Start by marking “Novia del guerrero del desierto” as Want to Read:
Novia del guerrero del desierto

Novia del guerrero del desierto (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  338 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Iba a ser necesario mucho fuego para derretir el frío corazón de su marido Para Layla, princesa de Tazkhan, el matrimonio que su padre había concertado antes de morir significaba pasar el resto de su vida en cautividad y sufriendo la crueldad de su marido. Tal perspectiva la empujó a escapar y entregarse al jeque Raz Al Zahki, el mayor enemigo de su familia. Raz le exigía ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Bianca #2268, Especial Jeques, 160 pages
Published March 4th 2014 by Harlequin Ibérica (first published January 1st 2013)

Jacqueline
Too many problems for me to rate this higher. It was like the people said one thing and did the exact opposite. The hero didn't want to marry her because he would always love his dead wife. But a week later, or it might have been 2 days later or 2 weeks later because time was all wonky in this thing, he is telling her they have something special and he had only turned out the light because he knew she was shy not because he couldn't bear to see that he was making love to the heroine and not his ...more
Aayesha
Firstly, thank you Jenny for recommending this book to me. You were right; I loved it!

Writing and plotline:5 stars
My own feelings about the book: 4.5 stars

Oh. Dear. God. I absolutely, positively loved loved loved this book. It was amazing!! I loved the plotline, I loved the characters, I loved the flow and I loved the marriage of convenience trope. I also loved how the author did not mention religion. I respect her for that. Respect and appreciate her.

First, I'll talk about the writing. She is a
Jenny
Wow, this was a fantastic story. I adored the setting, the characters, the plot, everything! Layla is my ideal heroine. Her father was a tyrant but she is pure goodness and light. When he dies she escapes the palace with her little sister because she can't stand the prospect of her arranged marriage to a creepy evil sixty year old man. Desperation drives her to find Sheikh Raz Al Zahki her family's greatest enemy and propose him a marriage of convenience.

Even though Layla has lead a very shelte
Dalia
Once again Sarah Morgan proves that she is an amazing author. This book is beautifully written, the storyline compelling, the characters well developed, rich with emotions and complex feelings.
Layla is a sweet heroine. She lived a very sheltered life, her knowledge of the world has only been gained from books. She may appear quiet and shy but she is also practical and brave. After the death of her tyrant father, she is the one that went looking for Raz, the legitimate ruler of her coun
Fiona Marsden
You would think I'd have learned by now. Rule No. One is never start a Sarah Morgan book after midnight. Do not take a quick peak at the first page...do not even read the blurb because you will be sucked into the vortex of passion and romance contained in her books.

You probably have figured out by now I'm sitting here writing the review with bleary eyes after staying up until 2.30am to finish Lost to the Desert Warrior.

The story of Layla and Raz certainly dragged me in right from the start. Layl
Lemon
Patty Pat
Usually I write reviews once I finish reading a book and the words just come out of my mind if the book is very good, but Lost to the Desert Warrior, I did not finish the book but I think I can't wait to write a review.
Let me start with the cover page it so much looks like the princess came to the sheikh for help and the cover picture is amazing for the book which you have written.
Princess Layla is such a lovely character , she is such a sweet and innocent girl who does everything in her hand to
Susan (susayq ~)

I'm just on a roll with my sheikhs. Raz was determined not too love again after his wife died at the hands of his enemy who stole his throne, and he never expected to love his enemy's daughter. But when Layla came to him in the middle of the night and proposed they marry to thwart the ambitions of her fathers friend and jerk, Raz fell deep. Layla's life had been horrible. I'm so glad Raz wanted to take care of her and make sure she was happy :)

all in all, a great way to spend a mornin
Dee

This one didn't quite get to 4 stars for me but was definitely higher than 3.5 and well worth reading. The heroine really stood out for me but I couldn't quite get over the fact that she seemed to be having a jolly time with her new husband whilst her sister was still missing :(

Full review to follow.......

ARC kindly provided by Harlequin via Netgalley
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
Oh my goodness - 25 Stars!!!!!
I loved this book.! Sarah Morgan is an amazing author and her stories and characters are always so well developed and loveable.

Layla is a young princess brought up in a cruel and loveless household. Running for her life - literally, she goes to Raz Al Zahki, the true ruler of her country from whom her father took the crown and Raz' wife. Layla suggests a marriage of political convenience but is totally unprepared for the emotional consequences.

Raz is one of the ho
Aoi
We all talk about a heroine not knowing her own mind. But a hero..?

Sheikh Raz Al Zahki has vowed never to marry or love again, after the sudden death of his beloved wife. But a political marriage to Layla, princess of Tazkhan would give his people stability and fulfill his right to the throne. Unlike the twenty thousand marriage of convenience romances out there, he treats her extremely well. I can go far as saying, he is kind to her and tries being friends.

Errr.. but I can't believe in the U-tu
Sammy
Lovely Mills and Boons story

I rarely read Mills & boons , due to lots of reasons , too cliche , weak characters , not good story , etc etc ... But this one was highly recommended by my sister , so I gave it a shot ... & my i am so happy I did.

I loved the characters ...

The princess was so brave , not in your I-know-how-to-fight-with swords kinda brave , but more of I-am-scared-but-I-will-fight-for-my-sister kinda brave. She was the shy girl , but behind her shyness was the wisdom of he
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
I've been waiting for what I like to call, a sheikh romance, for quite some time now. I've read a few, but none of them I could consider a good read.
Let me start by saying that I was born and raised in the Middle East, so I know the culture, customs and cultural mannerisms. It rare that an author not familiar with it, or researched it extensively "gets it."

I think Sarah Morgan gets it. Or as close to getting it as I found so far.

This story has it all, one (or more?) brutal villain, a bruised a
Nancy Crocker
Lost to the Desert Warrior by Sarah Morgan

There is a reason why Sarah Morgan is a two time Rita Award winner. Her stories take you on a magical trip to far off places. And I found myself out in the desert this time.

There is nothing that Layla, Princess of Tazkhan thinks could be worse in life than marrying Hassan a cruel 60 year old man. So when her father dies unexpectedly and orders on his death bed, that she marry Hassan, Layla takes matters into her own hands and rides into the desert with
Jess the Romanceaholic
I keep flipping between a 3.5 and a 4 for this one, though I am leaning towards a 4. There was just something about the hot smexin before either one even cared for the other that I think bugged me a bit -- I prefer for there to be something more than just chemistry between protagonists before they hop into bed, even (or maybe especially) if it's only on one side.

Still, great story, plenty of heat, and a lovely ending.

3.5-4/5, full review to follow.
Danielle
Andrea Guy
Sarah Morgan is one of the authors for the Presents line that seldom disappoints. When she has a new book out, I always buy it, so when I had the chance to snag the galley of her Sept 2013 release, I grabbed it.

Lost To The Desert Warrior is a typical Presents story...There is a super hot Sheikh and a princess from a middle eastern country. I don't usually like these kinds of stories, however Sarah really has a marvelous way of writing about this locale that makes me long for a Sheikh of my own.

R
Romancereader
I was so looking foward to this book because of all the great reviews it got and because Sarah Morgan is my favourite HP author after the wonderful Sold to the Enemy which was so special.

I hate shiekh stories but I read the ones written by authors I like.

This book has a interesting story and surprisinly it would work as movie. Obviously it needed a longer chapters than given

The hero and heroine were likeable and they did most things the right way so why did I not connect with the romance and wh
Autum
This kind of story is one of my favorites why lie. I read to the synopsis and knew this was a story I would be interested in reading. So here we are Layla's father is dead and her father's successor wants to marry her and send her baby sister away. Layla isn't having it, she and her have not had the best life. Her father was uncaring among other things, she had no intention of them being hurt again. So Layla takes off in the middle of the night with her sister. She seeks out Sheikh Raz, she beli ...more
Ali
Synopsis:
Layla, princess of Tazkhan, is running for her life from an arranged marriage to her hateful fathers successor. Sheikh Raz Al Zahki is the rightful air to the throne and wants nothing more than to bring down Layla's betrothed..even if it means marrying her himself. Over the next two weeks, you'll watch these two learn to trust one another, face more than a few dangerous situations, and eventually, fall in love.

Prosecution:
That cover has so little imagination, it was probably slapped t
Bitten By Love Reviews

This story broke my heart and encouraged me. The strength that Layla had, to risk everything to head off into the desert to find Raz was amazing. At points even though she is an adult I just want to hug her even though she is a fictional character.

When Layla overhears her fathers adviser say that he is going to make Layla his bride, the Princesses form a plan. That is to ride out into the desert and hope they find Raz, who is the enemy of her family. When she finds Raz he says that he will offer
Camy
Really, this is one of the best Harlequin Presents books I've ever read.

I absolutely LOVE the heroine. She is exactly someone I can relate to and respect as a character. She is logical and incredibly brave, and she also has this dark backstory that shows her courage and her love for her sister. She is amazing.

The hero is the usual Presents Alpha male, and while I liked him, he wasn't as interesting to me as the heroine. But he was a good foil for her, considerate and kind and willing to admit wh
Maria Vega
sarah morgan you did it again. shes always my favorite harlequin author. the ferrara series still my favorites and now i add this book in my list. i love this book.

from the start this story really intrigued me, i love layla character shes so fierce and at same time such a loving lady. Raz for me quite alpha male hero. he will always protect his family. its so easy to fall in love with his character. the ending so cheesy but you expected cause this is typical harlequin ending.

i would recommende
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Layla and her sister Yasmin were terrified. She was slated to marry her newly deceased father’s rather evil henchman Hassan so he could assume the crown, and her sister was to be shipped to America to keep her from causing trouble. And it would all happen before her father’s body had time to get cold...Read More
Judith Wright
I usually steer clear of desert stories, but I thought Ms. Morgan did an amazing job with these characters. I loved the growth of the relationship between Raz and Layla.
Lenz
Hmm. I am giving this one 3.5. Love the plot and most esp. the heroine. She's one tough cookie. Fell for her character. The hero on the other hand lacks in what you'll call sweetness and actions. I would have love to read more about him in his pov and the things he would do, the determination to fight his growing feelings for his forced wife. Sigh. The twist/climax is a bit rushed. There were no fight or something and it felt like the 'dog' was even more important than Layla. HAHAHA.

Anyways, it
Marina Andreou
Δεν ξερω γιατι παντα περιμενω απο καποιες συγκεκριμενες συγραφεις πιο ψηλα τον πηχη...νευριαζω αμα στα βιβλια..αναφερουν καποιο ας πουμε που εχει πεθανει με τα σκληροτερα λογια.Και η Λαιλα αναφερει οτι ο πατερας της ηταν σκληρος.Οκ ειναι αλλοι πολιτισμοι αλλα εθιμα αλλα ως εκει.Ειχε γρηγορη πλοκη...με αγχωνε σε καποια σημεια.Απο την μια περνουν τα αλογα κρυφα με την αδελφη της και μετα οταν γυριζω σελιδα εμφανιζεται σκονισμενη στον Σειχη Ραζ και λεει οτι εχασε την αδελφη της.Εκεινη η σκηνη που ε ...more
Ana Luisa

Unbelievable! There really is a reason why I love this kind of stories so much. I don’t exactly know how to explain it, but all Harlequin Romances whose stories have something to do with deserts and sheiks make me feel intrigued and, somehow, I simply just can’t resist reading them.
Sarah Morgan created an amazing story, with a strong plot and realistic details. Although part of the action takes place in the desert, she quickly changed it to a big house whe
Cinzia
The Sheikh in the desert has always his charm and the story told in this book is very well written and both the characters are characterised very well.

"Walking into the lion's den unprotected, Princess?" For Layla, princess of Tazkhan, her arranged marriage means one thing—a lifetime of cruelty and captivity. Such an unendurable prospect drives her to throw herself at the mercy of Sheikh Raz Al Zahki—her family's greatest enemy!

Raz demands one thing in return for the safe haven Layla is seeking—
Katarina (D-Bags! Griffin and Kellan <3 ) Silva
Katy's Book Blog

I Must say that stories about princesses and kingdoms are not my thing because they are too melodramatic but this book had a good synopsis and I decided to give it a try. Needless to say it blew me away. Loved it and Raz and layla are my new it-couple and I want more!

"Walking into the lion's den unprotected, Princess?"

During twenty three long years Layla was put through her father's manipulative ways along with her baby sister which she tried to protect at all costs even if it m
  • The Sheikh's Prize (A Bride For A Billionaire #2)
  • Princess in the Iron Mask
  • Never Say No to a Caffarelli (Those Scandalous Caffarellis, #1)
  • Cassandra by Chance
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • The Tender Stranger (Silhouette Desire, #230)
  • His Ring Is Not Enough (Holt Sisters #1)
  • Imprisoned by a Vow
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • The Sultan's Choice
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes hot, happy contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated four years in succession for the prestigious RITA© Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice, in 2012 and 2013. She also won the RT Reviewers' Choice Award in 2012 and has made n
More about Sarah Morgan...
Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1) Doukakis's Apprentice Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1) Ripped (Miller Sisters, #1) A Night of Scandal (Bad Blood, #1)