Start by marking “Heaven's Homecoming” as Want to Read:
Heaven's Homecoming

Douglas McKay

Heaven's Homecoming

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  5 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Father McKay shares stories from his time at Holy Family Home in Philadelphia of the faith of elderly ones as they draw near to their crossing into eternity. Filled with humor, insight, and love, his accounts let their lives speak to the rest of us still on the way.
Published 2011

To ask other readers questions about Heaven's Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven's Homecoming

Catherine Cavanagh
May 15, 2015 Catherine Cavanagh rated it it was amazing
This book I read on the Kindle. They are real stories about real people facing eternity. I loved this book so much that I never wanted it to end - which was why I only read a chapter at a time with plenty of time between each one. What got me most was how frequently God seemed to prepare people for that final meeting, and how often He responded to their wishes for how they wanted that Meeting to take place. For anyone struggling with a fear of death, this is THE book to recommend to them.
Joe
Sep 06, 2013 Joe rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritua
It's tough to walk the line between being the narrator and being an actual protagonist in every story. I didn't love the book but he did what he set out to do - tell sweet end of life stories. Some of the stories felt contrived and his personality felt forced both in life and in the book. There are a few stories that really shine and its all end of life stuff which makes it somewhat unique and deserving of respect. And even not loving it it has affected me in a really good way.
Tommy Fulton
Tommy Fulton rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Jason Dobrzynski
Jason Dobrzynski rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Pat Scaletty
Pat Scaletty is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2015