Start by marking “Her Alpha Protector” as Want to Read:
Her Alpha Protector

Her Alpha Protector

Angel has spent years on the run from one possessive alpha, and she has no intention of ever submitting to another--not even Hunter, the man who stars in her most erotic fantasies. But when her former master tracks her down, she has no choice but to turn to the one wolf who can protect her.

Hunter thought ten years apart would diminish the craving he has for Angel. But when
Published September 1st 2013 by Harlequin Nocturne Cravings (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Her Alpha Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Alpha Protector

Nina
Sep 06, 2013 Nina rated it it was amazing
**4.5 Stars**

This novella is an awesome debut from new author Gwen Knight! Her Alpha Protector has everything you would want for a quick read: no filler, all action, romance, intrigue and sexy love scenes.

I love wolf shapeshifters and when I read the blurb for Her Alpha Protector, I pre-ordered right away. Her Alpha Protector, although short, was a very fulfilling read and I must say that's something hard to do. I love reading novellas, but sometimes some just leave you without a sense of s
Solmarie
Apr 25, 2014 Solmarie rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Attacked viciously and turned against her will, Angelica (Angel) was then forced to submit to a cruel, domineering, possessive alpha. Seeing no other option after two years of living in hell, she runs from her pack and so called mate. Eight years later she is still running. Hiding in the city was the easiest thing for her to do. Or so she thought until the alpha Hunter walks in to the restaurant where she works. Now it's time for
Teri
Sep 03, 2013 Teri rated it it was amazing
I read the last words of Her Alpha Protector with my heart beating hard in my chest. The passion, the danger and excitement of Knight's story, kept me both on the edge of my seat, and swooning from the electricity between Angel and her Alpha.

From the moment Angel sensed Hunter, smells him even, across the room of the dingy diner where she eked out her living, I was hooked. Knight never lets us rest for a minute, as she sweeps us away through adventure, both emotional and physical. She carries us
Ana P
Apr 22, 2014 Ana P rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Love Story!

It's been a long time since I read a love story void of sex from the beginning and it was such a pleasure to really enjoy it this much with so little passion in it.

It is a love and a passion that has lain dormant for many years.

Angel is a girl that was turned to a wolf against her will and has lived 10 years full of fear and when she meets up with the man who stole her heart 10 years ago on a chance meeting, she can't trust him.

Will Hunter be able to win the trust of his one
Kyla Baines
Sep 05, 2013 Kyla Baines rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely fantastic debut for Knight!

From start to finish, the reader is drawn irrevocably into the world of Angel and Hunter - when all is said and done, you are dying for more!

It's clear that Knight is passionate about her writing, and it really shines through in this piece. Her descriptions are exquisitely crafted, and all of the emotions that her characters go through are palpable. This was far more than simply a romance story... it was a work of art poured out as words on parchment
Jade Brunes
Sep 04, 2013 Jade Brunes rated it it was amazing
Gwen Knight's debut writing was a fantastic read! Her passion for writing is obvious. I recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy, werewolves, and Harlequin Romances in general! She captures the reader right away and doesn't waste time getting to the action or the sizzle. I really loved how she balanced between human and wolf forms. It was great! And her descriptive writing made it so easy for the reader to visualize without over doing it! Fantastic all around! I look forward to many more ...more
Mellie Fenzev
Sep 03, 2013 Mellie Fenzev rated it it was amazing
There's nothing better than a story that immediately sucks you in and then leaves you breathless in the end. The author wastes no time getting the action going and the adrenaline flowing. The two main characters have a chemistry that can not be denied, and each page unfolds more behind their connection. It's exciting, it's sexy, it's worth reading!
Jori Dodge
Sep 05, 2013 Jori Dodge rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. The plot was excellent - pulled me in right away, and I really liked the artistic use of the language. But beyond that, this sizzles. The passion between the characters is reason enough to keep this as a favorite, but the story itself is awesome, too. Really enjoyed it!
Heather Fortman
Apr 22, 2014 Heather Fortman rated it it was amazing
From the first sentence Gwen Knight sinks ethereal claws into the readers mind, snagging their imagination and hauling them down the turbulent roads of the story. Angel’s past haunting her in a such a way that the reader is able to crawl beneath her skin and delve into the psyche to live as one with the character; to feel the heat of Hunter’s protection as he entices her into trusting again.

Much like a really good action packed “man-movie” that starts off in a rush and ends in excitement, making
Jada Ryker
Jan 13, 2014 Jada Ryker rated it it was amazing
Action "Packed" Werewolves Novella

Even after ten long years, Angel still dreams of Hunter's black eyes. When she sees him again, she runs. He is the star of her fantasies. But he's also the alpha of the West Canadian Basin pack.

When Hunter locks eyes with Angel, he knows he's within his rights to kill her or punish her. With the realization she's a lone wolf to evade her former, psychotic alpha, Hunter wants to comfort her and protect her. As his wolf rises within his human form, he wants much m
Tina
Mar 05, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

This short story packed quite a punch! Most short stories fail to cover important details of the story. Leaving the reader unsatisfied. I am happy to tell you that this was not one of them.

I was very happy with how well this book touched on the past without to many gruesome details.

I enjoyed that Hunter was protective as well as respectful of what Angel wanted. The sex scenes were hit and steamy without being over the top mushy.

I would have liked to feel that the MC were a little mor
Debbie Herbert
Jan 09, 2014 Debbie Herbert rated it it was amazing
This book was fabulously romantic in its depiction of a woman who overcomes much to find love. The mating recognition and joining between Angel and Hunter was moving, especially Angel's description of "the moon arising in her" as she accepts her destiny.

The writing was lyrical and filled with originality. Angel is a character you will empathize with and root for during her journey.

Looking forward to other books from this author.

More please!
Rae A.
Mar 04, 2014 Rae A. rated it it was amazing
Sexy, protective Alpha wolves, daring heroines, thrilling action-- Gwen Knight's debut novella has all that, and more! The careful detail that goes into her work puts in the reader in Angel's shoes, and has you easily falling for Hunter's charms. As a huge fan of paranormal romance, it was all too easy to sink my teeth into this goody, and it leaves me salivating for more.

Gwen Knight is easily an author to watch out for, as her work will continue to sizzle e-readers and bookshelves equally!
Amberr Meadows
Mar 17, 2014 Amberr Meadows rated it really liked it
Her Alpha Protector delivers exactly what's expected of a romance, but with a werewolf twist (I'm a sucker for werewolves). In this short well-written novella, there is plenty of steamy sexual interludes, a well-plotted beginning, middle, and end where no loose ends are left to tie up, and the book fulfills the typical fantasies of a damsel in distress being saved by a hot hero (who happens to be a werewolf, in this instance). If you love paranormal romance, you'll enjoy Her Alpha Protector.
Linsey Hall
Feb 10, 2014 Linsey Hall rated it it was amazing
This was a great novella. The author really packed a lot of story and character development into relatively few pages,which made the read a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the heroine - in particular, her opening scene. The hero was hot, the the villain was awful (in the right kind of way). Definitely read this book if you're looking for some fast paced fun and sexiness.
Lisa Espinosa
Feb 04, 2014 Lisa Espinosa rated it it was amazing
The strength of this novel is in the pacing of plot development and character development. There is a sexy connection between the main characters who are ensconced in some solidly built mythology. The connection between the lovers is strong and sweepingly romantic. Descriptors are vivid and create wonderful imagery to help ease the reader into an unfamiliar world.
Cilicia White
Apr 22, 2014 Cilicia White rated it it was amazing
Just loved this book! This novella is quick, action-packed book about werewolves. Even though this book was really short it had a lot of action with a HEA at the end. I will be reading other books by this author.

I received this book in exchange for a honest review!
Debbie
Feb 12, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Gwen Knight has written a great book. It pulled me in from page one and didn't let go until the end. Great telling of a story. If I ever met a werewolf I would hope he looked like Hunter.
Ibrium
2.5 stars, really.

There are good bones here, but overall I thought it was a little too short and was a little too purple prosey at times for me to really dig it.
Cherri-Anne
Jun 29, 2015 Cherri-Anne rated it it was amazing
She was his, but more than that, he was hers.

her most secret desire. He was more than gorgeous, he was exquisite. He’d left his imprint and now she craved him. HOWLY SHITE/SHIFT WOLFMAN! What an intense read! Intensely nerve wracking, nail biting, sitting on the edge of your seat kind of intense. Intensely hot, sexy & FANGTASTIC! Intensely wolf. Intensely Alpha. Intensely FANGERRIFIC! This is one exceptionally written furrific story! “He had his prey, now he needed only to hunt it.” Is this
Eva Millien
Apr 10, 2014 Eva Millien rated it it was amazing
This novella is a mesmerizing werewolf romance that keeps readers on their toes. Having spent years on the run from one possessive alpha, Angel has no intention of ever submitting to another. Hunter spent the last ten years craving Angel, but to claim her he’ll have to fight for her – and give her a reason to quit running.

This fast paced plot keeps the adrenaline pumping with suspense, action, drama and romance. The author brings the story to life with vivid imagery and details that capture the
Kaycee
May 11, 2014 Kaycee rated it it was amazing
Review Her Alpha Protector , by Gwen Knight
A very enjoyable read. Starts off at a run and keeps going to a fast delightful conclusion. The Heroine, Angel is on the run, literally. Hunter, the hero is our, (I say our, because I have adopted him), is a hunky, honorable wolf shifter. Plenty of details are given for the two main characters and Ms. Knight’s shifter culture. In a novella length book I was taken by surprise how much information was provided. I could easily connect with the situation an
Michelle Gallegos
Really Bad First Date

Seth and Angelica are on their first date which was going well until Seth brutally attacks Angel, turning her into a werewolf. He controls her and his pack through brutality and intimidation. After two years, Angel has had enough and she escapes and is horrified to find that Seth has declared her a rogue wolf, making her fair game for any other wolf to attack. Eight years later, Angel crosses paths with Hunter, another Alpha. He had been haunted for years by his memories of
Robin
Apr 24, 2014 Robin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, kindle
I was gifted a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is Gwen's debut as an author and I found myself thoroughly amazed by the sensuality. Yes, I have read other books that contained sensual scenes but, Gwen carries the sensual scenes and builds up to full blown passion which I don't always see in the books I have chosen to read. Most contain a meeting between hero and heroine and phase right into sexual scenes.

This book is well written, contains such depths of emo
Patricia Ange
A quick surprising read

A quick surprising read

I may be jaded but I normally don't have high expectations when reading a new author. I'm seldom willing to pay for the unknown author no matter the reviews. I picked up this book by an author unknown to me because the plot was at once different and yet the same. Surprisingly I enjoyed the book. In spite of the short length the story was complete and not a series. The rational for only three stars was that the characters could have stood more develop
Stephanie
Apr 23, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Gwen Knight was a new to me author, not any more. New authors usually don't excite me. Not so with this author. Gwen's new book Her Alpha Protector gave me everything I appreciate in a good shifter story. The writing and grammar were spot on. The story had an evil villain and just enough angst to make you wonder if there was going to be a HEA. The hero, Hunter is all alpha. Good looks, powerful wolf, confidence, and enough patience to get his woman. Angel, the heroine, damaged, afraid but with ...more
Sheryl
Apr 23, 2014 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
This is a novella by author Gwen Knight.

Angel has spent the last 8 years hiding and running from the Alpha of her pack Seth, because of the abuse he gave her. All she craves is her freedom but when she sees Hunter, the Alpha of the territory she is in she tries to run again but this time it is her feeling for him she is running from. Hunter fell in love with Angelique years ago but when she was mated to another he pushed those feelings aside until he sees her in the restaurant and knowing she w
Tracey
Apr 25, 2014 Tracey rated it really liked it
Angel is on the run from her 'mate' an alpha werewolf, she's survived for eight years, but now there's a problem there's a werewolf sitting in cafe she works in!

Hunter has been searching for Angel for years, when his not looking he finds her, this time his not letting her go and will protect her from all who try to hurt her.

When they meet Its instant attraction, which is nothing new she's always wanted Hunter!

I was drawn into this story in first 2 pages and enjoyed my romp in werewolf world, th
Carrie Klein
Apr 23, 2014 Carrie Klein rated it it was amazing
Fast Paced, quick read about a Romance 10 years in the making. Angel won't trust Hunter easily but there is something about the man she had a chance meeting with 10 years ago that she hasn't been able to get out of her head. Can Hunter prove that he can be trusted when the demons of Angel's past come back to haunt her in living color?

I was at the edge of my seat, could not wait to see how it would go from start to finish. I love reads like this in between those long tortuous stories that leave
Lisa
Awesomeness!!!!!

Such an awesome book. You just gotta read it. I loved this book from beginning to ending. Gwen has done such an awesome job with the characters and it was a great story too. I just cannot express how much I love this book. I have found another favorite author. Thanks so much Gwen for such a wonderful book and I look forward to reading more of your books.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Ambient Light
  • Onyx Moon (Prides of the Moon, #4)
  • A Special 'Ops and Cops Christmas:Sexy Romantic Suspense Holiday Novella
  • Seize the Hunter
  • Eternal Immortality (Eternal #2)
  • Bound To Moonlight (Sisters of the Moon, #2)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Feather Down (Raptors Revealed, #1)
  • Chasing Love (Rutledge Werewolves, #5)
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • Craving More (Tiger Nip, #1)
  • Blood Lust (Rapid City Wolves, #1)
  • Surrendering to the Alpha (Ashwood Falls, #3)
  • Shadows Fall (Others of Edenton, #1.5)
  • Becoming His Mate (Douglas Mountain Shifters)(Fountain of Love)
  • Erin the Fire Goddess: The Beginning
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attractions, #1)
  • Master at Arms (Dragon Knights, #2.5)