Start by marking “The Naked Kitchen Veggie Burger Book: Delicious Plant-Based Burgers, Fries, Sides, and More” as Want to Read:

The founders of the popular Naked Kitchen website unveil more than 100 of their favorite organic plant-based recipes for burger lovers everywhere. The recipes combine simple, wholesome ingredients to create a wide variety of scrumptious vegetable- and bean-based burgers and accompaniments that everyone can enjoy.

The Naked Kitchen Veggie Burger Book celebrates the burger in
Published May 6th 2014 by Lyons Press

To ask other readers questions about The Naked Kitchen Veggie Burger Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naked Kitchen Veggie Burger Book

Leah
Jul 25, 2014 Leah rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 of 5

Chalk it up to brain freeze, or not thinking outside the box, but it hadn't dawned on me that instead of spending $5-$6 per box of four (packaged, frozen, processed) veggie burgers, we could make our own. (Yeah, DUH!) So when I saw the beautiful cover of The Naked Kitchen Veggie Burger Book in the library's New section, I grabbed it up straightaway. What I loved most was the variety of burger recipes, the gorgeous mouth-watering pictures, and the inclusion of recipes for sauces and
Sandee
Feb 16, 2015 Sandee rated it liked it
Shelves: cookery
I love the idea of this book and was super excited to get it! So far I've made 2 recipes but neither went as expected.

The pizza burger was very very dry and I could not get 8 burgers out of the recipe unless they were the size of sliders.

The enchilada burger was so wet it was hard to form burgers without extra breadcrumbs, etc. Also it made 10, but that may be because I had to add extra ingredients to get them to form.

I would love to hear from others what recipes work well. Not sure if the is
Sonia
Jun 05, 2014 Sonia rated it really liked it
I've only had a chance to try one of the recipes in this cookbook and it was tasty. I've read through a lot of the other recipes and they have easy to follow instructions and also look delicious. My only concern will be availability of some ingredients in my small town but the authors suggest online sources for those. I know I'll be using it a lot this summer when my garden starts producing. Won this book from Goodreads.
Sonia
Jun 02, 2014 Sonia rated it really liked it
I won this book from the Goodreads giveaways, thank you!!

Giving this 4.5 stars

It's a great cookbook! The recipes are easy to understand and turn out wonderfully, the format is quite nice as well and the photos are stunning. I also enjoyed the inclusion of other "side" recipes (salads, fries, etc.)

I would recommend this to anyone that ones to try a yummy vegetarian alternative to the classic burger!
Matthew
Jun 02, 2014 Matthew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a giveaway on goodreads first reads. I have to say this book will be a WONDERFUL addition to my kitchen. There are so many recipes I am going to try this summer and maybe even try some of the veggie burgers on the grill. I have to say I got more than was expected in recipes that would have never been tried by my family. Alot of these will make great additions to family get reunions instead of the same ol' thing. Wonderful cookbook and great ideas!!
AnnieM
Jul 05, 2015 AnnieM rated it really liked it
It might be worth a purchase. Veggie burgers are harder to make than you'd think. With some minor adjustments I can make them gluten free. Lots of choices for side dishes and condiments.

A must for anyone on a new lifestyle of eating.
Jessi
May 20, 2014 Jessi rated it really liked it
Quite a wide variety of vegan recipes in this book- and, unlike some other books that promise the same thing, they really are "burger" recipes.
Tana
Tana rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Emenda
Emenda rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Gordon Woolley Jr.
Gordon Woolley Jr. rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Mickey.M. Smeele
Mickey.M. Smeele rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Pinky
Pinky rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2014
Joni
Joni rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Cg
Cg rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2016
Oceandreamer001
Oceandreamer001 rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Sunil Jawahir
Sunil Jawahir rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Indira
Indira rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Sunita S
Sunita S rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
John M Finnegan
John M Finnegan rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Dhonna
Dhonna rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Sandie
Oct 24, 2014 Sandie rated it really liked it
The almond zucchini burgers are one of the best veggie burgers I have ever had
Wendy Orewyler
Wendy Orewyler rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Monique Depope
Monique Depope rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2014
  • Food
  • Simply Satisfying: Over 200 Vegetarian Recipes You'll Want to Make Again and Again
  • The Southern Vegetarian Cookbook: 100 Down-Home Recipes for the Modern Table
  • Big Vegan
  • Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen
  • 1,000 Vegan Recipes
  • Budget Bytes: Over 100 Easy, Delicious Recipes to Slash Your Grocery Bill in Half
  • The Great Vegan Bean Book
  • Caribbean Vegan: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion
  • Meatless: More Than 200 of the Very Best Vegetarian Recipes
  • Salad Samurai: 100 Cutting-Edge, Ultra-Hearty, Easy-to-Make Salads You Don't Have to Be Vegan to Love
  • Salad of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
  • Green Kitchen Travels: Healthy Vegetarian Food Inspired by Our Adventures
  • The Family Cooks: 100+ Recipes Guaranteed to Get Your Family Craving Food That's Simple, Fresh, and Incredibly Good for You
  • Avec Eric: A Culinary Journey with Eric Ripert
  • Fresh Designs: Shawls
  • Foods That Make You Say Mmm-mmm
  • Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters: Over 150 Delicious Recipes
There is more than one author with this name.
More about Sarah Davies...