series. In general, I liked the book but it won't go down as one of my favourite books ever. The hero was loveable, the heroine not as much but still likeable. It was a good enough book that I'll read the rest of the series. I'm excited for Dylan's story, I'm already half in love with him.
Roz ~ My Written Romance
I just wasn't connecting with this story. I'm not sure what it was, as I like Nancy Warren, but there was just something that kept me from being able to get through this one.
Kobie
Aug 22, 2014 Kobie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
DNF at end of chapter 4. I don't want to read about a stalker.
Wendy W
I really think this book should get a 3.5 stars. Really better than a 3. Looks like the beginning of a series. I cant wait for the other 2 books.
Harlequin Books
"Genuinely suspenseful, this tale delivers all the way to the end." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Last Bachelor Standing
Whtyac
Easy quick read. Stanley as the villain was too obvious so nice surprise.
Ishita
Ishita marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Alissa
Alissa marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Deb
Deb added it
Aug 23, 2014
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Heba
Heba added it
Jul 30, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri...more
More about Nancy Warren...
Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2) Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1) Bad Boys With Expensive Toys Bad Boys Down Under Power Play