Start by marking “An Exquisite Challenge” as Want to Read:
An Exquisite Challenge

An Exquisite Challenge (The Delicious De Campos #2)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  20 reviews
"First move's yours, Lex," he murmured. "After that, all bets are off."

Wine magnate Gabe De Campo has fired his PR company three weeks before the wwmost anticipated launch event the industry's ever seen. Enter Alexandra Anderson—the last woman he should ever work with, but the only woman who can help.

Gabe and Al
Published January 21st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about An Exquisite Challenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Exquisite Challenge

Wendy Curtis
Oh, Jen Hayward, you did it again!

I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of this book. Being a champion of Jennifer Hayward's during The Divorce Party's rise to the top in the So You Think You Can Write comp 2012, I am delighted to say that first De Campo story was no flash in the pan by this author. You can also read it as a stand alone.

An Exquisite Challenge has depth, and it's edgy. The emotions just keep pulling you through this novel. The characters are fabulous and so real. Despite Gab
Desere
All of us have a fighting spirit within us, not all of us unleash it on a daily basis and sometimes it takes a serious push to get it out into the open and on a mission to win.

But when unleashed it can sometimes have such serious consequences that we wish we never stepped up to the plate in the first place, basically "You should have kept your big mouth shut". As is the case for the heroine, Alexandra in the new Jennifer Hayward read.

Alexandra 's business is in a hot spot and needs a new big tim
Jenny
I read this book 2 weeks ago but I forgot to rate it. I couldn't stomach it. Heroine had a six month affair with a married man five years ago which in my opinion is gross and slutty. I will stay away from this author.
Maria Mitchell
I received this book for free from Goodreads First Reads to review.

I really liked this book the only complaint I had was that it was so short it was over too quickly.

This book is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone novel. Gabe De Campo has a rule of not working with family and Alex Anderson is the sister of his brother's wife. There's also that pesky bit of attraction between them. But Alex's work impresses him and he has to hire her. But he has rules one being that they don't act
Tracey
Superb! A well deserved five stars for this awesome read by Jennifer Hayward, who, I must add could easily have fooled me into believing she's been a published author for years.
The story is sharp and hooks you to the end, the conflict is gripping and the chemistry between Gabe and Alexandra shoots sparks from the page.
An Exquisite Challenge - It certainly was.
TashNz
Second installment of the Delicious De Campo brothers and Gabe does not disappoint. In charge of the wine operation he's about to release the most perfect wine that's taken him nearly 8 seasons to perfect but someone's out to get him by planting a mole in his wine production. Firing the advertising team handling the launch leads Alex, twin sister of Lilly who we met in book one, an advertising executive who has worked from the lowest rung of the ladder up, to Gabe's door, asking for the job of h ...more
Kat Cantrell
Gabriele is my favorite DeCampo. Do not miss this book. There's wine.
Harlequin Books
"Hayward's latest romance is an emotionally charged drama-thon. Her bad-girl heroine and uber-macho, distrustful hero battle inner demons as their desire ignites the pages in and out of the bedroom. With iconic Napa wine country as the backdrop, this love story is a win-win." RT Book Reviews, rated 4.5 stars

Miniseries: The Delicious De Campos

"Great read! I enjoyed every page. The heroine was strong willed and the hero loved her for it. This book was funny and sexy at the same time.

Jennifer, tha
May Mostly Romance
เราชอบงานเขียนเรืองแรกของ Jennifer Hayward เรือง The Divorce Party ไมนอยเลยนะคะ ถือวาเปนเรืองแนว Harlequin Presents ทีสนุกมากเรืองนึง ทำใหเมือหยิบเลมนีมาอาน ซึงเปนเลมสองในชุด เลาเรืองระหวางพีชาย และพีสาวของพระนางเลมแรก เรากเลยคาดหวังวา นีจะเปนหนึงในหนังสือ "เลมเลก" ทีสนุก แตพออานเขาจริง กลับรูสึกผิดหวังเลยกวาได เพราะเราคิดวา คนแตงนาจะเขียนไดดีกวานี

แตหากวากันตามตรง เรืองนีไมไดมีอะไรเลวรายนะคะ สวนหนึงอาจจะเพราะเราไมใชคนทีชืนชอบพลอตเรืองแนวเพรสเซนสมากมายอะไร เลมทีอานแลวทำใหเราชอบได กมักจะเปนเรืองท
Fiona Marsden
Having enjoyed the first book in this series, The Divorce Party, I was keen to see what would happen with Alex and Gabe. We met them as sparring partners in that book but now they are getting up close and personal at Gabe's De Campo winery in the Napa Valley, right across the country from New York.

Alex is an event specialist and when Gabe fires his current events company three weeks before a major launch, Alex is ready to take on the challenge. Still growing her company, she doesn't have a lot o
Victoria Parker
Excellant follow up to The Divorce Party by Ms Hayward. Set against the stunning backdrop of Napa Valley, the gorgeous Gabe De Campo and Alex Anderson are two forces of nature colliding to whip up a storm for the story many have been waiting for since their electric meeting back in book one. Watching the sparks fly was a joy and the quippy dialogue kept the pages turning until the very end. Fantastic! Bring on Matteo, Ms Hayward, I'm ready and waiting :)
Vee Paige
*3.75* Almost a 4-star read. I loved the chemistry between Gabe and Alex. I also have an attachment to Napa Valley and all that passion for a wine especially how the words were rolling off a sexy Italian worked for me. The sex scenes were short, they were hot yet mild ... it's hard to explain. It left me wanting for more. The ending brought the rating down a bit for me, though I understand the villain was a real douche bag, I didn't like what Alex did. This was still a good read. Lots of sexual ...more
bombay_sapphire
This was the first book I read by this author and given that it was a HP, I thought it was a really good read. Considering the two characters had history, the lead up to their steamy attraction leading to an affair and then relationship didn't seem forced or rushed as it usually would. I liked that Alex wasn't some whimpy heroine passively taking Gabe's crap. I just thought the whole book was really well written.
Jess
I just really like Jennifer Hayward's books. I like that her hero/heroine relationships feel on more equal footing than you get in a lot of Presents titles. I like that her heroines aren't naive virgins (which isn't to say that there's anything wrong with that, because I like those books too sometimes, it's just not ALL I want to read). I just like what she writes. And I liked this book.
Lori Meehan
This was a good second book from Jennifer Hayward. I loved the first book The Divorce Party and I enjoyed this book but it took me a will to warm up to Alex at times I just wanted to shake her. Then I learned a little about her and she won me over. Gabe on the other hand is on hot Italian. I'm looking forward to Matteo's book.
Andy
I was anxious after the first in the series , The Divorce Party, too see where Hayward was headed with the De Campo boys and there fiery brotherly chemistry. Curious to see if it would help or hinder there wine fortunes.

An Exquisite Chalenge did not disappoint with sparks flying between Alex & Gabe right out of the gate. Ever in Ricardo's shadow , Gabe is a bad-boy on a roll and his past involvement with Alex makes for great friction and anticipation. As in the The Divorce Party - get ready
Toni Davids
3.5* Hayward has penned another lovely romance with Gabe and Alex though it didn't quite hit the highs of her debut for me. The setting was not one of my favourites and I found it easier to put down but Gabe was certainly enticing as the delicious dark brooding hero and I loved the back and forth banter between him and Alex. I look forward to Matteo's story next.
Julie
Nice to read something lighthearted! Thanks, Jennifer, for the book :)
Don
Don added it
May 02, 2015
Natasha Hart
Natasha Hart marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Roro
Roro marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Megan Jackson
Megan Jackson marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • A Bargain with the Enemy (The Devilish D'Angelos #1)
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • The Legend of de Marco (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • A Reputation to Uphold
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orisini Brothers, #4)
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • His Unexpected Legacy
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • The Disobedient Mistress (Sister Brides, #2)
Award-winning author JENNIFER HAYWARD has been a fan of romance since filching her sister's novels to escape her teenaged angst.

Jennifer's career in journalism and PR, including years of working alongside powerful, charismatic CEOs and traveling the world, has provided perfect fodder for the fast-paced, sexy stories she likes to write, always with a touch of humour.

Jennifer emerged on the publish
More about Jennifer Hayward...

The Delicious De Campos (3 books)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • The Truth About De Campo (The Delicious De Campos, #3)
The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1) The Magnate's Manifesto Changing Constantinou's Game The Italian's Deal for I Do (Society Weddings #1) The Truth About De Campo (The Delicious De Campos, #3)