Start by marking “Las Palabras De Amor - Words of Love” as Want to Read:
Las Palabras De Amor - Words of Love

Las Palabras De Amor - Words of Love (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
That’s us… Danilo and I, on our last night together. A few hours after I took this photo Danilo got the phone call that his wife had gone into labor, we had agreed that when the baby was born we would finally go our own way. A week later I left for my Peace Corps mission in Africa.
That was two and a half years ago, now I’m back in the neighborhood and it’s like
Published August 16th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Las Palabras De Amor - Words of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Las Palabras De Amor - Words of Love

Exina
Lucas Winston and Danilo Torres were best friends and lovers, until Lucas, tired with being Danilo’s dirty little secret and heartbroken by Danilo getting married and having a baby, left two years ago.

Now Lucas is back, and Danilo wants him to meet his son. More than that, Danilo wants him back.

A life-long love squeezed into a short story. The writing is descriptive and factual – not really enjoyable.

An okay story, but far from sastisfying.
Alona
Jul 29, 2014 Alona rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, short
2.5 stars.
It had a lot of potential, I love "Friends to Lovers" and even more when it is childhood friends to lovers, but the problem was that it was like reading a report.
I actually really liked both MC's, and I'm a sucker for m/m romance books with kids, it always brings out tenderness from the men and... Well, I love it!
Bev
Yes, it's the old non-communication problem again between Dani & Lucas. As his homophobic father has already nearly killed him once, Danilo tries to protect everyone he loves by pretending he isn't gay....unfortunately the repercussions of his action affect more lives than just his own and Lucas'. As usual, a well written story from K-Lee, another one from the LHNB event which I missed....but that has now been rectified, and will be a keeper. 4 stars from me, enjoyed it.
Deeze
Aug 21, 2013 Deeze rated it liked it
Shelves: quick-easy-reads
More a 2.5

I was eager to read this one as it hit a lot of my like buttons. I love ex's and jealousy and kids and grovelling and I thought that was what I was going to get. But sadly it never played out the way I expected.

I never felt connected to Lucas or Danilo. There was too much telling of the past and not enough letting us see them as a couple. The best way I can describe it, is it was like reading the end of a book, things were explained and everything tidied up neatly but I felt I missed o
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Nov 16, 2013 Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion rated it really liked it
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion by: Stacey Jo
Shelves: menz, freebies-n-fics
Oh the angst…

I think it's official, I'm a total sap &, possibly, a sentimental fool. Normally, I'm fundamentally opposed to infidelity yet, here it was presented in such a way that I actually felt badly for both Dani & Lucas. I admit it, it was probably the angst that won me over. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the angst. Plus, I feel like the majority of their mistakes can, in part, be attributed to youth & immaturity. All that coupled with my propensity to root for the underdog o
K
Aug 16, 2013 K rated it really liked it
Shelves: dritc
LHNB Story 16.8.13
Just reaching 4.5 stars
Really well written story of reunited lovers and family. Lucas and Danilo have been lovers through college and beyond, only their relationship is kept hidden and Danilo has an girlfriend, Mira. When Mira becomes pregnant Danilo "does the right thing" and marries her, but it isn't until the day their son is born that Lucas breaks their relationship - by joining the peace core. Two years later Lucas returns home, but finds that Danilo's family hasn't worked
M'rella
Danilo et al are forgiven too easily. What's with all the conspiracy? Sadistic much? The poor guy lived 2 years of his life away from his country and his family, lonely and miserable, without knowing that the love of his life DID love him and care for him (though at some point I started seriously doubting it).
I had to give a star for the proper use of foreign language. Not too many authors can say that they did.
3.5 stars.
K-lee Klein
Aug 18, 2013 K-lee Klein marked it as wrote-it  ·  (Review from the author)
Available to be read online at the M/M Romance Group here --> http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

and also available for download here --> http://www.mmromancegroup.com/?p=93309
Shelby P
Aug 24, 2013 Shelby P rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, cheating, kids
This story kept me engaged the entire time. I was first drawn to the title of the novella. I was expecting a more sappy read with a title like "Las Palabras De Amor" but this wasn't sappy at all. Maybe we'd get some sweet nothings in Spanish. Nope.

There was a lot of telling instead of showing but I was still intrigued by the story. I'm confused as to why Lucas was taken in by his grandmother at 17. What happened to his parents? It was nice that Mira wasn't a villain in this story.
GlamLawyer
Aug 21, 2016 GlamLawyer rated it it was ok
Around 2.5 stars.
This story is a good example why some stories don't work when they're too short. This would have been a great book if it wasn't a shortened but everything written out. Just imagining the angst and heartbreak... oh yes! The rushed writing was especially weird when the kid was pulled between them. It was just too fast. And while I know that sometimes kids can connect very fast, usually they still stay reserved. That was a plot line that didn't go well down with me.
Lauren
4.5 stars - I really loved this! It was a great read and very emotional. It definitely packed a punch for such a short story - I was nearly in tears a couple of times! I love emotional and angsty stories, and this one definitely qualifies. It was also really sweet, too. This was really well written and just such a beautiful story - thanks so much to K-lee Klein for donating her time and her talent to the LHNB event :)
Adriana
Sep 20, 2013 Adriana rated it liked it

I like the proper use of spanish.

I don't like that (view spoiler)
Maria
Dec 21, 2015 Maria rated it it was ok
Nah.

I love the "friends-to-lovers"-trope. Reunited couples are a very special theme if you can pull it off just right. And while I don't fully believe in warmed-up relationships in real life, I like to read about them in my romance books. What can I say? I'm not choosing this genre for reality factor.

But this one was too much for me. Everything happened waaaay too fast and too easy. I didn't buy the love, I didn't buy the forgiveness and I got really annoyed when they even got the kid involved
Ana
Aug 20, 2014 Ana rated it did not like it
Shelves: free-ebooks
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 6. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

Anyone else think it's creepy to name your son after an old lover?
Katharina
Mar 01, 2014 Katharina rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
3.5

Very cute, a little angsty but not too much. I liked the writing and plot in general - I just think that the last part was a little bit rushed. I mean, I like my HEAs, don't get me wrong, but Lucas went a little bit too quickly from (view spoiler) to (view spoiler). It's a matter of minutes really and that seemed... odd.

I'd round down normall
Katy Beth Mckee
Sep 06, 2013 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Very powerful story of Lucas and Danilo. They cared for each other but it seemed that Danilo picked a different path and Lucas left to let him get on with his life. But Lucas returns to find out everything he expected turns out to be turned upside down. Now he has to decide what he wants to do. I appreciate that this story didn't just gloss over how Lucas really has to process everything that happened and make hard decisions.
Raisa
3.5 sweet stars!

this story was a perfect read for a good afternoon nookie!, liked it but didn't liked how lucas forgave danilo so easily... i mean lucas did loved dani with all his heart,body,mind and soul! but danilo just kept him like his dirty secret all those years! i liked that they forgave each other ,but i would've loved to see dani working hard to get lucas back a lil bit more!

but loved it anyways! :)
Heather
Aug 13, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, m-m, lhnb
Opps. I didn't read the prompt. I'm on a LHNB binge trying to get through the stories before the LL comes out.
But, I don't do cheating. Not at all. It's a hard limit for me.

I realize the prompt was about cheating, so my opinion doesn't reflect against the authors story.

I even did read the whole story. I did enjoy the authors writing.
I just can't do cheating. Sorry.
Rachel
I really, really loved this. So emotional and real...I liked that there was so much angst and emotion over Dani's decisions with Mira and Luca, it wasn't just simple...and Mira was likable and real, not some crazy woman who couldn't take care of a kid. This was really sweet and a great story, thank you!
Seiran
I really liked this book, and it pushed all my buttons. But as other reviewers have stated, this story has a lot of telling going on, and it is all done in past tense, which I don't mind, just not throughout the whole story. I really wish there was more showing of their present relationship. This does not make it a bad story by any means, it's just something I would have preferred.
Meggie
Aug 24, 2013 Meggie rated it liked it
Shelves: shorts, romance
This shorty is emotionally draining, nonetheless really well written. Danilo and Lucas story was typically dramatic for two teen gay boys who changed their status from Friends to Lovers. Ending is romantic and sweet. I liked it.
Melanie~~
I enjoyed this sweet story. I appreciated Danilo's patience with Lucas.

[NOTE: I rate most writing event stories (free reads) 4 or 5 stars because of my appreciation of the author's participation.]
Ameena
Loved it , very beautiful story , glad that lucas and danilo finally had their happy ending and family, wish for hot reunion sex but overall I really enjoyed the story and all those beautiful emotions. Great job and amazing writing. Thank you so much K-Lee!
Sara Bunch
Aug 28, 2013 Sara Bunch rated it it was amazing
I know it's short, but I've read other stories by K-Lee Klein and I love them. The guys are so sweet and real. The emotions felt real and the connection felt true.
Victoria
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this sweet and touching story and the characters. Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you K-lee Klein for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Kevin
Jan 30, 2014 Kevin rated it liked it
This was a heart-wrenching story. I really wanted to like it more, but some of the dialog I had to read several times and it still didn't quite make sense.
Maggie
Maggie rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2013
cmbookdiva
cmbookdiva rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2013
  • Smartass
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Closure
  • Red
K-lee Klein loves guys with long hair and tattoos, and you’ll often find her front and center at her favorite rock concerts. She has bounced around Western Canada all her life, but will always consider the solitude and beauty of the British Columbian mountains home. Her life is blessed as the proud mother of three now-grown but still spoiled kids, the servant of two bossy felines, and the wife of ...more
More about K-lee Klein...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix