Start by marking “Game On (Last Bachelor Standing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Game On (Last Bachelor Standing, #1)

Game On (Last Bachelor Standing #1)

Welcome to Last Bachelor Standing!

How long can three sexy single men hold out?

First up? Mr. No Commitment…Detective Adam Shawnigan. As you can see, ladies, he has the protective cop hero thing happening—plus he's all gorgeous height, piercing dark eyes, sensuous mouth and lean hot body. But here comes sweet temptation….

Performance coach Serena Long is helping Adam prepa
Published January 21st 2014 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Game On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game On

Ann  Lorz
Oct 06, 2016 Ann Lorz rated it really liked it
It's been a while since I've read Warren but as I read Game On I remembered why I enjoy her so much. Her books are so fun and sexy. I always like the characters and enjoy the writing. I knew right away when Adam, Dylan & Max made their bet to never marry the fun was going to begin. I was right.

I think you'll love both Adam and Serena. He might not be happy to have to work with her but she's good for him in many ways. She helps him and in turn he helps her. Of course she helps him as perform
NixLapi
Feb 03, 2014 NixLapi added it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I hate to say that I really didn't enjoy one of Nancy Warren's Blaze novels... I was expecting more hockey, more blaze and a lot less intrigue. The story itself was fine, but it really really focused in on Serena's stalker - not a typical Blaze at all - and I found myself pushing through just to be done with it (for the record, I don't read HQN's Intrigue line at all).
Aurian Booklover
Oct 27, 2015 Aurian Booklover rated it really liked it
Dylan, Max and Adam have been best of friends since forever. A cop, a fireman and an internet mogul. And now they have made a bet, never to marry. Adam’s mother is very disappointed as she hears that, she wants her son to be happy, and she wants grandchildren1

Adam is a police detective, following in his father’s footsteps, even though he never got promoted beyond a beat cop. He and his friends play an awesome game of ice hockey, but every time they hit the play-offs, Adam is off his game. And Ma
Andrea Garcia
Feb 07, 2014 Andrea Garcia rated it liked it
***I recieved an ARC from Harlequin via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***
Game on by Nancy Warren is a great start to the Last Bachelor Standing series. A hot sexy romance filled with suspense and well hockey.
Detective Adam Shawnigan has a great life. Two awesome friends that he's known since childhood and a wonderful mom and dad. All he wants is to not choke on his game during the hockey championship.
Along comes Serena Long, a performance coach determined to help Adam realize his g
Judy
Jan 30, 2014 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Game On by Nancy Warren
Last Bachelor Standing Series Book 1
Detective Adam Shawnigan has a pretty good life. Two lifetime friends who would do anything for him, a June Cleaver type mom and a great dad, what more could he want? His mom would say a wife, but he just made a bet with his friends to see which one of them could hold out as a bachelor the longest. What he could use was to win the hockey championship. And Max thinks a friend of his is just what Adam needs.

Serena Long has come a long way

Serena Long has come a long way
Fiza
Jan 20, 2014 Fiza rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin, romance
Adam needed a performance coach, oh no he didn't see it that way himself. Lucky for him he had a great friend who only wanted the best for him and talked him into it. But the reluctance he'd shown quickly vanished when he saw his coach, Serena.

Though Serena gladly helped Adam, she had a big problem: she'd gained a stalker. Whose main intent seemed to be to scare the hell out of her. At first she'd decided not to do anything with the threats as she thought they would pass. But as her stalker pro
Hsiau Wei
Mar 23, 2014 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
Detective Adam is having a performance crisis in his life. His performance in hockey tournament have dropped and he doesn’t know the reason. His best friend thinks that he needs help thus, Serena Long’s services as a performance coach was engaged to help him. He resisted her help and it doesn’t help that he is attracted to her from the moment they met. To complicate things even more, Serena discovers that she has been stalked and that the psycho seems to know her move. Adam took it in his strive ...more
Dannielle
Feb 23, 2014 Dannielle rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, net-galley, 2014
Serena and Adam were great together. He didn't want to work with her to begin with and she didn't put up with his attitude. Both of them had independent streaks, but they were willing to listen to one another. I was actually surprised at how quickly Adam agreed to try Serena's methods. And I was surprised at what actually turned out to be the key to his problems. I also was surprised at how willing was to be in a relationship and fall in love with Serena since he had the ongoing bet with Dylan a ...more
Angela
Jan 18, 2014 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
3.5 Stars

I picked this book for two reasons the hockey and cops. Two of my favorite things in my romance books. I liked Adam, he was the right amount of alpha and protective male. Serena got on my nerves a bit. I know it would be hard to give up control of your life, but when doing so will save your life....shut up and listen to the experts. The relationship between the two was a believable one and was nice to see the build up. The relationship between Adam, Dylan and Max was one I'd like to rea
Janet
Feb 11, 2014 Janet rated it really liked it
This is a great first book in the Last Bachelor Standing series. Nancy Warren has a great premise and I look forward to reading the rest. This book had plenty of romance and passion but it also had a hint of suspense and intrigue. The novel was well plotted and evenly paced. The characters are extremely likeable. I might have liked a little more hockey in the story, but that's a personal note.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.
Bobbi
May 31, 2014 Bobbi rated it liked it
i really enjoyed the first chapter and felt that it was an adorable introduction to the series. In general, I liked the book but it won't go down as one of my favourite books ever. The hero was loveable, the heroine not as much but still likeable. It was a good enough book that I'll read the rest of the series. I'm excited for Dylan's story, I'm already half in love with him.
AWB
Jul 18, 2015 AWB rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty 'meh'. I could take it or leave it. The psycho ex-bang-friends (any woman who knows 'where she stands' in a relationship wont act like a complete psycho/asshole to you when you have a girlfriend) was a little over the top, but whatever. The rest was just kinda predictable.
Whtyac
Jan 07, 2014 Whtyac rated it liked it
Easy quick read. Stanley as the villain was too obvious so nice surprise.
Roz ~ My Written Romance
I just wasn't connecting with this story. I'm not sure what it was, as I like Nancy Warren, but there was just something that kept me from being able to get through this one.
Harlequin Books
"Genuinely suspenseful, this tale delivers all the way to the end." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Last Bachelor Standing
Wendy W
Jan 27, 2014 Wendy W rated it really liked it
I really think this book should get a 3.5 stars. Really better than a 3. Looks like the beginning of a series. I cant wait for the other 2 books.
Wall Goddess
Wall Goddess rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
David Rippy
David Rippy rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Db2567
Db2567 rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2014
Michelle Dyer
Michelle Dyer rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Denise Polanco
Denise Polanco rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Caroline Beaudoin
Caroline Beaudoin rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Andrea Miller
Andrea Miller rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Bruce McKay
Bruce McKay rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Offauna
Offauna rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Jizzle Joyce
Jizzle Joyce rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Carla Flask
Carla Flask rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Cindi
Cindi rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Linda Siklosi
Linda Siklosi rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Lying in Your Arms
  • Cowboys & Angels (Sons of Chance, #13)
  • A SEAL's Fantasy (Uniformly Hot SEALs, #5)
  • Command Performance
  • No Strings...
  • Double Exposure (From Every Angle, #1)
  • Sizzle
  • Free Fall
  • The Closer (Men Out of Uniform #14)
  • To the Limit
  • Wild Weekend
  • Take My Breath Away...(Harlequin Blaze #593)
  • Cabin Fever
  • She's No Angel (Sweetheart, South Carolina, #2)
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri
More about Nancy Warren...

Last Bachelor Standing (3 books)
  • Breakaway (Last Bachelor Standing, #2)
  • Final Score (Last Bachelor Standing #3)