Start by marking “Trixie Belden and the Indian Burial Ground Mystery (Trixie Belden, #38)” as Want to Read:
Trixie Belden and the Indian Burial Ground Mystery (Trixie Belden, #38)

Trixie Belden and the Indian Burial Ground Mystery (Trixie Belden #38)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  335 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Participating in an archaeological dig on an Indian burial ground, Trixie suspects a greedy, treasure-hunting college student of burglarizing several mansions in the area.
Published 1985 by Golden Press

Be the first to ask a question about Trixie Belden and the Indian Burial Ground Mystery

J.L. Day
May 03, 2015 J.L. Day rated it it was amazing
a HUGE and most dedicated fan of Trixie and her crew. This is odd, of course, because they were MEANT for teen and pre-teen girls, but I was a young boy that read everything he could get his hands on and when I first stumbled on my first TRIXIE BELDON book I was instantly hooked!

I immediately sat about reading them all, as quickly as I could get my greedy little paws on them. Trixie is the star, or "lead" character, followed by Jim and Honey (who quickly became the love of my young life, I had
Claire
Feb 11, 2015 Claire rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Totally stoked to finally track this down and read it for the first time. There is (obviously, see title) some period-typical problematic language and attitudes in this one, and it was clearly a first-time ghost-writer for the series as they managed to both mess up some really obvious continuity as well as duck out of writing anything about, like, half the Bob-Whites, but there was also some hilarious "look, I know some stuff!" type exposition about archaeology. As a completist, very happy to ha ...more
Susan
Jan 28, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Trixie does it again: suspects the wrong person and misses a big clue, then realizes her mistake JUST IN TIME! Whew! Okay, when it's summer in Sleepyside, I like my girl detectives to have some down time! No pool, barbecues and only one horseback ride in this one! Nothing is as good as the first six books--as a kid, I read those again and again :)
Mell
Jan 06, 2015 Mell rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, ya
This was a later edition to the TB series, which actual had many ghost writers over the years. As a result, some books had inconsistencies (like this one) and earned the ire of Trixie fans.

I think I spent the majority of babysitting income on these books.
Joy Gerbode
Jun 13, 2014 Joy Gerbode rated it liked it
Another good fun with Trixie and friends ... starting to get old, though, and repeat scenarios. Also this author (not the original, but she DID right many of the earlier books) does not seem to know things as well as I do. She said things like Trixie's favorite horse was Lady, and Honey chose Suzy ... completely forgetting that Suzy was the horse Trixie originally wanted to buy. I have enjoyed these books for so many years, and it's hard for me to think that the author does not share my passion ...more
Bonnie
Jul 26, 2011 Bonnie rated it it was ok
If it weren't for Trixie Camp 2008, I might hate this book on an equal level with Antique Doll. Trixie Camp may be this book's only redeeming value. Trixie is suddenly terrified of ghosts? Responsible Miss Trask and Regan actually go along with Trixie's harebrained scheme to trap the bad guys? Pod Brian? Trixie's favorite horse is Lady? Since when? Ugh, ugh, ugh. Awful book!
Tara Calaby
Sep 10, 2015 Tara Calaby rated it really liked it
Trixie Belden was one of my earliest great media obsessions. I absolutely adored all of the books and desperately wanted to be Trixie.
Marts  (Thinker)
Jun 19, 2010 Marts (Thinker) rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Great children's mystery series featuring thirteen year old Trixie and her friends Honey and Diana...
Tacey
Aug 25, 2013 Tacey rated it it was amazing
I love this one because 1. it takes place "at home" and 2. Reagan and Miss Task help out.
Kristen
Feb 01, 2013 Kristen rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Enjoyed this one, though Brian really gets on my nerves.
Kim
Dec 26, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
book 38
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Bridget
Bridget rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Cherie Waggie
Cherie Waggie marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Tania da Silva
Tania da Silva marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Cassy Hershberger
Cassy Hershberger marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
K.l.
K.l. added it
Jan 05, 2016
Chalmation
Chalmation rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Julie Madden
Julie Madden rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Cherry Ames, Rural Nurse (Cherry Ames, #22)
  • The Mystery of the Fire Dragon (Nancy Drew, #38)
  • The Haunted Attic (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #2)
  • Cherry Ames, Dude Ranch Nurse
  • Úrsula, a maior
  • Mystery of the Green Cat
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)