Start by marking “Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll (Trixie Belden, #36)” as Want to Read:
Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll (Trixie Belden, #36)

Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll (Trixie Belden #36)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Delivering a doll to a mysterious antique dealer leads fourteen-year-old Trixie Belden to investigate a case of counterfeiting.
Published 1985 by Golden Press (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Antique Doll

J.L. Day
a HUGE and most dedicated fan of Trixie and her crew. This is odd, of course, because they were MEANT for teen and pre-teen girls, but I was a young boy that read everything he could get his hands on and when I first stumbled on my first TRIXIE BELDON book I was instantly hooked!

I immediately sat about reading them all, as quickly as I could get my greedy little paws on them. Trixie is the star, or "lead" character, followed by Jim and Honey (who quickly became the love of my young life, I had
Joy Gerbode
Another good Trixie Belden story, with the gang working together to help people and to solve a mystery. This mystery is a little far-fetched, as well as a repeat of a previous mystery to be solved involving counterfeiters. But still a very enjoyable read.
Okay, even if they weren't my favorites, I give 37 of the 39 books in the series at least 4 stars (really liked it). But this book (and #38) get 3 stars. I can never decide which one I dislike more. Trixie and Honey go to Paris and somehow get conned into taking a mysterious package back home with them? Are they really that gullible (read: stupid)? Trixie knitting? And liking it? Trixie and Honey serious contenders in a spelling bee? What did we ever do before the mall? Ugh, ugh, ugh! This book ...more
Definitely not the best of Trixie & the Bob-Whites, but I needed a mood lifter after the last book I read. The kids of Sleepyside never fail to provide comfort and a few chuckles. Everytime I read a TB book, I feel young again.
Afraid I must agree with some other negative reviews of this TB installment; it certainly isn't one of the series bests. In fact, it reads almost like a ND. Still, I love the close-knit BWG and their adventures.
Tara Calaby
Trixie Belden was one of my earliest great media obsessions. I absolutely adored all of the books and desperately wanted to be Trixie.
Marts  (Thinker)
Great children's mystery series featuring thirteen year old Trixie and her friends Honey and Diana...
Ruby Cox
its ok but i like nancy drew better.
Malia Kirk
Malia Kirk marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Justine Barnes
Justine Barnes marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Teresa Wright Buetzer
Teresa Wright Buetzer marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Ramakant marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Alison added it
Sep 24, 2015
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Sam marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Teresa marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • Cherry Ames, Boarding School Nurse (Cherry Ames, #17)
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)
  • Corre Michael! Corre!
  • Cherry Ames, Dude Ranch Nurse
  • The Mystery of Death Trap Mine (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #24)
  • The Mystery of the Fire Dragon (Nancy Drew, #38)
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #19)
  • Úrsula, a maior
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)