Start by marking “Finding Soul on the Path of Orisa: A West African Spiritual Tradition” as Want to Read:
Finding Soul on the Path of Orisa: A West African Spiritual Tradition

Finding Soul on the Path of Orisa: A West African Spiritual Tradition

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In the realm of African spiritual pathways, no tradition is so widely embraced and practiced as the West African religion Orisa. Awakened by her own spiritual journey, Tobe Melora Correal, an initiated priestess in the Yoruba-Lukumi branch of Orisa, guides us along this blessed road. FINDING THE SOUL ON THE PATH OF ORISA provides a fresh look at these ancient teachings and ...more
Published January 28th 2003 by Crossing Press

To ask other readers questions about Finding Soul on the Path of Orisa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Soul on the Path of Orisa

Kevin
I just recently got this book back from my mom. I loaned it a year or so ago to her.

It's tough finding a book that is good for someone who is curious about ATR practices, but needs a bit more than just the usual history lesson of where it came from and all of that.

The author does a great job of simplifying things without making it TOO basic...

If you're already involved in the religion, there isn't much you're going to get out of this book, aside from the usual warm-and-fuzzies if experiences men
Cassandra
Correal's easy prose is a great book for non-initiates to Ifa. Correal provides a concise summary of Ifa, the Orisa, the importance of ancestors, and how to set up an ancestral shrine. I've used it as reference guide consistently over the years.
Shanali
Tobe really captures some of my own practices and views experienced while practicing my religion. She also explains a few of the essential Patakis/Stories that make the base of our spiritual beliefs. A must read for Orisa initiates.
Stephanie Sorensen
Jan 06, 2014 Stephanie Sorensen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Stephanie by: Barrett D. Brown
As a beginning student, I found this book quite informative and well written. I learned a great deal and will probably re-read soon :)
Nana Prah
I found this to be a highly educational book. Helping to clarify some things about the spiritual journey the followers of Orisa undertake.
Dominick
A must read for any devotee of an Orisha tradition and a good starter book for anyone who wants to learn about these traditions. The book is a good, in depth look at the theology and ethics of the Orisha traditions.
TW
This is a very refreshing take on the factors that go into making a decision to pursue a spiritual path, Orisa or otherwise. I am grateful to the author and her spirit guides!
Ibrahim
great book i think
JimA Thompson
JimA Thompson is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2015
Jennifer L. Julian
Jennifer L. Julian is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2015
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
trice
trice marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Marc
Marc marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Viva
Viva marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Nyiida Andrews
Nyiida Andrews marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Celina
Celina marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Alahyo
Alahyo is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2015
Krupa
Krupa marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Leul Tedla
Leul Tedla marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Victor
Victor marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Lissy
Lissy is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2015
Mk
Mk marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Amanda Mcmillen
Amanda Mcmillen marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015