Start by marking “The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden #16)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden #16)

The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden #16)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  830 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When the owner of the Blue Heron Marsh land is sought, Jim finds that the land is owned by his mother's sister. An investigation by the Bob-Whites reveals that his aunt is dead and Jim has a cousin, Juliana who is still alive. The Bob-Whites go to find her, but there car is vandalized and they return home to find she is already in Sleepyside and staying with Mrs Vanderpoel...more
Hardcover
Published April 1979 by Goldencraft (first published 1970)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Missing Heiress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Missing Heiress

The Secret of the Mansion by Julie CampbellThe Mystery Off Glen Road by Julie CampbellThe Red Trailer Mystery by Julie CampbellThe Gatehouse Mystery by Julie CampbellThe Happy Valley Mystery by Kathryn Kenny
Trixie Belden Series
20th out of 39 books — 12 voters
The Secret of the Mansion by Julie CampbellThe Red Trailer Mystery by Julie CampbellThe Marshland Mystery by Kathryn KennyThe Gatehouse Mystery by Julie CampbellThe Mystery in Arizona by Julie Campbell
Trixie Belden Golden Press Paperback
20th out of 34 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Tara Calaby
I know I no longer fit the target demographic for these books, but even back when I was seven and reading them, I'm *sure* the solution to the mystery in this one would have been blatantly obvious to me from very early on.

That said, it's quite a fun one.
Bonnie
After all the summer traveling, it's nice to be home. I like that Jim gets family in this one. I liked the return of evil Jonesy. I didn't like that nobody could figure out that Janie was Julianna. Duh.
Naomi
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that...more
April Brown
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Twelve and up.

Length? – Most of a day’s read.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Real world, pre - computer, pre - cell phone. (Interesting note - the manor house is now air conditioned).

Written approximately? – 1964?

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more.

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? Yes. A slight m...more
Miri
In this Trixie Belden Book, Jim discovers he has a cousin named Juliana who is set to inherit a large piece of swamp land in Sleepyside. Juliana arrives in Sleepyside to wait on the confirmation of her identity so she can inherit the money from selling the land. Another arrival in Sleepyside is Janie, a young woman involved in a hit and run who is left with amnesia. The Belden family invites Janie to stay with them while they try to discover her identity and who seems to be out to get her.
Mark Baker
This kid's mystery finds Trixie Belden trying to help a young woman with amnesia find out who she really is. This is the first time I've reread a book in this favorite series in years. I loved spending time with the characters, but I have always found this plot a little weak.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Donia S.
A great adventure revisited!
Amanda
10/17/10: I finally got this book. They stopped printing them after number 15, and the libraries around me didn't own the old ones. My mom was finally able to get some of them from another library in Illinois. I love Trixie Belden so much!! The mysteries are always good. I love reading about the adventures she and the Bob-Whites get into.

*If anyone has some they would like to lend me, I will gladly accept them : )
Erin
I've just started this and I'm certain I've read it before, but not for a long time.....

I had definitely read it before, but I'm not sure I owned it. Fair to middling Trixie.

Re-read May 2011.

Re-read January 2014. Lots of people impersonating other people around Sleepyside. And whoever wrote this one really overdid the use of the exclamation "Gol".
Linda Cee
Not the best book in the series but I'm glad to see that a few loose ends from earlier books have been wrapped up, I did think the book was a little less of a childrens book when it came to the mystery because (view spoiler) isn't normally the order of business in Trixe books (unless of course Trixie herself gets into trouble!)
Meen
Jun 21, 2008 Meen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Meen by: Musta been my mama!
I ate UP Trixie Belden when I was a little girl! (But I never got into Nancy Drew... Seems like Trixie was younger and more of a tomboy, so I must've identified with her more.) I lost all my books somewhere along the way, but I bought the five vintage books I own now at an antique sale in the mall.
Tacey
This is up there with the best of the series. I love "Janie." My favorites are usually set at Crabapple Farm.

Mrs. Vanderpoel is so cool and laid back for a gal of her generation; and reminds me of a couple of my great-aunts.
Kelly
This is the very first Trixie I ever owned/read. Nostalgia aside, I think this one has one of the more well-constructed plots, as well as the value-added character we actually care about.
Joy Gerbode
Another good light mystery ... nothing extra special about this one, but certainly a worthy part of the series.
Sept 2013 ... good read, again.
Kina
I still love them, I still read them, and I still collect them. This book is one of my favorites from the series.
Aug 10, 2010 Sarah added it
i also have this one at home. Its one of the best books in the seiries. definetly worth reading!!!!! :)
Elizabeth
At the beginning is this line which I think Mart says and it's hilarious!
Jane Petermeier
These are the covers I remember from Trixie Belden, so RETRO!!!
Lily E
3 estrelas - grande leitura da minha pré-adolescência!
Elise
awsome!!!!!!!!!
Denise
Denise added it
Sep 25, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Sep 19, 2014
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Fire Dragon (Nancy Drew, #38)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...
The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8) The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9) The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7) The Marshland Mystery The Mystery at Bob-White Cave (Trixie Belden #11)