Start by marking “Dragon Festival, Harvest Fire (Painted Shogun, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Festival, Harvest Fire (Painted Shogun, #1)

Dragon Festival, Harvest Fire (Painted Shogun #1)

Devastation waged on a young girl’s village by a hardened Shogun brings her to the capital of the prefectures in search of his death while his travels take him north to the land of the Dragons in search of settling very different matters with a once loyal and trusted retainer. Dragon Festival, Harvest Fire is a tale of retribution and rebirth, of traditions new and old, of ...more
Paperback, First, 550 pages
Published August 2013 by Mokkou House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Festival, Harvest Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Festival, Harvest Fire

Jeff O'Brien
Jul 06, 2014 Jeff O'Brien rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I'm not very good at writing reviews for books this far out of my typical genre, but here goes.

From the indie writing underground comes a rising star by the name of Andrew S. Cioffi. Do you like Robert Jordan? Do you like fantasy in general? Do you also like dragons and samurais and Japanese stuff? It's kind of a no-brainer that you should read Cioffi's debut novel if you like all of those things.

The Painted Shogun is not your standard indie-press book. For starters, this one clocks
Dawn Reno Langley
Mar 13, 2014 Dawn Reno Langley rated it it was amazing
Cioffi's first book is a tour de force through time and communities that are brilliantly described and exciting to experience. There are three main story lines, led by characters that are both funny and passionate. Each commands a good portion of the book. Along the way, their stories intersect and I won't say how so that you will read the book before the next in the series comes out.

His strength is in his descriptions. Cioffi knows Japanese history and culture, that is obvious, and he relates p
Chris Mario
Sep 02, 2013 Chris Mario rated it it was amazing
Dragon Festival, Harvest Fire has been the first book I have read since Name Of The Wind that I wasn't able to put down. When I read a fantasy novel, I look for a world that pulls me out of my own, and immerses me in a place that I can escape to whenever I deem fit. It is safe to say that I am (not so) patiently awaiting the second book. This novel has something to offer everyone that reads it. I challenge you read the novel and find no character that you can relate to. On top of dragons and ...more
Leeandra Staffieri
Oct 19, 2013 Leeandra Staffieri rated it it was amazing
This book has three great story lines that each capture you more than the last. Each characters story intertwines with ease and keeps you guessing. Makes you smile, laugh, gasp and warms your heart. I give it two thumbs up, five stars and Andrew a pat on the back. BRAVO!!!
Selena
DNF 393/550

I tried. I really did. I just can't do it. This book is exhausting. It's like trying to keep track of three different books without any author assistance. I just lost steam around page 300 and struggled to get as far as I did into it.

So anyway...

Cover
Normally I wouldn't mention the book cover, but I have to in this case. The cover looks like it belongs on a textbook. This isn't even close to one. It really is a novel.

Story
The story follows 3 characters and a handful of other, more min
Corina Prince
Oct 26, 2014 Corina Prince rated it liked it
I WON, I WON THIS BOOK!!! This a richly written book full of adventure, family experiences and journeying on the road of life with so many entwining characters full of culture. It was so nice of the author to sign the book as well!
Joshua Lacey
Joshua Lacey rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2016
Patrice Cardoza
Patrice Cardoza rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2013
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
William 3
William 3 rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2014
Ben Cioffi
Ben Cioffi rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Tarran
Tarran marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Diana Senn
Diana Senn marked it as to-read
Jordan Liu
Jordan Liu marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Caitlan Cole
Caitlan Cole marked it as to-read
Wendy C
Wendy C marked it as to-read
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Carol Teter Mauck
Carol Teter Mauck marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Nanii Sami
Nanii Sami marked it as to-read
Nicole Julke
Nicole Julke marked it as to-read
Rosanna-Michelle
Rosanna-Michelle marked it as to-read
Barbara Zitsch
Barbara Zitsch marked it as to-read
Mrlove83
Mrlove83 marked it as to-read
Andrew Gilmore
Andrew Gilmore marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Nyala Jackson
Nyala Jackson marked it as to-read
Billiemarie
Billiemarie marked it as to-read
Kimber Smith
Kimber Smith marked it as to-read
Emilie Titchen
Emilie Titchen marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Kirby Tails
Kirby Tails marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Maria Cioffi nadeau
Maria Cioffi nadeau marked it as to-read
Margie
Margie marked it as to-read
  • Atlas Down
  • The Mercenary (Therian Secrets, #1)
  • Escaped
  • Water
  • Murder in the Rockies
  • Letters to Each Other
  • A Writer's Journal
  • Winter Cocktails: Mulled Ciders, Hot Toddies, Punches, Pitchers, and Cocktail Party Snacks
  • The Emotional Extremist's Guide to Handling Cartoon Elephants: How to Solve Elephantine Emotional Problems Without Getting Run Over, Chased, Flattened
  • Time Walkers 3 Book Bundle
  • The Dragon God's Son (The Gods of Myth, #1)
  • Resistance (Rising, #1)
  • Letters to Ann: The Korean War 1950-1951
  • Teller (Volume 1)
Andrew S. Cioffi works as a disability services professional at a local university in Boston, MA. By night, though, his dreams of dragons and samurai were calling enough to start writing things down. With a passion for great stories and great mythologies, he is equally inspired by comics, graphic novels, chambara films, progressive metal, and high fantasy of all sorts. Aside from hours spent ...more
More about Andrew S. Cioffi...