Start by marking “Find It in Everything” as Want to Read:
Find It in Everything

Find It in Everything

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  261 ratings  ·  68 reviews
Photographs by Drew Barrymore reveal hearts found in everyday situations.
"I have always loved hearts," writes acclaimed actress Drew Barrymore in the foreword to this heartwarming gift book. "The way that continuous line accomplishes the most extraordinary thing--it conveys love." In FIND IT IN EVERYTHING, Barrymore shares the photographs she has taken of heart-shaped obje
Published January 14th 2014 by Little, Brown and Company (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Find It in Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find It in Everything

Erica
Do I think this book was published because it's Drew Barrymore's? Yes.
Do I think the subject is not-all-that? Yes.
Did I enjoy it anyway? Yes.

I get to see a lot of non-biographical books written by stars and in most cases, it's the fact they're well-known people with clout that gets their crap published. Like they don't get enough attention being actors and rock stars and what have you. I roll my eyes at those people.

There are always exceptions. I have found Henry Winkler's and Jamie Lee Curtis's
Kyla Crowley
I have been a huge Drew fan for a long time. People have even told me that I look like her. I believe that she puts her soul and integrity into every project. I was surprised when I saw this available for preorder last month on Amazon, but I snapped it up anyway. Drew as a photographer? I could get behind that.

I wasn't sure what the title would mean. I honestly thought it wears just an abstract reference to life or something. Nope. This book is pictures of hearts. Not even Nat Geo style beautifu
Denis Vukosav
“Find It in Everything” made by Drew Barrymore is a nice art book that contains a collection of photos taken by the actress connected by the common theme of heart and love.

At the book preface Drew says "…I have always loved hearts. The way that continuous line accomplishes the most extraordinary thing--it conveys love…” and for this reason she started taking pictures seeing this beloved shape everywhere around her.

The reader has a chance to get into her private life in a different and proper way
Marie
Find It in Everything is a collection of photographs by Drew Barrymore (yup; that Drew Barrymore) that contain hearts found in everyday situations. Some are kind of unique, like a photograph of a break in the clouds that forms a heart. And a sun spot on a cat. But others are kind of weird. Like a piece of trash, a straw wrapper, that happens to have fallen in such a way that it vaguely resembles a heart.

There are maybe 15 photos in the whole freaking book, and half that many words. (I'm estimat
Jocelin
Cute book about finding the heart in everyday. I thought it was inspirational how she saw the beauty in ordinary objects.
Rohani
"I have always loved hearts. The way that one continuous line accomplishes the most extraordinary thing - it conveys love. It is a symbol of goodness. It doesn't have anything ambiguous about it. It is loud. It is confident."

This was Drew's first written words in her preface and I couldn't love her more than I do now. I am a HUGE fan of Drew Barrymore for as long as I can remember, not just as an actress but she REALLY seems like she'd be a cool person to hang out with in real life! So when I fo
Elizabeth
I think of Nhat Hanh when he said,"Everything we do is an act of poetry or a painting if we do it with mindfulness. Growing lettuce is poetry. Walking to the supermarket can be a painting. When we do not trouble ourselves about whether or not something is a work of art, if we just act in each moment with composure and mindfulness, each minute of our life is a work of art. Even when we are not painting or writing, we are still creating." This books is art and Drew Barrymore is an artist. The only ...more
Jes
Normally I don't add books like this to my Goodreads page, though I go through them in mass quantity always looking for things to use as writing prompts for my writers' group. I don't feel like I'm actually READING them - I'm just glancing through.

But this book is just sooo sweet that I had to add it. Not only am I a huge fan of Drew Barrymore (for ALL the cool stuff she does, not just acting), I tend to notice little things and take them as signs or symbols.

Drew looks for hearts and finds them
Cindy
First off, I am a huge Drew Barrymore fan. That being said, I thought this book was not all that it could have been.
I love hearts and have taken numerous pictures of where I find them as well. So when I heard that Drew had put this book together, I was rather excited. It was a let down for me. I have so many pictures I think should be in a book, but being that I am not Drew Barrymore, they probably never will be published. (I can't say never but ...)
I did enjoy the few words she wrote in the bo
Kelly
I picked this up at the library on the new arrivals shelf and read it in 15 minutes. As a photographer and someone who likes to think I'm pretty good at noticing the little things in the world that some people might miss, I enjoyed the overall concept. And when Drew Barrymore says she wants to put her photographs of hearts in a book, I'm sure people listen. It feels like there could've definitely been a little more substance to it. I'm glad I didn't buy it, but it was a pleasant way to spend 15 ...more
Denise Altman
I like hearts and thought this was a cute idea-not because Drew Barrymore wrote it. I am always skeptical when celebrities (esp actors) are using their status for other things. However, I like how she sees hearts in mundane objects, because they truly do show up everywhere. I felt like this idea came from the original blog by photographer Karen Walrond. She had the idea of posting heart images with a short entry and reader/bloggers would join in. This book has nice images, may make a great gift, ...more
Karlene
I love pretty much everything about Drew Barrymore, but this book is an obvious example of the perks of being a celebrity. It's a book filled with maybe 30 photographs of places Drew Barrymore found a heart-shape in her day-to-day life, with a sentence or two about loving love, and loving heart shapes. If she were not a celebrity, this book would probably not exist, and would just be maybe an Instagram account. Actually, this idea probably is the basis of many people's Instagram accounts already ...more
Rachael
Books of photographs have been drawing me in recently. Part of this is a growing awareness that photography is a genuine art form and not just a way of capturing more images of the human thumb. Part of it is I've been educating myself about the art form. These images of hearts in ordinary objects, human hands and even the author's dog curled up just so are sweet and if you let them, will bring a smile to your face. It's not perfect, but I enjoyed it.
Shelli
I picked up this book in the new arrivals section of the library only because I saw that it was by Drew Barrymore, someone who’s very presence on the screen makes me smile inside; she truly has a prepossessing quality about her. Her dreamy free spirit came through in each photograph of this book, finding love where most would see nothingness. My somewhat jaded personality kept me from seeing the same beauty.
Lisa
This book is a collection of photographic images of hearts found along the everyday path of any ordinary person. It is a collection personal to Drew Barrymore who collects hearts and wanted to share with the masses. It is warm and inviting and is sure to bring a smile to the gazers faces. May even inspire you to share your collection or start one of your own.
Bookworm
the book contains about 50 photographs, nothing extraordinary. each photo comes with it's own page and a brief description of what and where it was taken. it's hard to believe it took her over a decade to take only 50 or so photos-- but they are themed, all of hearts, it's also interesting that someone would look for this all the time...
Robin
Jul 24, 2014 Robin rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: as a romantic gift book
This book is a collection of photographs by celebrity Drew Barrymore of hearts that she saw in everyday objects and unexpected places.

I don't have any particular feelings toward celeb Drew Barrymore one way or the other. However, I do agree with other reviewers who have stated they felt if she was not already a well-known celebrity, the book would not have been published because the photos were only of average to good quality.
For a few photos, it wasn't obvious and it took a minute of study to f
Elena Boteva
I'm not sure how you're supposed to "read" photography books, but I looked all through it in one sitting. Didn't really take long.
I love the idea behind the pictures and it was really interesting, and maybe even slightly inspiring. Such a little thing, and yet it made feel good, and that's all I can ask from a book.
Devin
Although I thought the pictures were really cute and neat, I thought that this book was kind of a silly idea. I think that the fact that it is Drew Barrymore is the only reason that something like this was published. But like I said, I really liked the pictures.
Jennifer Cepero
Sure, it's just photos Drew Barrymore has taken, but it shows her personality so well. Photographs of a heart found in any spot made me feel happy as I looked through it and I imagined her voice speaking where there are words written.
Sofia Taylor
Yes Drew is a celebrity but Drew is NOT a photographer. I much prefer All the Love in the World - My favourite heart book to date. Much better quality photography than Drew's book.
Love your films but not this book.
Samantha Eve Kennedy
This book takes about 20 minutes to look through the pics. However in those 20 minutes, you will be reminded to keep your eyes open to fun sightings of love around you. And that is more than worth the time!
Steph
She obviously got this published because she's famous, but I actually enjoyed this a whole lot more than I thought I would. I'm also finding myself looking for hearts in everything now. :)
Amynicole
I wasn't very impressed with the photography and was expecting more. I think the idea of her book and collaboration of photographs was a good idea, but was hoping for better photography.
Jessica Booth
I love hearts, I love Drew Barrymore. I love the concept. I don't love the execution. This could have been really awesome. Instead it's a little sad because it's a definite let down.
Kara Johnson
A sweet little book by a sweet little actress! (Or as my husband would say: "Anyone who is that famous can get a book published.") Still, a cute idea for a book!
Madison
I honestly love this. The amount of beauty and love you can find everyday is awesome and insane. Thank you Drew Barrymore :)
A quick little read that brightened up my day.
Elizabeth
A very silly book. But it's Drew Barrymore and it arrived at the library on Valentine's Day, so I'll let it slide.

(Oh, the things you can do when you're famous.)
Thuraya
A light, easy book to flip through and smile at - breezed through it on my commute. My personal favorite was her foster dog who's fur formed a heart whenever he curled up. Nothing particularly profound or incredibly memorable ... just something pleasant to look at.
Lily Kauffman
I don't want to be mean, because Drew Barrymore seems like the nicest person ever- but this book might as well have been written by a kindergartener.
  • The Lucky Shopping Manual
  • Bright Bazaar: Embracing Color for Make-You-Smile Style
  • Books: A Living History
  • Dancers Among Us: A Celebration of Joy in the Everyday
  • What to Wear, Where: The How-to Handbook for Any Style Situation
  • I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style
  • Cupcakes and Cashmere: A Guide for Defining Your Style, Reinventing Your Space, and Entertaining with Ease
  • Sex and the City 2: The Stories. The Fashion. The Adventure.
  • 365 Style
  • Remodelista
  • Shake
  • What I Wore: Four Seasons, One Closet, Endless Recipes for Personal Style
  • Bobbi Brown Beauty Evolution: A Guide to a Lifetime of Beauty
  • Underwater Dogs
  • kate spade new york: things we love: twenty years of inspiration, intriguing bits and other curiosities
  • Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home
  • Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends
  • Little Humans
Drew Blyth Barrymore is an Emmy Award and Golden Globe-nominated American actress and film producer. She's the youngest member of the Barrymore family of American actors. She began acting when she was eleven months old. Barrymore made her screen debut in Altered States in 1980. She then starred in her breakout role in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. She quickly became one of Hollywood's most recognize ...more
More about Drew Barrymore...
Little Girl Lost E.T. The Extra Terrestrial CD Read-along Find It in Everything: Photographs E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Scream