Start by marking “The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace (Trixie Belden #23)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace (Trixie Belden #23)

The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace (Trixie Belden #23)

When Honey inherits a necklace from a great-great aunt, Mrs Wheeler enlists the help of Trixie, Jim and Mart to research the necklace and the Hart family history in England. They set off to England under Miss Trask's care, and try to uncover the origins of the necklace. The four find themselves unwelcome in England and Trixie is certain they are the targets off a pickpocke ...more
Published April 1st 1980 by Golden Books, Golden Press (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Queen's Necklace

Bonnie
Jul 26, 2011 Bonnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5/28/16: A reread from 2008, I read a couple of friends' reviews and wondered if maybe I was too generous giving this one four stars. But I don't want to downgrade it to three. More like 3.5. I think I like it more than I thought, and more than most of my friends do. Yes, Trixie is pretty obnoxious in this one, but hey, she's 14. Yes, Miss Trask is a pod person in this one, but hey, she never gets any chance at romance in the series. She was probably just off her head. ;) I read this one because ...more
Lydia Dyslin
Nov 01, 2016 Lydia Dyslin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
I thought this Trixie book was fun, exciting, and kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Sure, it was kind of predictable, but seeing the Bob-Whites in London and exploring England was fun. I have to say it was VERY unrealistic, and the author got lazy when he/she only put four of the Bob-Whites on the trip, but I loved hearing all about England, and there were very rarely infodumps. Four stars out of five!
J.L. Day
May 03, 2015 J.L. Day rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a HUGE and most dedicated fan of Trixie and her crew. This is odd, of course, because they were MEANT for teen and pre-teen girls, but I was a young boy that read everything he could get his hands on and when I first stumbled on my first TRIXIE BELDON book I was instantly hooked!

I immediately sat about reading them all, as quickly as I could get my greedy little paws on them. Trixie is the star, or "lead" character, followed by Jim and Honey (who quickly became the love of my young life, I had
Cally73
Aug 31, 2013 Cally73 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's been a long time since I've read this, but picked it for a re-read because I'll be visiting the areas of England where this book is set. I do recall delving into Romeo and Juliet after reading it the first time around.

Likes: The setting, some of the minor characters, supportive Mart - yes, still teasing but a lot more supportive of Trixie than some later books.

Dislikes: The "Nobody likes us because we're American tourists" spiel. Suck it up because it's not always about you. When it is abou
April Brown
Dec 04, 2012 April Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Ten and up.

Length? – Most of a day’s read.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Real world, pre - computer pre - air conditioning, pre - cell phone.

Written approximately? – 1979.

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more.

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? Yes. A slight mention of the time frame of the story - a
Mark Baker
Trixie and part of the gang travel to England to trace Honey's family tree and learn about her recent inheritance. So why is Trixie seeing the same pickpocket everywhere they go? And is their guide trust worthy?

I was never a big fan of this one, but rereading it as an adult has made me realize just how bad it is. The characters aren't themselves, especially Trixie. And the plot is weak with a very rushed climax. Still, some of the new supporting characters are fun and a few scenes make this one
Naomi
May 14, 2014 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that ...more
Jo
Jan 30, 2012 Jo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: trixie-belden
I love the Trixie Belden and I really like the ones ware they are traveling and this is a really good one
Zeek
This along with the Mystery in Arizona were my favorites in the series. Read this as a tween and i still remember them clearly!

(Looks like my love of travel started early! ;)
Miri
May 11, 2015 Miri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trixie, Honey, Jim and Mart are in England researching Honey's mother's family history and the history of a family heirloom.
Shelley
Feb 03, 2009 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, mystery, 2005
This is my favorite of all the Trixie Belden books. Getting the gang out of their normal setting and into something a little more "exotic" makes for a fresh take on a long-running series.
Tara Calaby
Jan 17, 2010 Tara Calaby rated it liked it
The stereotypical portrayal of British people in this book is hilarious, as is the use of the word "bloody" in a series where the kids are careful to say "gleeps!" or "cripes!" or "jeepers!".
Mell
Nov 09, 2013 Mell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, ya
As a tween I lived vicariously through Trixie Belden and her many travels and adventures. I never seemed to be able to find any exciting mysteries in my school or suburban neighborhood.
Tacey
Feb 21, 2013 Tacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story, for what it is, is well written; and it's got plenty of action. Despite being a "loud American" the four Bob Whites still make British friends. Miss Trask makes a friend, too.
Cherry
Cherry rated it really liked it
May 20, 2014
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2014
Cindi Moss
Cindi Moss rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2008
ThenSingsMySoul
ThenSingsMySoul rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2008
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2008
Suburbhater
Suburbhater rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2013
Margaret
Margaret rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Julie Madden
Julie Madden rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2008
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2008
Katy
Katy rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Mielle
Mielle rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Leanne Mcdonald
Leanne Mcdonald rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2012
Dani Herndon
Dani Herndon rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2013
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Mystery of the Fire Dragon (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #38)
  • Mystery of the Green Cat
  • Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)