Finding Soul on the Path of Orisa: A West African Spiritual Tradition

Finding Soul on the Path of Orisa: A West African Spiritual Tradition

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In the realm of African spiritual pathways, no tradition is so widely embraced and practiced as the West African religion Orisa. Awakened by her own spiritual journey, Tobe Melora Correal, an initiated priestess in the Yoruba-Lukumi branch of Orisa, guides us along this blessed road. FINDING THE SOUL ON THE PATH OF ORISA provides a fresh look at these ancient teachings and...more
Published January 28th 2003 by Crossing Press

Kevin
I just recently got this book back from my mom. I loaned it a year or so ago to her.

It's tough finding a book that is good for someone who is curious about ATR practices, but needs a bit more than just the usual history lesson of where it came from and all of that.

The author does a great job of simplifying things without making it TOO basic...

If you're already involved in the religion, there isn't much you're going to get out of this book, aside from the usual warm-and-fuzzies if experiences men...more
Shanali
Tobe really captures some of my own practices and views experienced while practicing my religion. She also explains a few of the essential Patakis/Stories that make the base of our spiritual beliefs. A must read for Orisa initiates.
Cassandra
Correal's easy prose is a great book for non-initiates to Ifa. Correal provides a concise summary of Ifa, the Orisa, the importance of ancestors, and how to set up an ancestral shrine. I've used it as reference guide consistently over the years.
Stephanie Segel
Jan 06, 2014 Stephanie Segel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Stephanie by: Barrett D. Brown
As a beginning student, I found this book quite informative and well written. I learned a great deal and will probably re-read soon :)
Dominick
A must read for any devotee of an Orisha tradition and a good starter book for anyone who wants to learn about these traditions. The book is a good, in depth look at the theology and ethics of the Orisha traditions.
TW
This is a very refreshing take on the factors that go into making a decision to pursue a spiritual path, Orisa or otherwise. I am grateful to the author and her spirit guides!
Ibrahim
great book i think
Johnny Cue
Johnny Cue is currently reading it
Apr 18, 2014
Natasha Hagley-cyrus
Natasha Hagley-cyrus marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Tammy Matthews
Tammy Matthews marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Chris brown
Chris brown marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Lorena
Lorena marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Fifi
Fifi marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Jay Espy
Jay Espy marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Ekundayo
Ekundayo marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Ronnie Dael
Ronnie Dael marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Kitsey
Kitsey marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Baz Moreno
Baz Moreno marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Keshia
Keshia marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Frontporch
Frontporch marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013