Start by marking “Midnight Masquerade (Louisiana #6)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Masquerade (Louisiana #6)

Midnight Masquerade (Louisiana #6)

Set in the lush green splendor of Louisiana horse country in 1812, this is the story of a tempestuous love between the fiercely independent Melissa Seymour and the devilishly irresistible Dominic Slade. Crossing verbal swords from the moment they meet, both deny their desires with a dangerous duel of words. But as war between the United States and Britain rages, and treach ...more
Published August 14th 1988 by Avon Books (first published February 26th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Masquerade

Tammy Walton Grant
DNF -- I just don't like these as much as I used to. And the combination of Big Mis and "I hate you/I love you/I'll give you the silent treatment" was just too much for me.
Éride
Jul 08, 2016 Éride rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Reseña de CARNAVAL DE MEDIANOCHE
Carnaval de medianoche es una novela romántica escrita por Shirlee Busbee en el año 1990. El libro es de edición bolsillo y cuenta con 540 páginas.
La novela pertenece a la serie “Señoritas de Louisiana” pero puede leerse por separado sin que eso influya en la comprensión de la lectura. Esta es la sexta entrega y cuenta la historia de amor entre Melissa y Dominic. Ella es una joven agobiada profundamente por las deudas que le dejó su padre, y él un hombre rico y mu
Judith Sherrod
Feb 19, 2017 Judith Sherrod rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining romp

Dominic and Lissa relate to one another in a kind of skirmish to begin with. Her uncle has painted Dom as a rake and not to be trusted libertine. . Lissa is in disguise as a frump. The two dance around each other until passion puts paid to their odd dance ends in marriage. Both aware of the other but afraid to trust leads them on a race to help their country and find the love they are both feeling.
Regan Walker
Jun 16, 2012 Regan Walker rated it really liked it
Love in Louisiana in 1814 as the Battle of New Orleans Approaches!

I love Shirlee Busbee’s romances because I know I’m going to diving into a deep story, one with rich details in the descriptions of places, people, food and history, woven together like a tapestry, providing a great background for her captivating love stories. This one is no different. Her seventh novel, it tells an intriguing tale of love in the time of the War of 1812 (“Madison’s War”).

Set in Louisiana, beginning in the spring o
Regan Walker
Mar 27, 2014 Regan Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love in Louisiana in 1814 as the Battle of New Orleans Approaches!

I love Shirlee Busbee’s romances because I know I’m going to diving into a deep story, one with rich details in the descriptions of places, people, food and history, woven together like a tapestry, providing a great background for her captivating love stories. This one is no different. Her seventh novel, it tells an intriguing tale of love in the time of the War of 1812 (referred to by its opponents as “Madison’s War”).

Set in Loui
Lyndsay
Apr 24, 2015 Lyndsay rated it liked it
Although the whole idea of the story is beautiful and I am fascinated with Melissa & Dominic,.. I can't help but think that some parts of the story are happening in a slow motion because of the elaborated and sometimes unnecessary description of 'everything' which I also sometimes find a little bit boring. But it is a good story though :)
Bladelor
Bon, dans le genre romances, y a mieux.... et y a pire aussi ! Bref, un roman sympathique mais pas inoubliable. Et puis l'héroïne est un peu trop nunuche à mon goût. Bon, ça m'aura procuré un moment de détente, c'est déjà ça ! ;-)
Tracyk
Feb 26, 2014 Tracyk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the 1st book in the series but i still liked it. The usual big mis-understanding non communication.

The one negative thing about this book are the grammar mistakes.
Macaron
quite disappointing. Expected something better for Dominic Slade. Farfetched twists in the plot, improbable situations.
María José
Creo que es por la traduccion que no me gusta... Le resta bastante
Kassie
Jan 23, 2012 Kassie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good story by Busbee.....keep them coming!!!!
Lis'Anne Harris
Lis'Anne Harris rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2012
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2009
Soo
Soo rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Eva Telbrant
Eva Telbrant rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2017
Mallorys
Mallorys rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Andie
Andie rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2011
Irene
Irene rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2017
Alvarez
Alvarez rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2011
Renee
Renee rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2012
lindy blanks
lindy blanks rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Carmen Jover perez
Carmen Jover perez rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Sofia B
Sofia B rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Ptitepuce
Ptitepuce rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2012
Maggie
Maggie rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~*
Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2009
Don Fisher
Don Fisher rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016
Leslie Crawley
Leslie Crawley rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Bold Breathless Love
  • And Gold Was Ours (Aguilar's Fate, #2)
  • Fire & Ice
  • Dark Before the Rising Sun (Dominick, #3)
  • Moss Rose
  • Angel in Scarlet
  • First Love Wild Love
  • Fair is the Rose
  • The Taming (Cameron, #1)
  • The Wanton
Shirlee Elaine was born 9 August 1941 in San Jose, California, USA. She was the first daughter of a career naval officer, later she had two sisters and three brothers, they raised traveling the world. She went to the institute in Kentri, Morocco, after which she returned to California and she went to Burbank Bussines College of Santa Rosa, where she received a certificate in 1962.

Shirlee married w
More about Shirlee Busbee...

Louisiana (8 books)
  • Gypsy Lady (Louisiana #1)
  • The Tiger Lily (Louisiana, #2)
  • Deceive Not My Heart (Louisiana, #3)
  • Each Time We Love (Louisiana, #4)
  • Lady Vixen (Louisiana, #5)
  • Whisper to Me of Love (Louisiana, #7)
  • While Passion Sleeps (Louisiana #8)