Start by marking “Guns, Crime, and Freedom” as Want to Read:
Guns, Crime, and Freedom

Guns, Crime, and Freedom

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  9 reviews
National Rifle Association Vice President Wayne LaPierre reveals why responsible Americans have the right to "keep and bear arms". Addressing every point of contention concerning the original intent of the 2nd Amendment, LaPierre illuminates the Amendment's modern implications and debunks the myth that gun ownership contributes to America's crime rate.
Published June 27th 1994 by Regnery Publishing (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Guns, Crime, and Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guns, Crime, and Freedom

Hugh Henry
Everyone agrees that this country has a problem with crime. Many criminals use guns to commit crimes, but the most effective counter to them is enforcement of the laws already in existence. New laws restricting guns will only disarm the law-abiding population. Wayne LaPierre makes this case in the mid-1990s, hence his many references to the Clinton Adminstration, Waco and Ruby Ridge.
In fact, opposition to gun control is only a fraction of the mission of the NRA. In addition, the NRA promotes
Damon Thueson
After having many discussions with family and friends about the treachery of the Gov't and the gun-haters, Wayne put it all into perspective and backed it up with serious references of proof. This book was so well written, I am amazed that I only came across it this year. The deception of the anti-gun, anti-freedom mongers out there should be completely ashamed of themselves. Thanks to people like Wayne LaPierre, we have a large group fighting for the God-Given right to protect ourselves. Everyo ...more
Heather Murphy
Mar 12, 2008 Heather Murphy marked it as to-read
Recommended to Heather by: Hugh
My husband is passionate about guns. It seems that his political views are mainly based on gun rights (which candidate will promote it). He has his permit to carry a gun. He and I were discussing a subject he brought up the other day that a society where everyone carries a gun is a polite society. This was hard for me to be open-minded about because I’ve been very scared of guns my whole life (I wouldn’t even allow them in our house until I finally gave in 2 years ago). I'm a really peace advoca ...more
Vicki
Written during the Clinton administration when the term "Assault Weapon" became the favorite label of gun control freaks for all "scary" looking guns. They haven't given up on taking American citzens right to arm themselves against an oppressive, totalitarian government and they never will.
Shawn
While the book is a bit dated now, it still provides a great deal of history on our Second Amendment and helps explain the importance of a well armed society. It also provides some great talking points to use if you are confronted with some misguided fool who supports gun control.
James Williams
I feel this book gathered into one place a lot of pertinent information that any constitutionalist should know regarding the attempts of our leaders to remove or dilute our God-given rights to protect ourselves, and our property.
Matt
I'm a second-admendment sympathist myself so take my words with a grain of salt, especially if you are a gun control sympathist, but I thought it is a great discussion on why the second admendment is still valid today.
Victoria Thompson
truthful excellent read for anyone interested in personal right to bear arms
Acie
Great book.eye opener
chris roeder
chris roeder marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Ronald Cline
Ronald Cline marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Joe
Joe added it
Nov 16, 2014
Harold Reyes
Harold Reyes marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Chris Warns
Chris Warns is currently reading it
Sep 12, 2014
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Usa Tomorrow
Usa Tomorrow marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Paul Siegel
Paul Siegel marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
John
John added it
Mar 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Guns, Freedom, and Terrorism Shooting Straight: Telling the Truth About Guns in America The Essential Second Amendment Guide (Nra) The Global War on Your Guns: Inside the U.N. Plan to Destroy the Bill of Rights Guns, Crime & Freedom