Mystery of the Vanishing Victim (Trixie Belden #33)

Mystery of the Vanishing Victim (Trixie Belden #33)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  465 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Published June 1st 1980 by Golden Books

To ask other readers questions about Mystery of the Vanishing Victim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery of the Vanishing Victim

Naomi
For Christmas one year, my parents grabbed me the entire Trixie Belden set and I couldn't put them down. After I finished with them, they continued to purchase them as quickly as I could read them. Even with a learning disability, I devoured the books. I look back now and I find that Trixie Belden was much more age related to young girls, particularly to me, reading the books than Nancy Drew. There was something in these books that I found to be a greater escape than I did ND, too. I found that...more
April Brown
A childhood favorite re-visited.

Is the story as good as I remember? – Yes

What ages would I recommend it too? – Ten and up.

Length? – Most of a day’s read.

Characters? – Memorable, several characters.

Setting? – Real world, pre - computer, pre - air conditioning, pre - cell phone.

Written approximately? – 1980.

Does the story leave questions in the readers mind? – Ready to read more.

Any issues the author (or a more recent publisher) should cover? Yes. A slight mention of the time frame of the story -...more
Lisa C
This one holds a particular place in my heart. Not because it was especially good. I have no memory of what it's about, actually, but for years I hid from my dirty little secret of my childhood love. By high school, I was embarrassed by how much time and money I'd spent on Trixie. I'd been the only one I knew who'd read the books. Then, in college, I spent a few days at the home of a sorority sister. There, proudly lined up on her bookshelves for all the world to see was her entire collection of...more
Joy Gerbode
This book was much better than the last ... but again, I do not remember reading this. All of these later books I know I read but it was only once and years ago, and they obviously didn't make a lasting impression.

This episode in the lives of Trixie and friends finds them helping someone ... and finding once again that life is all about helping others. Lots of fun, and good, easy, reading.
Bonnie
I like all the Bob-Whites together and working together in this one. This book also contains one of my favorite lines in the series, Trixie's, "Math ruins everything," which is my basic philosophy of life.
Tacey
How appropriate to read this today as we prepare for the big car show of the summer. There will be no Fords at this show, however.
Erin
Not sure whether I've ever read this one.

*****I hadn't, but blah.

Re-read May 2011. Trixie is annoying in this one.
Chloe
I usually like all of them but this one a wasn't a favorite.
Telisha
Rummage sales, charity, old cars and a crazy inventor.
Marts  (Thinker)
Great children's mystery series...
Lisa
Mar 08, 2008 Lisa added it
Book 33
Mitali
Mitali marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Naomi Senkbeil
Naomi Senkbeil marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • The Phantom of Pine Hill (Nancy Drew, #42)
  • The Mystery of the Headless Horse (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #26)
The Kathryn Kenny pseudonym was created by Western Publishing House in 1961, three years after Julie Campbell wrote her last book (#6) of the Trixie Belden series. There were several ghost writers who wrote Trixie Belden stories under this pseudonym. Some have been identified and later credited but some are still unknown.
More about Kathryn Kenny...
The Black Jacket Mystery (Trixie Belden, #8) The Happy Valley Mystery (Trixie Belden, #9) The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7) The Marshland Mystery The Mystery at Bob-White Cave (Trixie Belden #11)