The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace (Trixie Belden #23)

The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace (Trixie Belden #23)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  525 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When Honey inherits a necklace from a great-great aunt, Mrs Wheeler enlists the help of Trixie, Jim and Mart to research the necklace and the Hart family history in England. They set off to England under Miss Trask's care, and try to uncover the origins of the necklace. The four find themselves unwelcome in England and Trixie is certain they are the targets off a pickpocke...more
Published April 1st 1980 by Golden Books, Golden Press (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace

Naomi
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that...more
Cally73
It's been a long time since I've read this, but picked it for a re-read because I'll be visiting the areas of England where this book is set. I do recall delving into Romeo and Juliet after reading it the first time around.

Likes: The setting, some of the minor characters, supportive Mart - yes, still teasing but a lot more supportive of Trixie than some later books.

Dislikes: The "Nobody likes us because we're American tourists" spiel. Suck it up because it's not always about you. When it is abou...more
April Brown
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Ten and up.

Length? – Most of a day’s read.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Real world, pre - computer pre - air conditioning, pre - cell phone.

Written approximately? – 1979.

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more.

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? Yes. A slight mention of the time frame of the story - a...more
Mark Baker
Trixie and part of the gang travel to England to trace Honey's family tree and learn about her recent inheritance. So why is Trixie seeing the same pickpocket everywhere they go? And is their guide trust worthy?

I was never a big fan of this one, but rereading it as an adult has made me realize just how bad it is. The characters aren't themselves, especially Trixie. And the plot is weak with a very rushed climax. Still, some of the new supporting characters are fun and a few scenes make this one...more
Nic
GREAT as ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!
Bonnie
Not a favorite, but always a special place in my heart because it was the book my very first Trixie Camp was based on (with Niagara Falls substituting for England). Only four Bob-Whites got to go, Miss Trask was a pod, I couldn't believe the bad guys' motivation, but I did like the setting and all the places the Bob-Whites visited while in England.
Tara Calaby
The stereotypical portrayal of British people in this book is hilarious, as is the use of the word "bloody" in a series where the kids are careful to say "gleeps!" or "cripes!" or "jeepers!".
Shelley
This is my favorite of all the Trixie Belden books. Getting the gang out of their normal setting and into something a little more "exotic" makes for a fresh take on a long-running series.
Tacey
The story, for what it is, is well written; and it's got plenty of action. Despite being a "loud American" the four Bob Whites still make British friends. Miss Trask makes a friend, too.
Mell
As a tween I lived vicariously through Trixie Belden and her many travels and adventures. I never seemed to be able to find any exciting mysteries in my school or suburban neighborhood.
Zeek
This along with the Mystery in Arizona were my favorites in the series. Read this as a tween and i still remember them clearly!

(Looks like my love of travel started early! ;)
Jo
I love the Trixie Belden and I really like the ones ware they are traveling and this is a really good one
Joy Gerbode
Oct 2013 ... not as much mystery here as there is travelog of England ... lots of fun.
K.l.
loved the mention of Stow on the Wold.... just down the road from mw?
Bookend McGee
And just read it again before I went to London. Brilliant!
Telisha
A trip to England, pick pockets and a family heirloom.
Erin
Re-read May 2011

Re-read August 2012
Catherine Hoyem
I loved all these books
Lisa
Mar 08, 2008 Lisa added it
Sam
Sam is currently reading it
Sep 05, 2014
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Shelsy
Shelsy marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Shelsy
Shelsy marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Strange Message in the Parchment (Nancy Drew, #54)
  • The Mystery of the Headless Horse (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #26)
  • Cherry Ames, Senior Nurse (Cherry Ames, #2)
  • A Figure in Hiding (Hardy Boys, #16)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...
The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8) The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9) The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7) The Marshland Mystery The Mystery at Bob-White Cave (Trixie Belden #11)