Midnight Masquerade

Midnight Masquerade (The Louisiana Ladies #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Set in the lush green splendor of Louisiana horse country in 1812, this is the story of a tempestuous love between the fiercely independent Melissa Seymour and the devilishly irresistible Dominic Slade. Crossing verbal swords from the moment they meet, both deny their desires with a dangerous duel of words. But as war between the United States and Britain rages, and treach...more
Published August 14th 1988 by Avon Books (first published February 26th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Masquerade

Tammy Walton Grant
DNF -- I just don't like these as much as I used to. And the combination of Big Mis and "I hate you/I love you/I'll give you the silent treatment" was just too much for me.
Regan Walker
Love in Louisiana in 1814 as the Battle of New Orleans Approaches!

I love Shirlee Busbee’s romances because I know I’m going to diving into a deep story, one with rich details in the descriptions of places, people, food and history, woven together like a tapestry, providing a great background for her captivating love stories. This one is no different. Her seventh novel, it tells an intriguing tale of love in the time of the War of 1812 (referred to by its opponents as “Madison’s War”).

Set in Loui...more
Regan Walker
Love in Louisiana in 1814 as the Battle of New Orleans Approaches!

I love Shirlee Busbee’s romances because I know I’m going to diving into a deep story, one with rich details in the descriptions of places, people, food and history, woven together like a tapestry, providing a great background for her captivating love stories. This one is no different. Her seventh novel, it tells an intriguing tale of love in the time of the War of 1812 (“Madison’s War”).

Set in Louisiana, beginning in the spring o...more
Bladelor
Bon, dans le genre romances, y a mieux.... et y a pire aussi ! Bref, un roman sympathique mais pas inoubliable. Et puis l'héroïne est un peu trop nunuche à mon goût. Bon, ça m'aura procuré un moment de détente, c'est déjà ça ! ;-)
Tracyk
Not as good as the 1st book in the series but i still liked it. The usual big mis-understanding non communication.

The one negative thing about this book are the grammar mistakes.
Macaron
quite disappointing. Expected something better for Dominic Slade. Farfetched twists in the plot, improbable situations.
Kassie
Another good story by Busbee.....keep them coming!!!!
Shelley
Alyse
Alyse marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Ashe
Ashe marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Natalie Ryabenko
Natalie Ryabenko marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Amy Klima
Amy Klima marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Andria
Andria marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Shirlee Elaine was born 9 August 1941 in San Jose, California, USA. She was the first daughter of a career naval officer, later she had two sisters and three brothers, they raised traveling the world. She went to the institute in Kentri, Morocco, after which she returned to California and she went to Burbank Bussines College of Santa Rosa, where she received a certificate in 1962.

Shirlee married w...more
More about Shirlee Busbee...
Lady Vixen Gypsy Lady Deceive Not My Heart While Passion Sleeps Scandal Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #1)