Start by marking “Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines, #2)” as Want to Read:
Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines, #2)

Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines #2)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,449 Ratings  ·  224 Reviews
They fell in love in high school and found their way back to one another despite the odds. But can first loves really be forever? For Reed Johnson, the dream was always football. But then Nolan Lennox took over his heart. Is he willing to give up his first love just to keep his true love? Or will he be too late?

Reed and Nolan’s story continues in "Going Long," sequel to "
ebook
Published October 1st 2013 by Ginger Scott (first published September 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Going Long, please sign up.

ChaLotte Hi =) It's probably way too late to answer your question. But if you have never bought the book, I want to answer your question: It's written from…moreHi =) It's probably way too late to answer your question. But if you have never bought the book, I want to answer your question: It's written from both points of view. I adored it! I think it's always amazing to be able to know both perspectives and in this book it's really necessary. I loved it. (less)

Mysza
Aug 11, 2015 Mysza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
"Reed, life is hard. I know you know this...or think you know this...but let me remind you. Life. Is. Hard. It's ugly sometimes, and it throws shit at you, just like a 300-pound lineman charging you full tilt just looking to flatten your ass.(...)Life is hard, Reed. But we get up."

I adored this series. I've read those books a while ago and when I saw the price for audible of the 2nd part, I couldn't stop myself and did it again. Good thing since I have never written a review for this one, sham
Ginger Scott
Jun 24, 2015 Ginger Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ginger Scott
As the author, I just want to say thank you for reading this world I created. I am honored and humbled.
Justjay Go

A WELL DESERVED 5 STARS!!

wedding

"You can't mess with mistletoe. I have to kiss you, it's the rule."

ARC has been kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

MY FIRST IMPRESSION
I could not put this book down! This was a very well written story. The continuity and flow of the story and dialogues were really smooth and I didn't feel lost at all like you usually do when a series is written.

WHAT’S THE STORY MORNING GLORY?
The story begins 2 years after Nolan and Reed got together again an
A_Ryan
3 stars... but only for Reed!

This is the sequel to Waiting on the Sidelines and it picks up right where the first book left off, except we're finally able to read it from Reed's point of view as well.

So to be honest... all three stars here belong to Reed. He was no longer a hormonal adolescent, and was growing up from a cocky, naive College student into a man. And he finally had all his shit together. Ms. Scott did well with this one!

But Nolan was a bitter disappointment. Gone was the Nolan fro
Angela
Oct 23, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing
What is better than a 5 star rated FULL story (ahem! No cliffhanger.) with a happy ending? Waiting on the Sidelines (Waiting on the Sidelines, #1) by Ginger Scott
The sequel that is also 5 star worthy that not only is a continuation of the beautiful story between Nolan and Reed but is a complete story unto itself! Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines, #2) by Ginger Scott

The second book spans Nolan and Reed's college career with a little glimpse of the future which I always enjoy the epilogues that show us the happy ending. Written with both Nolan and Reed's perspective that gave me a deeper understanding of both characte
Kitlina
Sep 27, 2014 Kitlina rated it really liked it
I liked the book.
But there was so much unnecessary drama that it almost killed me.
In some aspects the story was a little unreal and that's because I couldn't put myself instead of the characters.
In my relationship I never felt the need to hold anything back and especially not a (view spoiler) and then to not talk for that much of a time. I couldn't fathom it. I always talk with my hubby who was my boyfriend for 9 years before we married. Every little thing I tell him a
Mallory
ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review

4 stars

Going Long is the followup to Ginger Scott's Waiting on the Sidelines. It picks up 2 years later, with Nolan and Reed still in a committed relationship while attending different colleges.

Reed is expected to be drafted for football and has tough decisions to make, while Nolan wants to finish school with her degree in special education. She doesn't want things to change, but its always inevitable.

Reed really grew as a character and an adult with
Sharon
Aug 08, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing
5 University of Angst stars! I thought I had enough of the angst ridden love story of Reed (sexy, epic football player and horrible communicator) and Nolan(sexy,athletic, poor girl with low self esteem and a deep love of all things Reed.) This book just made me wish Ginger Scott wrote for Friday Night Lights while it was still on the bubble. Her take on high school to college football would have sent them to the top of the ratings. This story continues from book 1. If you have not read Waiting o ...more
preppea
Enter to win it on I Bookie Nookie Reviews (9/30 -10/04).

Just as WAITING ON THE SIDELINES followed Nolan and Reed through 4 years of high school, GOING LONG spans over their college years in a love story that is honest, steadfast, and stands the test of time. While high school proved how loyal Nolan was to her one true love, college years tested Reed in much the same way.

Reed is every bit the football star everyone thought he would be and is expected to earn a coveted first round-draft pick fo
Michelle [Helen Geek]

Story Appreciation = 3.5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars -- [$2.99 on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Mild
243 pages

I just had to read this story after loving the first in this series so much. I'm very glad I did. As I was reading, there were many times the prose and the storyline was just sappy. Oooy Gooy syrupy sappy, but it seemed to work.

Speci
Katherine
Sep 30, 2013 Katherine rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

There is something about Reed and Nolan that just hooks you right into their story, that makes you want to be their best friend. That can only be credited to Ginger Scott and her ability to draw the reader in to the lives of her characters.

I fell in love with Nolan in Waiting On The Sidelines, I was obsessed with her and Reed. I couldn’t get enough and I wanted to seep myself into the pages and shake them when I was on the verge of a fit because of them.

In Waiting On The Sidelines we g
*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha
5 Beautiful Stars
ARC kindly provided by Netgalley.

I loved Waiting on the Sidelines and was so excited to be able to read Going Long immediately after finishing the first one. I like to keep the flow going so to speak.

We pick up with Reed recounting why he loves Nolan and how she saved his dad's life and how they have moved onto a serious, committed relationship. This story actually picks up as they are juniors in college, and juggling a sort of long distance relationship. They make time to se
M.L.
Sep 16, 2013 M.L. rated it it was amazing
NO SPOILER ALERT NECESSARY
I kept the spoilers to a minimum while giving my blogger’s perspective on the book itself. Nothing was spoiled.:)

Oh... and I added a few quotes at the bottom! :) (9-18-13)

(I blogged this review at: BooksMoviesFandoms.wordpress.com )

Going Long – release date: October 1st, 2013.

photo GoingLongWaitingOnTheSidelines2byGingerScott_zps15cba2d8.jpg

My Blogging Review of Going Long: Waiting On The Sidelines 2:

I was given the fabulous opportunity to read an advanced copy of Going Long: Waiting On The Sidelines book 2, thanks to the wonderful
Anne
Nov 18, 2013 Anne rated it it was amazing
5 HEA STARS!!!

I didn't think I could like this story any more than Waiting On The Sidelines, but somehow I did!!! Going Long takes off where WOTS ended. What an emotional roller coaster that kept me on my toes and on the edge of my seat! For such a YA book, it had all of the elements that I love in a great story!! The fact that it had a little suspense thrown in there...the fact that it was NOT predictable like most other YA books are...the fact that I LOVED every character...even the ones I HAT
Ashley
Oct 16, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing
This review can also be found at http://chiquitablogger.wordpress.com

I swear, this series could go on and on for years, and it would be happy as a clam!

I adored the first book, and at the time, didn't know there was going to be a second one, and I wanted more! So, I was totally stoked to find out about Going Long!

And holy wow, it delivered! There was more grown up angst and drama in this book, but the same issues were underlying (Nolan's insecurities for example)

I'm so sad the story of Nolan a
Stormie
Feb 05, 2016 Stormie rated it really liked it
So the first 60% of this felt very repetitive of the first book. I mean this is suppose to be two years after the first book ended. So you'd think they developed a good level of trust and more solid foundational relationship things. But honestly, it felt like there was no time between when the last book ended and this one started. They had the same freaking problems! I mean have they not figured out that if they just TALK that actually communicating solves a lot of issues right then and there in ...more
Tracy
May 14, 2015 Tracy rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
This book brought so many different emotions; one minute I was laughing and another I was full on crying with tears. I loved the conclusion of Reed and Nolan story. This book was such a roller coaster, I went from wanting to hug the characters to scream at them.

Ginger Scott has a way of making you feel like the characters are real and you are with them through their journey. It's amazing that this is her first series... It's wonderful and should be on your TBR list!

Yesley
Jul 03, 2015 Yesley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the series

I guess what really got me about the book is how great of a fit this couple was. Ok n I'm secretly crushing on Reed. But thoroughly enjoyed. Can't wait to check out the rest of what this author has to offer
Sharon Mariampillai
I loved this book just as much as the first book. I felt like Reed grew up as a character, even though he still had his stupid tendencies. I got to know him more as a character. I love Nolan. She is such a bad-ass character. However, she made more mistakes in this book than Reed did. I still love them. Overall, an amazing read.
Karen
Mar 02, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize that there were two books involving these characters. What an idiot I am. What I loved about the first book is that it was standalone. I felt like more could have been written but I was pretty happy. Book 2 moves us right alone in Reed and Nolan's lives as college apart pressures loom. Some of the drama just pissed me off where they both failed epically in communication... by believing impressions or other people or just not hashing it through. Still the author used their friend ...more
Mochahontas (Booksessed)Søren~*Mrs. Allen~*Mrs. Sebring
Yes I read this right after, at home, til 1 AM cuz I could not put the freaking book down. REED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squee* full review to comeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Jessica Fether
Feb 22, 2015 Jessica Fether rated it it was amazing
While I'm not a huge fan of drama, the ending made it all worth it. :)
Shelley
Jun 25, 2015 Shelley rated it it was amazing
I read Waiting on the Sidelines quite a while ago and could not wait to read this book. Some how (maybe because I have way too many books on my kindle) it got pushed down on my kindle and I forgot about it. While going thru my app I discovered it and started reading it. I had forgotten how much I love these characters and what a great writer Ginger Scott is.

Nolan and Reed are still together, still going to rival colleges and still making time for each other. Reed puts lots of miles on his car
Gail
Apr 15, 2015 Gail rated it really liked it
When an author makes you so involved in the lives of the two main characters in a book- to the point where you think about them and wonder how in the world they can be so stupid- or why don't you talk to each other/ or listen- can you figure out you shouldn't drink? If their mistakes get to you- then you know the author is telling a pretty good story. This is the case here- I really did get involved in this book- Nolan- a sweet, good, good student- loyal- hard worker, falls for a guy that can't ...more
Merrie
Dec 12, 2014 Merrie rated it it was amazing
So, hopefully you have read Waiting on the Sidelines BEFORE you decided to tackle this book. If not, please do so, you will not only be confused, but you are going to miss out on the beauty of the story that is Nolan and Reed.

Waiting on the Sidelines ended right as Nolan and Reed were starting college. This book starts two years later. Nolan and Reed are still together, trying to make a long distance relationship work in spite of the odds stacked against them. The great thing about this book is,
Lisa
Aug 08, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Going Long, by Ginger Scott is the second installment to Waiting on the Sidelines. And I'll be the first to admit, that I'm exhausted and tired of the "popular/cool high school guy, who every girl wants, but who starts to fall in love with the not so popular, but extremely pretty girl" story. I'm bored of seeing a guy who does whatever he wants, completely change, and turn into this perfect man because of that girl.

It's OLD NEWS...(there's only so many times I can read a story with this same bas
Roxanne
Thank you to Netgalley and Ginger Scott for allowing me to read and review an ARC of this book.

"Going Long" is a follow-up to Ginger Scott's "Waiting on the Sidelines", which was one of my top ten reads of 2013. I fell in love with Nolan and Reed in the first book, so I was pretty excited to see that I would have more of them in "Going Long".

Did "Going Long" live up to my expectations? Not exactly. This time around, we get to hear Reed's point of view as well as Nolan's, and I'm not sure how I f
Elle Markov
Mar 18, 2014 Elle Markov rated it it was amazing
I got a free copy of this book from the publisher and since its part of a series, well I had to buy and read the first one. Anyway, even if you don't get the first book, the second book gives a good background on the characters so it's easy to follow.

The story is about Nolan and Reed, they were high school sweetheart and college sweethearts. Reed is talented football player and Nolan is studying to teach special needs students. The story follows the stress attending different schools puts on the
Karina Ramirez
Feb 19, 2014 Karina Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, arc
4.5 Amazing, Brilliant, Ending Stars!

So I literally loved this story, not as much as the first one I'll admit, it was just wow. Ginger Scott knows how to tell a story let me tell you! There is so much detail and imagery going on that I really thought I was Nolan, and a tad bit disappointed when I remembered I wasn't her and didn't have my very own Reed Johnson, gah.

Anyway, so theres a little bit in the beginning catching the reader up on everything from the first book and then in true Ginger
Frances
Jul 06, 2016 Frances rated it it was amazing
I've been a big fan of Nolan & Reed ever since I first read their story last year and I was actually surprised when I found out about the second book. I TOTALLY LOVED the first book, especially where we got to see them grow as teenagers, friend and then as a couple.
Reed frustrated me a lot in the first book with his constant screw ups but hey, I guess he wa just being a typical teenage hormonal boy. I still loved him though, he had a heart of gold! Nolan was the strong one in that story, eve
Young Adult Conte...: #37 Going Long by Ginger Scott 13 8 Sep 22, 2015 08:10PM
  • Forever Love (Now & Forever, #3)
  • Discovering Us (True Love, #1)
  • Community Service
  • Sway (Sway #1)
  • All Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #2)
  • My Someday... (Just One of the Guys # 3--Final)
  • Renaissance Man (Blaze of Glory, #3)
  • The Sheikh's Wife
  • Pairing Off (Red Hot Russians, #1)
  • Love Untouched (Unexpected, #3)
  • Fair Catch (Love and Sports, #1)
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
  • Stars (Penmore #1)
  • Normal (Something More, #1)
  • Letters To Luca (Reunion Series, #3)
  • Lasting Fate (Fate, #3)
  • Black Flag (Racing on the Edge, #2)
  • Thick Love (Thin Love, #2)
Ginger Scott is an Amazon-bestselling and Goodreads Choice Award-nominated author of several young and new adult romances, including Waiting on the Sidelines, Going Long, Blindness, How We Deal With Gravity, This Is Falling, You and Everything After, The Girl I Was Before, Wild Reckless, Wicked Restless and In Your Dreams.

A sucker for a good romance, Ginger’s other passion is sports, and she often
More about Ginger Scott...

Waiting on the Sidelines (2 books)
  • Waiting on the Sidelines (Waiting on the Sidelines, #1)

“I almost kissed your neck out of habit then I snapped out of it and realized that you're not mine. But what's strange is it felt like you've always been mine.” 4 likes