Start by marking “Her Roman Protector” as Want to Read:
Her Roman Protector

Her Roman Protector

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A Mother's Mission

When her baby is stolen out of her arms, noblewoman Annia will do anything to find her—even brave the treacherous back alleys of Rome to search for her. Desperate to be reunited with her daughter, Annia finds herself up against a fierce Roman soldier who insists her baby is safe. Dare she trust him?

Rugged war hero Marcus Sergius rescues abandoned babies
Published February 4th 2014 by Love Inspired Historicals (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Her Roman Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Roman Protector

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~*
Setting: Ancient Rome
3 1/2 Stars

The story opens with a young woman named Annia, who has just given birth to a baby girl alone except for the midwife and her slave Virginia. Divorced by her husband Galerius Janius on false charges of adultery, he has also taken away her two small sons and exiled her to a small villa at the outermost edge of Rome. Annia is shocked to learn that her baby girl is to be taken away, perhaps to die.
Marcus Peregrinus, a commander of the "Vigiles" has been ordered by the
Barbara
This book, set in ancient Rome, and later in Britain during the same time period, certainly kept my attention. The setting was enjoyable, and the research done by the author enabled her to include some fairly unique elements. The plot includes everything from the horrors of infant exposure and slavery and placing money and power above everything else to the sweetness of romance, courage and heroism, fear of possible religious persecution, and societal and gender roles and expectations. The auth ...more
Carla Capshaw
I always love to see a Romance set in ancient Rome. Milinda Jay uses this exciting, and often, cruel time period to full effect in Her Roman Protector. Readers will be rooting for Annia and Marcus to get their happy ending and fully satisfied when they do.
Carol Gerlach
Thank you Jay Milinda for a beautifully written historical fiction novel. At last an author who can write a heartfelt love story without profanity, sexually explicit love scenes and capture true love between a man and a woman.

The Roman practice of exposing infants was unknown to me. Again, this sensitive author has given voice to the mothers of ancient times who suffered this great loss.

Annia and Marcus are both heroes--one as a mother of an exposed child and Marcus as their protectors.
Aubrey Davey
I will admit that am normally a fan of paranormal romance. I thought this book would be a nice change because I like the time period in which it is based. I was thrilled that it was both historically accurate and adventurous. Ms. Jay breathed life onto the page so that the characters and the Villa became something I could see, feel, taste, smell and touch!
June
Oct 25, 2014 June rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Sometimes it's hard to read about things that happened in history. My children have loved learning about Rome in school the last couple of years, so I've been learning interesting stuff with them which made reading this book even more fun.

Marcus had dreams from the time he was a child of protecting important people. He thought the emperor was the most important person until he met Annia and her children. Even then, at first he believed the lies he was told about them. But when he saw how hard An
Joshualyn Prater
it was pretty good, it kinda drug out for a little while, and I don't see what the big deal was on his past, she shouldn't have made such a big deal about it. the ending was pretty good. :)
Sara
I liked the story but the way it was written was a little confusing.
Janis Kay
When I got this in the mail with my shipment, I thought: hmmmm, interesting. Let's read it and find out if it's any good.

Well, it's pretty good. I was very pleasantly surprised at the plot and story line. Why? Cuz I'm more of a western/war/regency person, but whatever. This was a nice diversion from my 'usual' lol. Very nice job and I await to see what's next from this author:)
Harlequin Books
"An interesting look at Roman life in the early days of Christianity. The hero's struggle to do what is right and still pursue the future he believes he wants is well represented." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Amanda Dandy
Amanda Dandy marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Shada
Shada added it
Aug 27, 2014
Autumn Council
Autumn Council marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Dreamgirl101
Dreamgirl101 marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Marlina
Marlina marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Micki Levin
Micki Levin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Hope
Hope marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Emily Bramblett
Emily Bramblett marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Milinda spent her childhood trying to hide from her siblings so that she could read in peace. The only person who understood her obsession with the printed word was her aunt, a librarian, who mailed Milinda the books she couldn't find in her home town. In this way, Milinda read all the biographies ever written for children, all of Beverly Cleary, and her favorite, The Happy Hollisters.
Milinda went
More about Milinda Jay...
Her Roman Protector (Mills & Boon Love Inspired Historical) Female Friendship Alliances in Shakespeare Love Inspired Historical February 2014 Bundle: Heartland Courtship\The Marshal's Ready-Made Family\Hearts Rekindled\Her Roman Protector