Start by marking “The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden #16)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden #16)

The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden #16)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  972 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Jim Frayne discovers he has a cousin, Juliana, who is an heiress to a small fortune. Soon Juliana appears in Sleepyside to claim it. Her arrival is over-shadowed by a woman, called Janie, who hurt in an accident and suffering from amnesia. Trixie tries to help Janie discover who she is and find her family, but the girl detective's attempts are thwarted by Janie's unknown e ...more
Hardcover
Published April 1979 by Goldencraft (first published 1970)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of the Missing Heiress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of the Missing Heiress

Bonnie
Feb 12, 2016 Bonnie rated it liked it
It's been 10 years since I last read this and this time around I'm afraid I'm going to have to retract a star. And it's not because of the plot, which is fantastic: a missing girl, family for Jim, the return of the evil Jonesy, and other great secondary characters like Mrs. Vanderpoel and Spider Webster, all the Bob-Whites together, a thrilling cliffside rescue. It's a great idea that was very poorly executed. At times, I wanted to throw the book across the room, and I usually only get that feel ...more
Lydia Dyslin
Apr 12, 2016 Lydia Dyslin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
I did not go into this book with high expectations, but I loved it! It's the best Trixie Belden book I've read in awhile. I think the author really captured the spirit of the Julie Campbell books, so I almost felt like I was reading them again. :) The actual mystery/plot was very predictable and easy to figure out, but I enjoyed the writing style a lot. Four stars out of five!
Tara Calaby
Jan 07, 2010 Tara Calaby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know I no longer fit the target demographic for these books, but even back when I was seven and reading them, I'm *sure* the solution to the mystery in this one would have been blatantly obvious to me from very early on.

That said, it's quite a fun one.
J.L. Day
May 03, 2015 J.L. Day rated it it was amazing
a HUGE and most dedicated fan of Trixie and her crew. This is odd, of course, because they were MEANT for teen and pre-teen girls, but I was a young boy that read everything he could get his hands on and when I first stumbled on my first TRIXIE BELDON book I was instantly hooked!

I immediately sat about reading them all, as quickly as I could get my greedy little paws on them. Trixie is the star, or "lead" character, followed by Jim and Honey (who quickly became the love of my young life, I had
Naomi
May 12, 2014 Naomi rated it it was amazing
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that ...more
April Brown
Jan 21, 2013 April Brown rated it really liked it
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Twelve and up.

Length? – Most of a day’s read.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Real world, pre - computer, pre - cell phone. (Interesting note - the manor house is now air conditioned).

Written approximately? – 1964?

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more.

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? Yes. A slight m
Miri
Jul 19, 2014 Miri rated it really liked it
In this Trixie Belden Book, Jim discovers he has a cousin named Juliana who is set to inherit a large piece of swamp land in Sleepyside. Juliana arrives in Sleepyside to wait on the confirmation of her identity so she can inherit the money from selling the land. Another arrival in Sleepyside is Janie, a young woman involved in a hit and run who is left with amnesia. The Belden family invites Janie to stay with them while they try to discover her identity and who seems to be out to get her.
Mark Baker
Mar 20, 2014 Mark Baker rated it liked it
This kid's mystery finds Trixie Belden trying to help a young woman with amnesia find out who she really is. This is the first time I've reread a book in this favorite series in years. I loved spending time with the characters, but I have always found this plot a little weak.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Diana
Feb 23, 2016 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of great elements but doesn't really reach its potential. Still fun to revisit a childhood favourite.
Donia S.
Jul 03, 2014 Donia S. rated it it was amazing
A great adventure revisited!
Amanda
Dec 29, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
10/17/10: I finally got this book. They stopped printing them after number 15, and the libraries around me didn't own the old ones. My mom was finally able to get some of them from another library in Illinois. I love Trixie Belden so much!! The mysteries are always good. I love reading about the adventures she and the Bob-Whites get into.

*If anyone has some they would like to lend me, I will gladly accept them : )
Erin
Jan 05, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
I've just started this and I'm certain I've read it before, but not for a long time.....

I had definitely read it before, but I'm not sure I owned it. Fair to middling Trixie.

Re-read May 2011.

Re-read January 2014. Lots of people impersonating other people around Sleepyside. And whoever wrote this one really overdid the use of the exclamation "Gol".
Linda Cee
Apr 03, 2012 Linda Cee rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, non-fiction
Not the best book in the series but I'm glad to see that a few loose ends from earlier books have been wrapped up, I did think the book was a little less of a childrens book when it came to the mystery because (view spoiler) isn't normally the order of business in Trixe books (unless of course Trixie herself gets into trouble!)
Meen
Jun 21, 2008 Meen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Meen by: Musta been my mama!
I ate UP Trixie Belden when I was a little girl! (But I never got into Nancy Drew... Seems like Trixie was younger and more of a tomboy, so I must've identified with her more.) I lost all my books somewhere along the way, but I bought the five vintage books I own now at an antique sale in the mall.
Tacey
Aug 05, 2013 Tacey rated it it was amazing
This is up there with the best of the series. I love "Janie." My favorites are usually set at Crabapple Farm.

Mrs. Vanderpoel is so cool and laid back for a gal of her generation; and reminds me of a couple of my great-aunts.
Kelly
Mar 03, 2009 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This is the very first Trixie I ever owned/read. Nostalgia aside, I think this one has one of the more well-constructed plots, as well as the value-added character we actually care about.
Joy Gerbode
Another good light mystery ... nothing extra special about this one, but certainly a worthy part of the series.
Sept 2013 ... good read, again.
Kina
Mar 23, 2011 Kina rated it it was amazing
I still love them, I still read them, and I still collect them. This book is one of my favorites from the series.
Aug 10, 2010 Sarah added it
i also have this one at home. Its one of the best books in the seiries. definetly worth reading!!!!! :)
Elizabeth
At the beginning is this line which I think Mart says and it's hilarious!
Jane Petermeier
Aug 24, 2011 Jane Petermeier rated it liked it
These are the covers I remember from Trixie Belden, so RETRO!!!
Lily E
Apr 09, 2011 Lily E rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pre-teen
3 estrelas - grande leitura da minha pré-adolescência!
Elise
Aug 16, 2011 Elise rated it really liked it
awsome!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Dec 26, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
book 16
Elizabeth Cassagne
Elizabeth Cassagne rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
CelticKnitWit
CelticKnitWit marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Ahmed H. Mansour
Ahmed H. Mansour marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Clue of the Velvet Mask (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #30).
  • Hurricane Joe (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #11)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)