Start by marking “Stealing Polina” as Want to Read:
Stealing Polina

Stealing Polina

H is a businessman who will go to any lengths to get what he wants—no matter the consequence. When Polina, a new company intern, captures his attention, H will do whatever it takes to claim her as his own. Will the dazzling big city become the perfect backdrop for seduction, or will Polina fight against her boss’s dark desires?

Revisit the classic myth of Hades and Persepho
ebook
Published August 16th 2013 by Ishtar Press (first published August 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Stealing Polina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stealing Polina

Katie
Dec 29, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This novella is a modern retelling of the Persephone/Hades myth, which happens to be one of my favorites. That being said, I was expecting a lot from this story, and it absolutely delivered.
"Stealing Polina" is very well-written and an interesting take on something almost everyone is familiar with. I think my favorite part of this story is the clever references to the original myth. Every name calls to mind the original character. (The Hades character is referred to only as H, but Zeus is Zach
Jamie White
Sep 09, 2013 Jamie White rated it really liked it
When I was in sixth grade, I was introduced to the myth of Hades and Persephone. It was a fascinating story that caught my attention and has stuck with me ever since.

When I found out this story was a modern re-telling, I was hooked right away. I picked up a copy and dove right in. H is an intriguing character. He does bad things, but there is that little bit of goodness in him to keep him in the "love to hate" rather than "hate" category.

Villano stayed true to the heart of the myth while addin
Laura DeLuca
Aug 18, 2013 Laura DeLuca rated it it was amazing

Stealing Polina is fun short read that brings the story of Hades in the twenty-first century. In this story, H is the leader of an underworld of a different sort--the underworld of organized crime. Polina is the innocent young intern who catches his eye and softens his heart. H sets out to seduce her, but his motherly secretary as well as his own bad boy reputation stand in his way.

Stealing Polina is a beautifully written short with characters that spring to life from the pages. The authors doe
Crystal
Nov 11, 2013 Crystal rated it liked it
I felt that this story had a great story leading up to something but it just fell flat to me. I felt that it was missing something. Maybe if it had been longer and went into more detail I would've like it more.
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2014
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2015
Gabriele
Gabriele rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2013
Angie Mroczka
Angie Mroczka rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2013
Jessica Going
Jessica Going rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Eliana
Eliana rated it did not like it
Jun 29, 2016
Timmie
Timmie rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2013
Emily Verona
Emily Verona marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Alyson
Alyson marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2013
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Laura Mendoza
Laura Mendoza marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Kathleen Kuhn
Kathleen Kuhn marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
Danielle Villano
Nov 06, 2013 Danielle Villano added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Dolores Sleutel
Dolores Sleutel marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Chitradurga Banerjee
Chitradurga Banerjee marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Poonam
Poonam marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Ryan Ram
Ryan Ram marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Porcha
Porcha marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Danielle Villano is a New Jersey native living in New York City. She is a graduate of SUNY Purchase, where she studied creative writing. Danielle is currently editing a YA novel about Hollywood, superstition, and donuts. She is represented by Brent Taylor of Triada US.
More about Danielle Villano...