Start by marking “Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)” as Want to Read:
Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)

Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  11,524 Ratings  ·  1,235 Reviews
Bonus novella included: Crossing the Line.

Acclaimed author Katie McGarry returns with the knockout new story of two high school seniors who are about to learn what winning really means.

Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor.
Published May 27th 2014 by Harlequin TEEN

To ask other readers questions about Take Me On, please sign up.

Anusha Not really. It obviously helps if you've read the previous ones but this could be read as a standalone too.
Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
82nd out of 2,195 books — 9,799 voters
Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanBreakable by Tammara WebberTwisted by Emma ChaseBe with Me by J. Lynn
2014 Romantic Releases (Jan-May)
17th out of 523 books — 2,664 voters

More lists with this book...

Sep 10, 2016 Jennifer marked it as to-read
I was hoping for Ethan and Abby but I like West too. *Crossing my fingers that Abby & Ethan will be book 5!!!*
Christy
4.5 Worth Fighting For stars!

photo c7847b84-e630-4143-a0f8-4ffc401a2010_zps1fb4c90b.jpg

Katie McGarry’s Pushing the Limit’s series is one of my favorite YA series. All her books are emotionally charged romances with leading characters who have so much to overcome. Take Me On is no exception. After meeting West Young in the last book, I was excited to hear he was getting his own book. West and Haley’s story wasn’t easy to read at times, both had serious and very real struggles.

Meet Haley and West...

photo bfba3abb-19a0-4876-8cfe-bf43d8860d0d_zpsd17b27f3.jpg

Haley is a fighter. She’s from the same school as Isa
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
description

OMG!! I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS BOOK!!! MORE PUSHING THE LIMITS!!!

description

AND IT'S ABOUT WEST!!! WEEEST!!!!

I NEED THIS BOOK. NOW!!!

Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

So I seriously don’t know why I didn’t read this book sooner. I meant to pick it up when it first came out, but then life and other books got in the way. But, holy crap I just adored this book. I never thought I would say this because Pushing The Limits has always been my favorite, but Take Me On has just stolen that top spot. I loved this book. I loved West. I loved Haley. I loved everything about it.

Haley is awesome. I can’t even explain how much
Irena
Mar 31, 2016 Irena rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars!

In this, fourth novel in Pushing the Limits series (that can be read as a stanalone) we follow Haley and West.

The story is written in first person, switching from Haley's to West's POV.

Haley's life is not an easy one. After her father lost his job and her family lost the roof over their heads, they moved to her uncle's house. Living with her uncle is not easy. He has strict rules they all have to obey and he verbally abuses them on regural basis.
Some time before, Haley was a kickbox ch
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 Fighting Stars

photo takemeoncollage.png

“Don’t think of it as falling. Think of it as jumping- with me.”
“How is jumping better?”
“Falling happens. Jumping you choose.”

Haley is a fighter. At least, she was. Lately she hasn't gone anywhere near the ring and hasn't been in a gym in over six months. Plus, everything with her family is going to hell. After picking up her father's meds, she gets jumped on the way home, and an unlikely person comes to her aid.

West Young has just been expelled from his private school fo
Tanvira
THAT COVER IS STUNNING!! BEST COVER SO FAR ^o^ ^o^ I was really hoping for another one of the Pushing the Limits books and here we are!! ^u^ But, if we continue at this rate, I want more, Kates. MORE! For example, I need:
1. Ethan's story
2. Abby's story
3. Logan's story
4. ^Significant relatives or friend's stories
5. Whenever you decide that the Pushing the Limits Series is done for good, I want a novella where all the characters come together with their lovers. It doesn't have to be anything huge
Angela
Jul 15, 2015 Angela marked it as to-read
SO IN LOVE WITH THE COVER. Like, woah.
Scarlet
Just because I'm a girly girl (today) let it be 5 stars review...
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Tanja: This is yet another book my girl Glass and I got to read together. But this time we had a support in Nick @Nick's Book Blog. She already posted her review and you can check it out here. Now Glass start!

Glass: Fourth book in Pushing The Limits series - and please, Harlequin, don't make it be the last - was so good. So good! I think we were is swooning frenzy whole time we had been reading. Want to know why? Okay here we go.

All the reasons we think Hale

Sandra_23

||UPDATE||
02-06-2014

Ow, just ow!!
This book took me by surprise and completely exceed my expectations (granted, they werent that high to start with but still!) It made the impossible: if anyone had said me a week ago- hell a day ago!- that I would end up liking, actually genuinely liking and admiring!, WESTON YOUNG I would have laughed it up and call them crazy. But after this book... ow! My opinion of him has drastically changed for the better... I may even have fallen a little in love with West
Glass
(Buddy review with Tanja)

Glass: Fourth book in Pushing The Limits series - and please, Harlequin, don't make it be the last - was so good. So good! I think we were in swooning frenzy whole time we had been reading. Want to know why? Okay, here we go.

All the reasons we think Haley is awesom
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Pages read: 116

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the death of my love for the Pushing the Limits series. Apparently Crash Into You was the last gasp of affection. Take Me On has no problems that the previous installments didn't, but I think I'm just over the formula now. I'm not sucked in and I'm definitely rolling my eyes instead of swooning despite myself as I did before.

I'm tired of the bad boys with hearts of gooey melted cheese. I'm tired of the heroine who hasn't laug
Varsha
This is definitely the best in the series. Loved every bit of this book.

My first early signed copy. YAY! :D

Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

I'm running out of praises to throw at Katie McGarry. This is yet again another brilliantly woven story and contained a swoon-worthy romance. Despite the quibbles I have with these novels, she's still one of my favourite authors.

I'm starting to feel like the characters are overlapping one and another. What I mean by this is that some of the characters feel like they've taken parts of someone else that we've already read about in previous instalments,
Kayleigh {K-Books}
May 18, 2014 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it it was amazing
Take Me On Review on K-Books

"She and I are like two separate halves to a whole. Separate in that two of us could live life apart sf be successful, but when we are together - when we are whole - that's when the magic begins."

Having devoured all 3 of the Pushing the Limits books so far I couldn't wait to get my hands on Take Me On, the fourth installment in the series. I fell in love with West in Crash Into You in the small glimpses we got of him and so when I found out that this would be West's
Aneeqah
May 08, 2015 Aneeqah rated it really liked it
Another Katie McGarry book done right. Does she ever disappoint??
Kassidy
Jul 30, 2014 Kassidy rated it it was amazing
Katie McGarry does it again.
I'm officially obsessed with Katie McGarry and her books. I love these characters so much!! West and Haley have a beautiful romance and relationship. I loved seeing them work through everything together. Their story really pulled at my heart strings and definitely made me tear up. I love how Katie McGarry can make her characters feel so real! I genuinely feel like I know both West and Haley, it's so crazy. I want another book about the rest of their lives haha!
Devyani
Feb 28, 2014 Devyani marked it as to-read

HOLY SHIT. LOOK AT THAT ARM ON THAT DUDE.
AJ
“You’re worth fighting for.”

4.5 stars.

This is book 4 in the Pushing the Limits series, and OMG, I love this series! Pushing the Limits is an all-time favourite of mine, and while I’ve enjoyed the subsequent books, this is the first book in the series that came close to recreating the epic feels that I felt with that first book. It’s the story of West (brother of Rachel from Crash into You) and newcomer, Haley.

West Young is the wild child of the incredibly wealthy Young family. Set in the time j
KenHeartsBooks
Nov 07, 2013 KenHeartsBooks marked it as to-read
Elena
Jan 22, 2014 Elena marked it as to-read
Shelves: i-could-die-for
I like West but I need Abby and Logan's story.

I NEED MORE LOGAN AND ABBY.
Alyssa

Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Jasmin
Another book by Katie McGarry that put a smile on my face! Although I must say this was my least favorite of the Pushing the Limits series , but it still held deep emotions, wisdom and passion.

I buddy read this with my dear friend Irena. She introduced me to this series and for that I am truly thankful.

Haley has left her grandfathers gym after meeting her ex-boyfriend Matt, whom she thought would love her and trust her with anything. Turns out he was a sociopath that didnt believe in the depths
Carina
Oct 07, 2014 Carina rated it it was amazing
Rating:

My Opinion Of this Book: LOVED it.
___________________________________________________

Damn. I devoured this book in a few hours. LOVED it.

THE GOOD.

West: Oh my gawd, I am in love with West Young. He's got the looks, the humor, the adorable-ness, and the complex, unique personality/perspective. I loved seeing him grow and learn as a character.

Haley: I liked Haley's character, even though she did get on my nerves sometimes. But in the end, she learned from her mistakes.
I also loved that s
Monica Murphy
Feb 10, 2015 Monica Murphy rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I never reviewed this book...

I am a huge Katie McGarry fan girl and she knows this. Her editor knows it too. In fact, I shamelessly asked for an early read of TAKE ME ON and her editor was kind enough to send it to me. I started it right away and of course, Katie didn't disappoint! This book is awesome!

My favorite thing about a Katie McGarry book? The way she tortures her characters. Seriously, I always think, "How can it get any worse? OMG how are they going to get past this?!"
Georgia
Hmm I'm not going to rate this just yet...

~~~~~

I'd really like Ethan and Abby's story after this, but I guess West's story will do.

Just kidding, I'll read anything this woman writes.

Elena Love
Feb 21, 2014 Elena Love marked it as to-read
Not a big fan of the cover...
Nikki
Jul 14, 2014 Nikki rated it really liked it
Did my copy get shorted an epi or perhaps an ending? Definitely abrupt when you are kinda put through the ringer the entire book. I almost knocked it down to 3 stars just for that.

So that is my 1st thought :) Overall, this was a pretty good book. It was a bit darker than a lot of YA reads but pretty much in line with the rest of this series in terms of kids dealing with shit...lots of shit.

This book was no exception. Both Haley and West have troubled pasts. And don't get me wrong, I felt for Wes
  • Played (Hooked, #2)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)
  • Tease (The Ivy Chronicles, #2)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Sacrifice (Elemental, #5)
  • Boys Like You
  • Searching for Beautiful
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
  • Heartbeat
  • Whatever Life Throws at You
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)
  • Whisper to Me (Between Breaths, #3)
  • The Probability of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #4)
  • All Lined Up (Rusk University, #1)
  • That One Summer (Summer, #3)
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebo
More about Katie McGarry...

Pushing the Limits (5 books)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Chasing Impossible (Pushing the Limits, #5)

“I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me.” 6644 likes
“Don’t think of it as falling. Think of it as jumping- with me.”

“How is jumping better?”

“Falling happens. Jumping you choose.”
62 likes