Start by marking “The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)” as Want to Read:
The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)

The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden #10)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,252 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Trixie and Honey are planning a hike to Martin's Marsh to collect herbs and flowers for botany class. But Honey's family has a visitor, a child who wants to tag along. How can Trixie explore the mysterious burned-out house by the marsh and look for Captain Kidd's hidden treasure with a kid along?
Published January 25th 2005 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1962)

To ask other readers questions about The Marshland Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marshland Mystery

The Secret of the Mansion by Julie CampbellThe Mystery Off Glen Road by Julie CampbellThe Red Trailer Mystery by Julie CampbellThe Gatehouse Mystery by Julie CampbellThe Happy Valley Mystery by Kathryn Kenny
Trixie Belden Series
10th out of 39 books — 12 voters
We Got Zombies On The Lawn Again, Ma by Donnie  SmithCharlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteAnne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Books That Everyone Should've Read
23rd out of 74 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Miri
Okay so the description of this book is misleading, the story has little to nothing to do with looking for gold.

Honey's cousin Gaye a young violin prodigy is staying with the Wheelers with her Aunt Della while preparing for a concert. The child seems spoiled and obnoxious and runs away from her aunt causing a big to do. She hides out at old Rachel Martin's and this leads to a nosy and unscrupulous reporter printing a nasty story about Mrs. Martin that ends up having the city decide it's time she
Naomi
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that ...more
Kylie
First, a bit of background on the Trixie Belden series. Trixie Belden is a 13-year-old girl detective, and this series is much in the same vein as Nancy Drew, only aimed at a slightly younger readership (which, of course, doesn't discourage me from reading them!) There were 39 books published between 1948 and 1986, and while they're all attributed to Kathryn Kenny, this is actually a pseudonym. The first 6 books were written by Julie Campbell, and the rest were written by various other writers ( ...more
April Brown
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Ten and up.

Length? – Most of a day’s read.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Real world, pre - computer pre - air conditioning, pre - cell phone.

Written approximately? – approximately 1963.

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more.

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? Yes. A slight mention of the time frame of
Kelly
I always forget about this one. Trixie and Honey decide to make an herbarium for their botany teacher and stay up all night with butterbrot and coffee... oh wait, wrong series.

Trixie and Honey venture to Martin's Marsh to gather some weeds for their elderly botany teacher. There they meet Miss Rachel, last of the Martins, living in the old Martin Estate servants' quarters. In the subplot, unhappy child violin prodigy Gaye Hunya is staying at Manor House and gets on Trixie's nerves. You'd think t
Dayna
Mark Baker
A trip to the nearby marsh leads to a chance encounter with the old woman who lives there. Can Trixie and her friends help Miss Rachel? The characters are still wonderful, but I really struggle with this book because there is no real mystery.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Bobbi Rightmyer
When a child prodigy and her mean old aunt come to stay with the Wheelers, you can guarantee a mystery will follow. The child will be performing as a guest artist with the symphony, and believe it or not, she is so spoiled, she puts Bobby to shame!

After accidentally running their botany teacher's herb collection, Trixie and Honey venture into Martin's Marsh to collect flowers and herbs to make her a new one.

While Trixie and Honey are exploring, they come across a burned out house near the marsh.
Madeline Henricksen
Trixie Belden and the Marshland Mystery is book number ten in the Trixie Belden mystery series. Trixie Belden and Honey Wheeler are best friends, horse lovers, and detectives who always seem to accidentally find a mystery waiting to be solved. In this book, a famous child violinist, Gail, runs away to an acquaintance of the Belden family's abandoned barn and puts on the acquaintance's dead sister's clothes. Her disappearance is on the front page of the news and causes a big fuss. It is up to Tri ...more
Joy Gerbode
This is not one of my favorite Trixie Beldon books, but still has some good fun with the gang. Also some compassion for another, less fortunate ... always enjoy the rich/poor themes running through the books.
September 2013 ... re-read ... good help for a senior citizen, but not really a mystery (though it is a more believable kind of mystery for young teen-agers).
Dawn Michelle
I have NO idea when I first read this book. It was not one of my favorites at the time and as I am reading it now, I do not remember much. Must be I didn't go back to it like so many of the others. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RE-READ~12/5/2013

Lisa
Book 10. Trixie's birthday was mentioned at the beginning of the book as being only a few weeks away and I spent the whole book excited as if I was going to attend her birthday party. The joke was on me when it ended on her birthday. (I wasn't bummed though).
Bonnie
Bland mystery in this one, though I love the spring setting and the fact that Trixie actually gets a birthday (her only one in the series). Hated the violin prodigy and her annoying poodle and found Bobby Belden's crush on her totally unbelievable.
Tacey
Trixie turns 14 at the end of the story. Miss Rachel Martin gives Trix an old 'brass' box, which turns out to be solid gold. The sale of which allows Miss Martin to move to town and open a rug and quilt shop.
Debra
My schoolmate Peggy owned the whole series of these books, and loaned them to me one or two at a time to read in junior high school. I loved them!
Erin
This book makes ME want to go to Lonely Marvin's Marsh.
that sounds cool!
Lia
I loved this whole series my Mom passed them all down to me.
Chrisavye
Another great read.....this will keep you on your toes!!!!!!!
Lily E
3 estrelas - grande leitura da minha pré-adolescência!
Molly's Sister
one of my favorite ghost writer trixie books
Kolan
read when I was eleven through 13
D.A.
D.A. added it
Apr 18, 2015
Sarah Tolson
Sarah Tolson marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Narelle Green
Narelle Green marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Fire Dragon (Nancy Drew, #38)
  • Cherry Ames, Senior Nurse (Cherry Ames, #2)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Big Adventure at Home (The Bobbsey Twins #8)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...

Trixie Belden (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden #1)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Gatehouse Mystery
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
  • The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8)
  • The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9)
  • The Mystery at Bob-White Cave (Trixie Belden #11)
The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8) The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9) The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7) The Mystery at Bob-White Cave (Trixie Belden #11) The Mystery of the Blinking Eye