Start by marking “Surreptitious (London #1)” as Want to Read:
Surreptitious (London #1)

Surreptitious (London #1)

Taylor Corsi, the girl who controls everything. The air she breathes, the life she leads and everyone who is involved with her, except....

The guy who has it all. The house, the car, the money, the brothers, the life. No one knows the true Jackson Brent. Everyone has an opinion, he lets them. Gorgeous, charismatic, secretive, egotistical and damn proud of it. Jackson is eve
Published August 22nd 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Surreptitious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surreptitious

Deborah
Jul 22, 2014 Deborah rated it really liked it
I have to say I really, really enjoyed this book.
Taylor is strong, or at least she appears to be she has her two best friends Harper and Jase and that's all she needs, she doesn't date, she doesn't need the hassle if you let someone in they'll just turn around and let you down and while she may not be happy as such she's content. Until she meets Jackson Brent and then she has to re-evaluate her life and her decisions since he seems determined to spoil her carefully made plans, how dare he.
Jackso
Emily Finch
Aug 10, 2014 Emily Finch rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-reading, kindle, free
I liked the storyline but I just couldn't stand the dialogue. It's like something I would write when I was fifteen. And the slut shaming. My goodness. There was too many capitalised words used, not just in, but as sentences. The story just made it bearable.
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
In the beginning this was goingto easily be 5star read. But the last 30% just fell flat to me. So i took a star. I still loved it. I wanta read Mase story now
Candi-
Jan 04, 2014 Candi- rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading this I could not put it down!! This is a story on Taylor and Jax(him and his eyes....SWOON)has a chance encounter and they have an instant connection. I loved Taylor and Jax together!! I wish she had given into Jax a lot sooner, it would have saved her a lot of work. They both have troubled pasts. Taylor is known by others as Ice because they say she is as cold as ice. She doesn't open up easily to others except her 2 BFF's Harper and Jase because her parents were killed ...more
Steph
Feb 10, 2015 Steph rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-on-kindle, dnf
DNF

I could not finish this book, it has a ridiculous amount of exclamation points!!! It feels like this book was written by an over-excitable teenager and actually it almost reads like a text message between giggly teens. The part in the male POV is not convincing, by that I mean I can hear the authors voice through him. He is not a believable character and comes across in the exact same way as the female lead, which I take it is the authors personality shining through. One last thing, too much
Kacey Hamford
May 12, 2015 Kacey Hamford rated it it was amazing
D Breeze is a new author to me and i decided on this book as i loved the cover and the synopsis drew me in. It was not a disappointment, it was full of great characters, hot brothers and a couple with a connection that they just couldn't deny or avoid.
I was hooked on this book and found i stayed up late to get it finished.
I love Taylor and Jackson, they both have issues to deal with from their pasts. I love their flirting, banter and Taylor's stubborness.

Great read
Melanie Belocura
Dec 22, 2013 Melanie Belocura rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love love love this book......I had it in my to read shelf on my ipad for a while. Once i started i could not stop.....So good....Cant wait for Resist.
Jodie Squelch
Sep 08, 2013 Jodie Squelch rated it really liked it
I really wanted to give this book 5 stars but frustratingly because of editing issues I can only give it 4.
We meet Taylor whose life used to be happy and complete…… but tragedy stuck.
Her parents were murdered by someone she trusted.
She used university as an excuse to run away from her past.
Five years on, Taylor still has trust issues and keeps the world blocked out. She is petrified of feeling again and ending up hurt.
She likes to keep herself within a very controlled bubble which only her two
Amanda
Sep 18, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Loved this book !!! Loved the sassy characters and the back and forth between Taylor and jaxs
Heather andrews
Sep 14, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Oh Jackson you're a fine piece of a** need a little work in the manners department, "damn girl, you can seriously move. Eff me, so god damn hot!! Wanna come to the bar? Let me get you a drink?" I mean he really does need to work on his manners, "maybe before you start screaming you god damn head off in my house and waking my brothers up, you could use your effing manners and say thank you for looking after you last night since you were high as a effing kite and passed out, falling straight on ...more
Megaen Vaughn
Sep 09, 2013 Megaen Vaughn rated it really liked it
In this story, both Tay & Jax have horrible pasts that hold them back from committing to relationships. Taylor’s nickname is “Ice” and Jackson just finds something about Taylor that he’s intrigued about and considers her his equal – even with her fiesty bitchiness (it’s kind of a turn on)! As an alpha male, Jax has his eyes set on what he wants and he is not giving up that easily! But can he melt through Taylor’s shield that she so strongly holds in place to keep everyone out, including her ...more
The Book Hangover
Sep 09, 2013 The Book Hangover rated it really liked it
In this story, both Tay & Jax have horrible pasts that hold them back from committing to relationships. Taylor's nickname is "Ice" and Jackson just finds something about Taylor that he's intrigued about and considers her his equal - even with her fiesty bitchiness (it's kind of a turn on)! As an alpha male, Jax has his eyes set on what he wants and he is not giving up that easily! But can he melt through Taylor's shield that she so strongly holds in place to keep everyone out, including her ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jul 20, 2015 Book-Lover Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Taylor Corsi is a girl who's broken. Her Nickname 'Ice' comes from her emotionless persona and bitchy attitude. She's a girl who's lived through a shitty experience and ploughs through life in autopilot. She isn't interested in sleeping with men, or even relationships. But when Jackson (Jax) comes along, she can't help but to feel again.

Jax is relentless is perusing Taylor and doesn't take no for an answer, literally. He goes to extreme lengths to get her to open up to him and to fight her demo
Nikki Costello
Aug 31, 2015 Nikki Costello rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book and had finished it in just a few hours.
Taylor Corsi is a strong willed young women who has faced major tragedy in her life but with the help of her 2 best friends has gotten through it and is living her life in London and attending University but she has no-one special in her life and has vowed to stay away from men forever.

Jax Brent hasn't had an easy life growing up either but is now the proud owner of his 3rd night
Helen Stothard
Oct 21, 2014 Helen Stothard rated it really liked it
Different plot

3.5 Stars

I'm so disappointed that the proofreading in this book let it down. The story was different, certainly one of the best past demons I've read for a female lead, but the glaring errors overshadowed the story too often.

Good characters, interesting will they/won't they plot, that would have made it a 4.5 star read.

There were some real laugh out loud moments, especially a scene in a restaurant and another in a cinema.

It was a story about lack of trust, building walls to avoid
Cassandra
Aug 12, 2014 Cassandra rated it liked it
I liked the story but the dialogue was a like some mix of gangster teenage lingo that didn't fit the age of the characters.

I hated the female main character. She was awful. She describes herself as a bitch and the writer portrayed her as such. This is one book that I really wanted to see the male lead character walk away and keep walking. YES! She was that bad.

The author must look up how to properly conjugate the verb "to see." There were too many mistakes for it just to be a typo. Also, the aut
Give Me Books
May 09, 2014 Give Me Books rated it really liked it
Surreptitious was a really good read for a debut novel.

Taylor Corsi is a tough, fiercely independent young lady who has seen more than her fair share of heartbreak. Losing both of her parents a few years before had forever changed her and not for the better.

Along comes Jackson Brent with his gorgeous eyes, hot body and very domineering personality and Taylor has finally met her match.

Taylor and Jax's story was definitely entertaining. They had both been through some tough times in the past, but
Louise White
Nov 07, 2015 Louise White rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read, the story wasn't rushed and flowed well. Both having a past and secrets that they are clinging on to, Taylor and Jackson's relationship is hostile. Taylor fights against it and builds her walls even higher, making it harder for Jackson to break through despite knowing that she is "the one" his "it". But can they get past each other's secrets and finally truly be together?

Whilst I enjoyed the story, it didn't grip me. This is the start of the London series and I may p
Lindsey Melia
May 10, 2014 Lindsey Melia rated it really liked it
I liked this read. I don't know If I loved it. BUT I did really enjoy it. I loved the Alpha Male vibe Jackson was sending off. And that he would not just walk away from Taylor without a fight. BUT I really wanted to shake Taylor so hard at some points in it. I get she gad a bad past but COME ON GIRL! Suck it up! LOL. Other then wanting to shout at Tay I rally did like the story. So much so I read it in one sitting :)
Kimothy
Sep 06, 2015 Kimothy rated it liked it
A debut novel for this author that is well accomplished. I liked the female lead and how she was a bot frosty she has her reasons for it, but i liked how she did not fall head over heels straight away for Jax.Both characters are complete opposites and go through their own trials through the story and it helps you to feel more for them.
Leesaann
Apr 06, 2014 Leesaann rated it it was ok
Just ok

I liked the story but it was missing something for me. I didn't feel emotionally connected with the characters. I finished the story but more because I was determined to finish and not because I wanted to know what happened. Basically just boring. If there wasn't an epilogue I would have felt cheated and probably would have returned for a refund.
Ceri
Sep 21, 2013 Ceri rated it it was ok
I had a really hard time with the dialogue. I love the alpha male but sometimes the way two characters interact with each other can be annoying. I think Taylor was over the top with everything, she doesn't develop just has an epiphany one day "wow, I am an unreasonable bitch". It just didn't work for me.
Kathryn Knapp
Aug 10, 2014 Kathryn Knapp rated it it was amazing
Love those Londoners!

Love those Londoners!

this novel was so funny. I found myself laughing out loud most of the time when it came to this book. I would recommend this book to anyone!
Kim Wantstoread Brewing
I struggled a little bit with the dialogue, and all the capitalization. I did enjoy the story itself though.
Hayley
Feb 16, 2016 Hayley rated it it was amazing
Literally took me 4hrs to read this that's how badly I couldn't put it down....love me some alpha's but jax fuck he's one of my fave. Loved it!!! Now the next one!!!!
Suzy Clark
Suzy Clark rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Carmen
Carmen rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2014
Suzy
Suzy rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Jadababes3899
Jadababes3899 rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Thahsina
Thahsina rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Until I Met You
  • More Than One Night
  • Ravaged (Unravel Me)
  • Beautiful Liar
  • Disturbing Stranger
  • Hypnotized
  • Freed by Fire (Chicago in Love, #1)
  • Head Above Water
  • In Bed with the Boss
  • Pulse (Club Grit Trilogy, #1)
  • The Stand Off
  • Taking A Risk
  • Keep Me Safe
  • Hellhound Born (Kasadya, #3)
  • Trouble
  • Lion's First Roar! (Her Russian Protector, #6.2)
  • Tug of War (Bloodlines, #1)
  • Redemption (Redemption, #4)

London (3 books)