Start by marking “Don't Tell Your Cousin” as Want to Read:
Don't Tell Your Cousin

Don't Tell Your Cousin

A tale of a twisted and steamy love triangle involving two cousins and a married man, a grisly love affair full of deceit, mayhem, and shameful women. As the mountain of lies come tumbling down and the drama unfolds, Amanda is forced to hold a mirror to herself and come to terms with a reflection she struggles to accept.
Published by Veronica E. Kelly (first published April 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Tell Your Cousin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Tell Your Cousin

Kate
Mar 23, 2012 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of drama and chick lit
Recommended to Kate by: Veronica Kelly
Shelves: e-books
I always like to read books by young authors, so when this ebook was offered to me by the author, I decided to take it on.

The Good

1. It's an extremely faced paced read.

2. The characters were pretty interesting and I cared about them enough to keep on reading all the way through.

The Bad

1. It wasn't very well edited. This is a major pet peeve of mine especially with ebooks. There were a ton of misspellings, wrong forms of punctuation and grammatical mistakes.

2. There were long strands of dialogue
Tammy
Sep 25, 2011 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read this book because I found out that the author is a young black 20 something woman like myself, who is pursuing her dream of writing. I was excited to read this book and I couldn't wait to give it a good review. Now that I am finished with this book I must admit that it was a page turner, but that was because the events that were taking place in the book were so outlandish that you had to read to the end to see what happened to the characters. The author did not write about the ...more
☺~Tina~☺
May 21, 2011 ☺~Tina~☺ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This book rates between a 2 or 3 for me. I gave it a 3 because it did hold my interest and took me only about 5 hours to read. But Amanda didn't learn a thing. I thought for a minute there at the end she had learned her lesson but no, she had to get in one more jab. There was a sex triangle with the cousins but there was no "steamy" love triangle and I kept reading and reading waiting for it to happen. I've read a few urban fiction books so you really have to kick the drama up for me.
Emma (BelleBooks)
May 06, 2011 Emma (BelleBooks) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, review-copy
First of all, a massive thank you to Veronica to giving me a review copy of this book!

This is not a typical read for me, so I didn't really know what to expect at first.

The story centres around two cousins, Amanda and Stephanie. Both their lives seem to be going well, they both have good jobs and their own friends and interests. But this happy little world is blown upside down with the arrival of one man, Mike.

Not only that but Mike is a married man, and the husband of Amanda's boss! As the dra
Jania
Jan 07, 2012 Jania rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The storyline was pretty good. I would have enjoyed it more if there weren't so many grammatical errors. Would have given 4 stars. Can't take a writer seriously if they can't remember the rules of writing. Isn't grammar a HUGE part of writing?!

FYi its "head over heels" not hills

There =\= their
Dayatara
Apr 12, 2012 Dayatara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tasha
Aug 20, 2016 Tasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betrayal and Loss

This is an easy read about two cousins who love one another and, unfortunately, tend to move in the same circle. When one night of misbehavior by one of the cousins starts a trail of destruction in the lives of those around her, it's impossible to see exactly WHO is the victim?!! Is it Stephanie, who opts to love a married man? Is it Tiffany, who flirted heavily and wanted desperately to add this married man to her growing list of conquests? Is Amanda, who works for the man's wi
LiteraryMarie
Two cousins. A married man. A steamy affair. Sound like a twisted love square? It is.

Stephanie and Amanda are cousins living under the same roof. When Amanda sees a picture of her cousin's lover on her boss's desk, she realizes he is a married man and immediately informs her cousin Stephanie. Through a chain of drama-filled events, somehow Amanda ends up involved with the same married man. Hence, the love square. Soon Amanda feels the consequences of her actions.

Have you ever read a book and jus
Ky
Feb 26, 2012 Ky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hate that the good guy got played. But I liked this story overall. It was super realistic and the characters were believable. The women went through so much with each other while the dude, Mike, just did whatever the hell he wanted to do. You can't really blame him though. Amanda and Stephanie need to work on themselves and clean up their relationship before getting involved with another man. Tiffany is just a basket case and got a lot of growing up to do. Reggie seemed like a really good guy ...more
Natasha
This was one hot mess of lying, sex and betrayal! Just made you think, who can you really trust....really do gotta keep your enemies close. There were a few grammatical errors but not enough to take away from the story. It really did make me sick how the blame seemed to skip over these men but it also made me realize how true to life that is. I hope and pray I don't have anyone like Stephanie, Amanda or Tiffany close to me, cause they certainly had one bad trait in common. If you like drama and ...more
Crystal
Jul 28, 2011 Crystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was not what I thought it would be. The only thing that kept me from throwing it away and reading it further was because of the back stabbing women Amanda, Stephanie and Tiffany. I seen horrible friendships but these girls are toxic to each other. The story just seemed so one dimensional.Everything revolved around this one incident nothing new happened. Tiffany.. gosh, what can I say about her. I believe I disliked her the most. I struggled to finish this story. I just lost total interest ...more
April
Jan 11, 2012 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the entire book! The authors writing contained lots of humor, drama, and suspense. I couldn't put the book down because it kept my interest in wanting to know what would occur next. The author was very consistent with the charaters personailty types. For example, Mike was a jerk thru the entire book! This is a great novel that I believe many of us can relate to on some level. I am looking forward to the sequel!
Konvik
Feb 01, 2012 Konvik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The women in this book were something else! Amanda and Tiffany must have some really deep issues lurking at the surface. Stephanie for the most part kept it together, but she was no angel. In the end, a dude will only do what you allow him to do. They should've carried themselves like ladies. I liked how realistic this book was, things like this happen often. I heard there was a sequel coming soon. I want to see what happens next.
Tonya Keitt  Kalule
It was definitely a page-turner. It started slow to me, or maybe I just couldn't get into it at first, but when I decided to give it a chance since it was the author's first book, it got a great deal better and I didn't want to put it down. It is definitely a chic book and one that I think many women can relate to.

I read the Kindle version. Good job Veronica and I am looking forward to the next one.
Kiesha
Dec 19, 2011 Kiesha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meet Amanda and Stephanie who are cousins. Who are in love with the same man. This story is a tangible tale of a love triangle. That is full of drama, deceitfulness, and havoc. I was intrigued by the plot. I couldn’t put the book down. If you enjoy soap operas this is the book for you. I am hoping that there is a sequel to this book.
Alicia
This was an ok read that I felt had potential. It started out really slow for me, but it did pick up in the middle. The women I felt were just all over the place playing the fool for the same man. Although it went downhill in the end I saw the potential in this author so I won't give up reading her works just yet.
Tj
Jan 09, 2012 Tj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that Ms. Kelly is ready! She is a young sharp writer and she knows what the readers are looking for. This is her very first piece (to the public) and yet, only the beginning. As I have been forunate enough to be able to read other writes of Ms. Kelly, all I can say is hold onto your socks because she's prepared to blow them away! Great Job V....
Brooklyn Donne
Aug 27, 2012 Brooklyn Donne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I read a few reviews saying Tiff was the most trifling, but I bet to differ. They all were trifling but Amanda took the cake. She was fine at first then all of a sudden was self centered, rude, bitter, bitchy and jealous. I don't know how Reggie hung on as long as he did!!!!!! I shall read part two...
Whitney
Feb 06, 2012 Whitney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really entertaining read. These chicks were something else. There was drama on top of drama! Where do I even begin with Tiffany??? Stephanie and Amanda, damn! The things some women do. All I know is, I'm looking forward to part two!
Debra Odom

Entertaining. Easy to read. I expected something spectacular to happen at the end, it didn't. Whoever edited this book did not do a good job: there were a number of errors. All-in-all I enjoyed the book.
Charmain
Apr 06, 2012 Charmain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book. Read in two hours. Definitley a page Turner. I know if I was Stephanie I would've left Mike asa alone as soon as I found out he was married. Amanda really played herself out of pocket all around the board...
Tstampley
Jan 11, 2012 Tstampley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Don't tell your cousin", was by far one of the most entertaining books I have read in a very long time. I love the drama and lust depicted throught out the book. It is definitely a page turner and I look forward to more great reads by this author.
Amber Gordon
Feb 29, 2012 Amber Gordon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope everything works out for Amanda. Can't wait to read the sequel. Thanks for the recommendation Veronica. Congratulations and good luck with all of your future endeavors. I look forward to reading more from you.
June
Nov 03, 2014 June rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I gave it two stars simply because it kept my interest enough for me to finish the read and had my blood boiling. I could not believe the antics of these characters. Over the top drama...
Lynda Kelly
Sep 10, 2012 Lynda Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deleted
Hated this, I'm afraid.........it's written in a type of slang which I didn't enjoy in the least and the way they speak to each other doesn't ring true, either. Not for me.
Amina Wellons
Amina Wellons rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
May 29, 2011
Debra Williams
Debra Williams rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Shawdiibadd
Shawdiibadd rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2012
Ava
Ava rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • In Laws and Play Cousins
  • Baby Huey
  • Two Tears in a Bucket (The Kennards, #1)
  • Why Me?
  • Project Queen
  • Mina's Joint
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • Who Is He to You
  • No Secrets No Lies (Sin City Heat, #3)
  • Juicy Deception
  • Life
  • Behind the Hood (Behind the Lives, #1)
  • What Lies Between the Sheets
  • Where Did We Go Wrong?
Veronica E. Kelly is a graduate of Columbia College Chicago with a degree in Fiction Writing. She enjoys writing, a craft she describes as "granting her permission to let her imagination run wild."

More about Veronica E. Kelly...