Start by marking “Blame It on the Rodeo” as Want to Read:
Blame It on the Rodeo

Blame It on the Rodeo

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A Secret The Size Of Texas

Veterinarian Lexi Lawson has her hands full—and not just when she's delivering foals at the Langtry family's ranch. Working there forces Lexi to confront Shane Langtry, the man who broke her heart. True, he seems different now—more generous, more grounded. But Lexi isn't fooled: Shane lives for rodeo competition and nothing else. Besides, after wh
Published February 4th 2014 by Harlequin (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blame It on the Rodeo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blame It on the Rodeo

Susan
Very good book. Lexi came back to Ramblewood to work after ten years away, even though she knew she would be around Shane again. They had been in love but while she was away at school Shane had had a one night stand with a rodeo groupie. That woman ended up pregnant, so Shane broke things off with Lexi and married the other woman. He later found out that the child wasn't his and ended up divorced and childless. Shane is still a rodeo star and has also started a rodeo school with his family. Bein ...more
Joanna
I love this next book in the Ramblewood Series. Even though it's part of a series, it definitely stands on its own. I loved Lexi's "secret". Definitely not what I expected it to be! Great story!
Bridgett Edwards
Could not wait to be taken back to "Ramblewood" again and was not disappointed. I love how Amanda paints a picture of this town and the people in it to make you feel like you are there. Just like with the first two books in the series I could not put the book down and was missing "Ramblewood" when it was over. I love how her writing just flows and how the book takes you there. A must read!!
Minerva
I got this as a first reads giveaway, and I just could not get into it. The fact that it started out with intense discussion of surrogate pregnancy in horses didn't help with that problem, believe you me.

I had pretty much figured out what Lexie's secret was before I even started the book, so it wasn't particularly suspenseful. None of the characters were particularly interesting, and to be honest I found Shane to be slightly annoying. No one in the story was particularly realistic. How is it th
Kristen
Loved the whole cast of characters and the story. It was a quick read but I wish it was longer! I did not read the two previous books prior to reading this but will be soon!
Deb Diem
Blame It On The Rodeo was my first Amanda Renee book. I enjoyed reading it and will be looking for other books by Ms Renee. The characters were great and the story kept my attention.
Ray
Great plot. Definately interested in reading others in the group.
Katelynne
I received this book through First Reads. It is a signed copy and Ms. Renee even took the time to address it to me! It was a simple little touch that delighted me.

This is not the type of book that I would usually pick to read - it's got cowboys, rodeos, drama - it's just not my usual cup of tea. After this book, I'm definitely going to be reading more. Specifically from Ramblewood and Ms. Renee. It was a quick read that was fun, well-written, and just really lovely. I appreciated the drama in th
Rosa Cline
Mar 27, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rosa by: First Reads Giveaway Book
I received this as a First Reads Giveaway book, years ago I used to read the Harlequin Romance books but had gotten away from them. So this wasn't really the type of book I would normally read. But after the first few chapters of where I really felt the author was spilling her wheels, as she just seemed to keep repeating things over and over so started kind of loosing me; but then the story picked up and turned into a really nice one.

I liked it also because she included actual issues of vet car
Yazmin
InBlame It on the Rodeo by Amanda Renee, Lexi Lawson has been keeping a secret for the past thirteen years from Shane Langtry. He was the love of her life and her everything, but when he cheated on her and got another girl pregnant, his parents made him marry her, leaving Lexi hurt and alone.

Now Lexi is a veterinarian and has returned home to work with the Langtry family. But that does not mean that she has forgiven Shane, even though soon after the birth of his supposed son the real father cam
Ashley Gibson
I won this book on Goodreads Firstreads.

Lexi and Shane have loved each other since they were teenagers but a past filled with betrayal and secrets lies between them. Will their love be enough to overcome their heartbreaking past?

I really disliked Shane, he was selfish and egotistical. His actions hurt the woman he swore he loved and cost him greatly. His actions did not match up to his words. He swore he loved Lexi but cheated on her, got some other girl pregnant, and married the girl. Then when
Alison
Ordinarily, cowboys plus a secret baby equals catnip for me, but this just didn't hold my attention.
Stephy Miller
This book was very good. I loved that the main characters had a connection from the beginning. Most books are more of the "love at first sight" types so to be able to be apart of their past, present and future was very refreshing for me. The only negative thing I really had about it was the ending seemed to drag. This is very unusual for me because I typically feel endings are rushed but this one seemed too long. Overall a good read. I do recommend it!
Harlequin Books
"In this engrossing story of love lost through betrayal and found once again through forgiveness, both hero and heroine accept blame for past mistakes, making them characters with integrity." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Terrie
It was an Ok read. I liked that the main character is a strong and opinionated women who is a horse veternarian. The guy is likeable too... Pretty predictable but still a good read!
Kim
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads.It was a heartwarming story but moved a little slow. I loved the characters.
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Bea
Bea added it
Sep 11, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Donna Harris
Donna Harris marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Hedayah
Hedayah marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Beverly A Osmonson
Beverly A Osmonson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
  • Her Secret Cowboy (Cash Brothers, #3)
  • Her Rancher Rescuer
  • The Texan's Little Secret (Texas Rodeo Barons, #2)
  • Snowbound with a Billionaire
  • A Ranch to Keep
  • The Surprise Triplets
  • Cindy and the Prince
  • Romance For Cynics
  • Remember Me, Cowboy
  • The Keys' Prince (The Royal Heirs Book One)
  • A Minute on the Lips
  • Distant Star: Volume One
  • Mr. Boardwalk
  • More Than a Cowboy
  • Heiress on the Run
  • Portrait of a Scandal
  • Gospel for the Damned
  • A Debt Paid in Passion
Raised in northern New Jersey, Amanda Renee now wriggles her toes in the warm sand of coastal South Carolina.

She began writing around the age of nine, but didn't take it very seriously until she received critical acclaim for a school essay lambasting music censorship. From that point forward, she had her eye on a writing career.

She originally wrote a suspense entitled "Smoke and Mirrors" that, "wa
More about Amanda Renee...
Betting on Texas Home to the Cowboy His Ultimate Test Back to Texas A Texan for Hire (Ramblewood,#4)