Start by marking “Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)” as Want to Read:
Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)

Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  8,091 ratings  ·  1,016 reviews
Bonus novella included: Crossing the Line.

Acclaimed author Katie McGarry returns with the knockout new story of two high school seniors who are about to learn what winning really means.

Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor.
Published May 27th 2014 by Harlequin TEEN

To ask other readers questions about Take Me On, please sign up.

Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
84th out of 2,195 books — 9,780 voters
Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanBreakable by Tammara WebberTwisted by Emma ChaseBefore Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young
2014 Romantic Releases (Jan-May)
16th out of 703 books — 2,580 voters

More lists with this book...

Feb 20, 2014 Jennifer marked it as to-read
I was hoping for Ethan and Abby but I like West too. *Crossing my fingers that Abby & Ethan will be book 5!!!*
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
description

OMG!! I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK!!! MORE PUSHING THE LIMITS!!!

description

AND IT'S ABOUT WEST!!! WEEEST!!!!

I NEED THIS BOOK. NOW!!!

Christy
4.5 Worth Fighting For stars!

photo c7847b84-e630-4143-a0f8-4ffc401a2010_zps1fb4c90b.jpg

Katie McGarry’s Pushing the Limit’s series is one of my favorite YA series. All her books are emotionally charged romances with leading characters who have so much to overcome. Take Me On is no exception. After meeting West Young in the last book, I was excited to hear he was getting his own book. West and Haley’s story wasn’t easy to read at times, both had serious and very real struggles.

Meet Haley and West...

photo bfba3abb-19a0-4876-8cfe-bf43d8860d0d_zpsd17b27f3.jpg

Haley is a fighter. She’s from the same school as Isa
Teresa Mary Rose
Nov 18, 2014 Teresa Mary Rose marked it as to-read
Shelves: playing-catch-up
MORE....WE GET MORE?!?!?!?! BEST... NEWS....EVER! This calls for a gif and not just any gif, but a Loki gif!

/></center>
Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥
4 Fighting Stars

photo takemeoncollage.png

“Don’t think of it as falling. Think of it as jumping- with me.”
“How is jumping better?”
“Falling happens. Jumping you choose.”

Haley is a fighter. At least, she was. Lately she hasn't gone anywhere near the ring and hasn't been in a gym in over six months. Plus, everything with her family is going to hell. After picking up her father's meds, she gets jumped on the way home, and an unlikely person comes to her aid.

West Young has just been expelled from his private school fo
Tanvira
THAT COVER IS STUNNING!! BEST COVER SO FAR ^o^ ^o^ I was really hoping for another one of the Pushing the Limits books and here we are!! ^u^ But, if we continue at this rate, I want more, Kates. MORE! For example, I need:
1. Ethan's story
2. Abby's story
3. Logan's story
4. ^Significant relatives or friend's stories
5. Whenever you decide that the Pushing the Limits Series is done for good, I want a novella where all the characters come together with their lovers. It doesn't have to be anything huge
Angela (:
I love West, but I thought it would be Ethan and Abby, because come on, they're seriously cute. Logan and Abby would be cute too, actually. EVERYONE'S CUTE.

BUT I'M STILL SO EXCITED. LIKE I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU JUST HOW EXITED I AM.

Please release faster. I need more of my favorite people.

From Katie's blog:
This is the fourth full length novel in the Pushing the Limits series and will be released on May 27th. This follows the story of West, Rachel's brother from Crash Into You. Isaiah, Rachel, Ethan
Scarlet
Just because I'm a girly girl (today) let it be 5 stars review...
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Tanja: This is yet another book my girl Glass and I got to read together. But this time we had a support in Nick @Nick's Book Blog. She already posted her review and you can check it out here. Now Glass start!

Glass: Fourth book in Pushing The Limits series - and please, Harlequin, don't make it be the last - was so good. So good! I think we were is swooning frenzy whole time we had been reading. Want to know why? Okay here we go.

All the reasons we think Hale

Sandra_23

||UPDATE||
02-06-2014

Ow, just ow!!
This book took me by surprise and completely exceed my expectations (granted, they werent that high to start with but still!) It made the impossible: if anyone had said me a week ago- hell a day ago!- that I would end up liking, actually genuinely liking and admiring!, WESTON YOUNG I would have laughed it up and call them crazy. But after this book... ow! My opinion of him has drastically changed for the better... I may even have fallen a little in love with West
Glass
(Buddy review with Tanja)

Glass: Fourth book in Pushing The Limits series - and please, Harlequin, don't make it be the last - was so good. So good! I think we were in swooning frenzy whole time we had been reading. Want to know why? Okay, here we go.

All the reasons we think Haley is awesom
Varsha
This is definitely the best in the series. Loved every bit of this book.

My first early signed copy. YAY! :D

Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Pages read: 116

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the death of my love for the Pushing the Limits series. Apparently Crash Into You was the last gasp of affection. Take Me On has no problems that the previous installments didn't, but I think I'm just over the formula now. I'm not sucked in and I'm definitely rolling my eyes instead of swooning despite myself as I did before.

I'm tired of the bad boys with hearts of gooey melted cheese. I'm tired of the heroine who hasn't laug
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

I'm running out of praises to throw at Katie McGarry. This is yet again another brilliantly woven story and contained a swoon-worthy romance. Despite the quibbles I have with these novels, she's still one of my favourite authors.

I'm starting to feel like the characters are overlapping one and another. What I mean by this is that some of the characters feel like they've taken parts of someone else that we've already read about in previous instalments,
Aneeqah
Another Katie McGarry book done right. Does she ever disappoint??
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Take Me On Review on K-Books

"She and I are like two separate halves to a whole. Separate in that two of us could live life apart sf be successful, but when we are together - when we are whole - that's when the magic begins."

Having devoured all 3 of the Pushing the Limits books so far I couldn't wait to get my hands on Take Me On, the fourth installment in the series. I fell in love with West in Crash Into You in the small glimpses we got of him and so when I found out that this would be West's
Kassidy
Katie McGarry does it again.
I'm officially obsessed with Katie McGarry and her books. I love these characters so much!! West and Haley have a beautiful romance and relationship. I loved seeing them work through everything together. Their story really pulled at my heart strings and definitely made me tear up. I love how Katie McGarry can make her characters feel so real! I genuinely feel like I know both West and Haley, it's so crazy. I want another book about the rest of their lives haha!
Devyani
Feb 28, 2014 Devyani marked it as to-read

HOLY SHIT. LOOK AT THAT ARM ON THAT DUDE.
KenHeartsBooks
Nov 07, 2013 KenHeartsBooks marked it as to-read
Monica Murphy
I can't believe I never reviewed this book...

I am a huge Katie McGarry fan girl and she knows this. Her editor knows it too. In fact, I shamelessly asked for an early read of TAKE ME ON and her editor was kind enough to send it to me. I started it right away and of course, Katie didn't disappoint! This book is awesome!

My favorite thing about a Katie McGarry book? The way she tortures her characters. Seriously, I always think, "How can it get any worse? OMG how are they going to get past this?!"
Georgia
Hmm I'm not going to rate this just yet...

~~~~~

I'd really like Ethan and Abby's story after this, but I guess West's story will do.

Just kidding, I'll read anything this woman writes.

Elena
Jan 22, 2014 Elena marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-could-die-for
I like West but I need Abby and Logan's story.

I NEED MORE LOGAN AND ABBY.
Elena Love
Feb 21, 2014 Elena Love marked it as to-read
Not a big fan of the cover...
Nikki
Did my copy get shorted an epi or perhaps an ending? Definitely abrupt when you are kinda put through the ringer the entire book. I almost knocked it down to 3 stars just for that.

So that is my 1st thought :) Overall, this was a pretty good book. It was a bit darker than a lot of YA reads but pretty much in line with the rest of this series in terms of kids dealing with shit...lots of shit.

This book was no exception. Both Haley and West have troubled pasts. And don't get me wrong, I felt for Wes
Lori Foster
Absolutely phenomenal. My new personal favorite by Katie McGarry.
West, the young hero, is just amazing, portrayed so real that you want to crawl through the pages and tell him it'll all work out, that he's man enough to see it so, and just plain visit with him. He's wounded but strong, vulnerable but determined, and the boy has heart. Loads and loads of heart. Plus enough cocky attitude and strength, both emotional and physical, to make him a young heartthrob. Oh, and he's soooo loyal to his sib
Polly
Ending was pretty abrupt with no Epi so I really didn't feel like it was a complete story. It ended at 83% on my kindle.
I did love West though, just wish I felt closure at the end.
Danny
Brilliant and it goes directly to your heart.
But to be honest, I didn't expect anything else from Katie McGarry.
I freaking loved West!!!!!

There are some scenes that left me sobbing!
Nick

Katie McGarry is one of those authors whose books I never mind reading despite sometimes not enjoying the actual characters (Dare You To for example). There is something almost magical about her writing style because it pulls you in from the first page and keeps a tight leash on you. I've read all four books in the Pushing the Limits series and I think Take Me On might be my favorite of all four.

Katie McGarry has a knack for writing characters who are troubled or have troubled pasts. Yes, I admi
Rose
Feb 20, 2014 Rose marked it as to-read
Holy crud, since when did this get a cover?

*approves*

I'm looking forward to reading it (though I'm shipping Ethan and Abby.

What? I'm serious. =P)
  • Total Possession (Wild Cards, #2)
  • Racing Savannah
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
  • Played (Hooked, #2)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Stir Me Up
  • Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Tease (The Ivy Chronicles, #2)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
  • Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)
  • The Rules for Breaking (The Rules for Disappearing, #2)
  • All Lined Up (Rusk University, #1)
  • Boys Like You
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Heartbeat
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • Until the End (Sea Breeze, #9)
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebo
More about Katie McGarry...

Pushing the Limits (4 books)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3) Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1) Red at Night

“Don’t think of it as falling. Think of it as jumping- with me.”

“How is jumping better?”

“Falling happens. Jumping you choose.”
42 likes
“I'm in love with you. I'm in love with you and I don't know how to make you feel better. I'm in love with you and I shouldn't be. I'm in love with you and once you figure out who I am, you're not going to love me. I'm in love with you and I seem to fuck up the ones who love me back.” 37 likes