Start by marking “Diary of a Size 12” as Want to Read:
Diary of a Size 12

Read Excerpt

Diary of a Size 12

When Georgia McAllister – self-named fashion goddess, store-branded size twelve – applied for a new job as a CEO’s secretary, she was far from imagining she’d just taken the very first step towards her dreams. It’s definitely not easy to start a new career at thirty – could that even be called a career, by then?

Either way, she got it and she wasn’t letting it go, not even
ebook, 1st
Published August 31st 2013 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Size 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Size 12

Katerina
如何屠夫否則為可愛小別致點燃的故事超越所有識別的完美例子。
我真的以為我已經看到了全部,但這個"文本"說服了我的相反 !

檢閱者建議這可能會寫的另一種語言和"谷歌翻譯"之後。所以如果你想知道這個奇怪的頂部的我的檢討意思的標誌: 它是中國傳統和 bing 翻譯我的檢討。我希望他們有道理。如果不是,我將不得不讓他們編輯,對嗎?;))

This is a perfect example of how to butcher an otherwise cute little chic-lit story beyond all recognition.
I really thought I've seen it all but this "text" convinced me of the contrary!

A reviewer speculated that this must have been written in another language and "google-translated" afterwards. So in case you are wondering what these
Joana
** 2.5 entertaining stars**

I was looking for a fun and light read, so I kind of randomly picked it up on my freebies collection on kindle.

The story follows up Georgia McAllister, she is applying to a new job as a CEO's secretary, set on seeing it as the way to finally have a career, a first step on fulfilling her dreams in fashion. But let's just say that the interview doesn't go very well.
But in a twist from faith, a kick ass rescuing by our heroine, she is hired for that job after all.
Between
Stacey
Jan 03, 2014 Stacey rated it liked it
Review from Fairy Tale Ending Book Reviews

Read: 23 October 2013
Why: Number 1 free book on itunes

Brief synopsis:
With a résumé that could easily be mistaken for a career guide, yet another failed interview and no sign of the Prince Charming those Disney films promised her; Georgia was starting to think her life was doomed.

But luck can change in the blink of an eye, or in Georgia's case, when tackling an armed robber with only her pantyhose and size 12 thighs! Both boyfriends and jobs can appear fr
Allison Lessard
Feb 11, 2014 Allison Lessard rated it really liked it
I really liked this book!! The main character was funny ,strong, and I felt like she is easy to relate to! This book is written in a format where you feel like the main character is just having a nice chat with you and telling you what's going on in her life which I really enjoyed!

I found myself laughing, smiling, and rooting for both the main character and love interest! This book is awesome and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice fun read!
iamo  ut lego
Jan 03, 2014 iamo ut lego rated it really liked it
Before I start my Rambling first of all let me tell you that there are typos in this book, BUT don't let that stop you from reading it as the Author is working on a new revision due to the typo's Hallelujah Praise the lord.

That Aside this is a very cute and adorable i makes me want to grab its cheeks and tell it how cute and adorable it is, this story that will have you laughing through out the day.

yo have Georgia a feisty Fashionista , she is Happy full of life, kind , loving and a person who n
Silvia
Jan 03, 2014 Silvia rated it liked it
3.5 stars actually as I did like the Story.
This is the first Book I read via the Apple library. The story was lovely and romantic and I enjoyed it. However.....there were a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes. And in the first half of the book the chapters didn't flow. A few times I had to go back to the previous read chapter just to be sure I hadn't missed a page or jumped a chapter.
The characters are great though. Georgia is a hoot and she knows just what to do and Julian.....well the man is
Belle Couer
Jan 04, 2014 Belle Couer rated it really liked it
This book is really good, the plot twists are amazing, the names are creative. There were quite a lot of spelling and grammatical errors,i so wanted to re-write and edit the book myself and send it back to the writer, but disregarding that it was a brilliant read
SJ
Jan 07, 2014 SJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Really enjoyed this book! Such great characters, a romance with a male who is flawed yet still dreamy. Would have been a 5 star if not for the typos. Please write more!
Christine Tiongson

Jan 03, 2014 Priscilla rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth
Jan 03, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book, it made me smile :3
It also reminded me of one of my favorite Kdramas: Protect the boss

Shawn
Georgia lives in New York and dreams of working as a fashion journalist and applies for a job as secretary to Julian who is a total snob when he reads her resume. From there the story gets better and more LOL moments happen. Great story and characters..I love the story and give it 5 stars even though there were ALOT of spelling errors. I'm smart so I knew what she meant so it was all good. The book was free too, so it was a very cute read.
Kate
Apr 06, 2014 Kate rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-challenge
So many grammar errors and typos in this book that it nearly put me off continuing to read it. It was almost as if it had been written in a hurry and not edited at all before being made available to the public to read.
Ignoring the errors, the book is a fun read, although I feel that G's weight doesn't feature strongly enough to earn the title of the book.
Joanne Barr
Mar 07, 2014 Joanne Barr rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book and I can not wait to read more from the author. Just to make you aware there are typos in the book so you will need to read around them, don't let that stop you as it is very good.
The main characters are lovely and G is a strong, independent and funny. The characters are easy to love and connect with through the storey.
Stephanie Pressley
Jan 03, 2014 Stephanie Pressley rated it liked it
So many typos in the book, I feel it should be renamed because her weight doesn't really factor into the book all that much? Overall pretty good storyline, slightly to predictable, classic fairy tale story, if only reality was as simple/easy?
Alannah Clarke
Aug 30, 2014 Alannah Clarke rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
All I can say, is that thank goodness this was free.
Tara Jayne
Apr 21, 2015 Tara Jayne rated it did not like it
Not my thing.
Helen
Dec 01, 2016 Helen rated it it was ok
Great story but the writing was terrible with many spelling and grammar errors!
Emma-Louise
Aug 25, 2014 Emma-Louise rated it liked it
Check out more of my reviews on www.untitledviews.com!

'Diary of a Size 12' follows dream-chasing 30-year-old Georgia McAllister who moves from Tennessee to New York in search of her big break into the fashion world. After trying just about every job you can think of, Georgia finally gets an interview for a job that could just help her on her way to being a high-flying fashion journalist. The interview does not at all go to plan and Georgia leaves feeling like a failure. A little later, Karma wor
Caroline
I don't think I've ever read anything as badly written as this. Did the author even read it back before publishing or just upload the minute she'd finished? Spelling mistakes and sentences with no meaning on practically every page, and even the occasional made-up word.
His brown eyes started to grow wider and larger, and I felt myself smaller and screwerer - if that's even a word.

It's not. I'm not even sure what you were going for there.

His clothes were millimetricaly set by type...

That's no
Paige
So... Diary of a Size 12 was a fine book. Not my cup of tea, but it was a bit nice to have a little change from the retellings that I'm obsessed with. Only there were a few things that really kinda sorta bothered me.
The grammar and missing words just irked me, as I'm sure most or all of the other readers of this book have noticed. I honestly want to take this book, edit it a million times (just to make sure, of course), then let it fly away into people's hands again. This is why I want to be a
Laura Henderson
Aug 18, 2016 Laura Henderson rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
The Synopsis

Georgia McAllister, size 12, fashion goddess, applies for a job as a secretary for CEO, Julian von Hauser. Starting new career at 30 will not be easy, especially since her boss is a rude, OCD, know it all.

The Review

After reading Sophie's other book Mr. Prime Minister (which i gave 5 stars) I was still highly impressed. The story in itself was a very cute idea. I know, I know people are gripping about the mistakes in the book, but Sophie said she sent out the book to be corrected. I f
Yalda Catalán
Jun 12, 2014 Yalda Catalán rated it liked it
Very slow start...it was kinda hard to keep up with it...sometimes our heroine, G. sounded like a vain bimbo...which sucked big time...and I so wanted to quit on it, but then i was like "nah! i've spend so much time reading it...i should finish it!" and I did and I don't regret it at all...After Mr. sexy hunk Rush and Super sexy and troubled Mr. van Hauser, CEO, went from cold to flirty, it all became more interesting i have to say...Super cute and romantic novel...a bit too long tho, and ...more
Megan Taylor
Aug 18, 2014 Megan Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s definitely not easy to start a new career at thirty – could that even be called a career? Either way, she got it and she wasn’t letting it go, not even for the latest Chanel clutch she’d been keeping her eye on for months. But she might have to, if she doesn’t gather the strength to de
Dina G
Aug 19, 2014 Dina G rated it it was amazing
Great book, fantastic story. I loved the style of writing, the pace, the characters and everything. Certainly the writer has read FSOG and used some elements from that book, slightly altering them... I am not gonna go into detail because I don't want to spoil the story by giving away too much...but at certain points it made me feel I was reading a Fifty shades of grey fan fiction... Also, my Kindle copy was full of grammatical errors- although I cannot complain much, as it was free... I still ...more
June
Jul 16, 2014 June rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The story was good - a romance with believable characters and a good dose of humour, however, I cannot give it more than 1 star because of the APPALLING grammar, spelling, vocabulary (use of the wrong word etc.) that literally fills every page - there were many sentences that simply did not make sense! It really spoiled my enjoyment of the novel. It got to the point where I was convinced that it had originally been written in a foreign language and 'Google-translated'. I am aware that I read the ...more
Jenni
Jul 10, 2014 Jenni rated it liked it
3.2 stars (just to be awkward!)

This books is a quirkly, light read about Georgia and the often amusing problems that she faces in her everyday life. On the whole, I enjoyed reading it as it was quite interesting to see some slight character progressions, but I was really confused about the title. The book only refers to Georgia's weight a few times, so why is it 'of a Size 12'? She doesn't even have to lose weight in the novel, which I just found gave this light-hearted book a strangeness as I w
A
Jun 17, 2014 A rated it it was amazing
Free on Amazon. 4.5 stars

Literally could not put my phone down! Loved the plot, the twists, characters, just everything! ... Minus the numerous spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes in general. Sadly that did take away from the story a bit. Georgia and Julian both went through a significant amount of character development which I think worked well to keep me interested. Also loved how there wasn't some huge dramatic incident between G and Julian. Those pure drama moments seem too common in roma
Lia
Dec 26, 2015 Lia rated it it was ok
Really needs a good edit, there are so many spelling & grammar mistakes and odd wording, repetitive phrases, etc. If you can get past that, the story line is predictable but Georgia is a bit endearing making it an slightly entertaining read, though her weight really does not play much of a role as the title would suggest..I was also put off at calling size 12 plus size and comments about her big ass, last I checked size 12 is pretty average.
Cyurry
Jun 05, 2014 Cyurry rated it it was ok
My comments are similar to everyone else's, it seems. The story itself was entertaining, especially the main character and her unfiltered, uncensored, and sometimes indiscreet but not when it's important mouth. However, the typos and grammatical errors made the story choppy and confusing. If you're looking for a quick and predictable read and you're able to ignore the lack of editing, it's an alright pick.
  • Hunter (The Bang Shift, #2)
  • Helter-Skelter
  • Perfect Alibis
  • All That Mullarkey
  • A Kept Woman
  • The Butterfly Storm
  • Charmed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #2)
  • Freeing Him (Hart Brothers #2)
  • Resisting the Hero (Accidentally in Love, #3)
  • Shadows Fall (Others of Edenton, #1.5)
  • The Debt & The Doormat
  • The Skeleton King (Dartmoor, #3)
  • Momentary Marriage
  • Stay the Night (Summerhill, #4)
  • Ruby Falls
  • When You Walked Back Into My Life
  • Kevlar To My Vest (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC, #3)
  • Head Over Heels

Ok, what can I say about myself? Oh, I know!

Fun facts about moi
1) Wanna put my feet in every continent
2) Writing is my addiction
3) Currently high on New Orleans street Blues & Jazz
4) Love the 'Bob' haircut (seems like a... huh... fun fact)
5) It's ok to be normal, but it's so much better to be unique
6) My heels are my lovers
7) Can't sing but I wish I could
8) Finally, I'm a vet student, but my
More about Sophie Quinn...