The Book Of Bunny Suicides

The Book Of Bunny Suicides (Books of the Bunny Suicides #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  6,850 ratings  ·  314 reviews
Front quote is "If you are a bunny contemplating suicide, then this is the book for you" by Paul Whitehouse
Paperback
Published 2003 by Hodder And Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about The Book Of Bunny Suicides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book Of Bunny Suicides

Lynn
i have to meet this man so that i can ask him when the
in came to his mind. Oh yeah, and what was he
doing at the time. In church? Changing his
oil? Filling out a tax form?

Then the next thing I'd want to know is whether
it was difficult to come up with all these
mostrous ways to say goodbye. I mean-did the bunny
in the lobster tank with the scuba gear just come
to him?

And then finally I'd tell him about standing in a
bookstore in Rome with the Italian versi...more
owl
ahahahaha. lucuuu banget.
ternyata kelinci lebih punya banyak cara buat bunuh diri.
kalo baca buku ini, cara bunuh diri dengan loncat dari gedung bertingkat atau gantung diri atau minum racun terkesan kurang kreatif.hehe.
tapi kelinci tuh kenapa yah 'maksa' banget pengen bunuh diri.
padahal kan dia hewan yang lucu. di rumah-ku aja diternakin. kalo udah banyak baru dijualin ehehehe.

yah, mungkin dia bosan jadi hewan percobaan.

Killer Rabbit
Just pretend the bunnies are BBAs
(Only kidding BBAs) The worst thing about spring for me is that the bunnies start emerging from their burrows, feeling all groggy and rubbing their eyes. Next thing you know, they're staggering across the roads, and I'm swerving and yelling, "Didn't your mother tell you not to play in the street?!"

So each spring, I pull out this book as a twisted form of therapy for all the rabbit road kill. Challenging Darth Vader to a light saber duel and tunneling to ground ze...more
Silletta
Prendete una giornata in cui l'umore tende al colore grigio/nero, in cui si vorrebbe ringhiare in faccia ad ogni persona che osa proferire parola al vostro cospetto. Poi prendete questo libro, sfogatevi e aspettate: la luce divina della rinascita scenderà su di voi e sul vostro ghigno soddisfatto ed estatico.

Sono una persona cattiva, diciamocelo, e a volte nemmeno tanto simpatica (non storcete il naso e non negate, capita a tutti). E un libro di questo tipo, che offre brillanti spunti per le mie...more
Harun Harahap
Berdo'a:

"Ya Allah, maafkan hambamu ini, karena menganggap kelinci yang melakukan berbagai macam percobaan bunuh diri merupakan sebuah hal yang LUCU! Amieeennn"
Anna  Matsuyama
I like dark humour and I think my sense of humour is OK. This little book grabbed my attention and I found the first drawings amusing but soon I was bored.

And what the point of this book? To raise awareness or just make fun of people who have suicidal tendencies/consider suicide?

Mimo
Sep 10, 2007 Mimo rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People with a twisted sense of humor
Shelves: adult-fiction
Suicide is never funny, unless those who are doing themselves in are cartoon fluffy bunnies. I felt a little guilty laughing at it, but couldn't help myself. The cartoons were just too funny not to. My favorite was the bunny who stood on only half a circle to be beamed up on star trek.
binnudeya
If you want to read about a fluffy cute white bunny committing suicide in a very funny-creative kinda way, then here ya gooo.
Lisa Vegan
This is undoubtedly the most perverted book I’ve ever read. It’s also ingenious, and it’s very funny.

My favorite suicidal bunnies are the “Beam me up Scotty” and “Noah’s Ark” and also the “airplane toilet” and, and, and so many others.

I’m reminded a little of Gary Larson and I love The Far Side. Here though, it’s all bunnies, all suicidal, all the time.

I see that there are other books of additional suicidal bunnies. I’m not sure how many more variations this author/illustrator can come up with,...more
Erica
Nov 22, 2008 Erica rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: depressed/morose bunnies
I was curious to read this book after learning of the many controversies -- and attempted pulling from shelves of outraged patrons at various libraries.

What, I wondered, was so devastatingly horrible that it was a such a danger to humanity?

As it turns out, a book of cartoons about some very sad little bunnies offing themselves. It's a spiral of misery, beginning with the first noose tied to the arms of a Big-Ben like clock to the use of a mini-trampoline and a helicopter.

I do wonder how many sma...more
Rachel
I don't know what it says about me as a person, but I proudly display this book and The Gashlycrumb Tinies on my physical bookshelf at home. I think they are delightful and they make me smile. Why do I find suicidal little bunnies charming and endearing? I probably don't want to know, I just know that I do. Such creative and imaginative little critters they are were.
Tukang Kueh Keren
Beneran deh ni kelinci...setress berat karena beban hidup makin tinggi apa begimana. Seperti apa kata Buzenk....bunuh diri dengan cara lompat dari Mall, dari papan iklan, minum racun, sungguh tidak kreatif.

Beneran bikin ngakak sendiri, mengingat cara si kelinci mencari cara yang rumit buat bunuh diri, padahal bener kata Dyka...beliin tiket ke Lembang aja, kita bikin sate kelinci...nyam...nyam...nyam.

duh...jadi laper...
harlequin {Stephanie}
It's ridiculous & wrong on so, so many levels. Wouldn't recommend for children period. Most adults would enjoy the humorous ways the bunnies attempt to die.

Mhmm... On that note, I'm gonna go to my therapy session now. Doctor, I think I might be chemically imbalanced.
Hilda
Bunny. Suicide.

Okay.

Well, astonishing mixture. I don't really get the moral of the book (is there any?). Still, fun read. A good laugh.
Mihail Kostov
Илюстрациите са забавни, но цената не си заслужава. Определено не си заслужава…
Jeanne
Jun 15, 2007 Jeanne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: suicidal peeps
laugh at/with the pain... it's all we can do.
Nicoal
Teehee!
Florencia
Riley should be medicated. And I really liked this apparently simple book of cartoons, so I'm in no better shape. This is all Tim Burton's fault. He led me to this book and now, I can't stop. I love humor, and this is my favorite kind.

This book contains some hilarious, twisted, macabre, weird and tender stuff. I admit I felt a little guilty because I was laughing while some depressed little bunnies that were tired of living, decided to leave this world in a memorable and effective way. But I co...more
David Schaafsma
One page jokes with multiple ways bunnies might have committed suicide by British author/artist Riley. Funny, and because they are so WRONG, they will be hilarious to many people, like Helen Keller jokes or Ethiopian hunger jokes, etc. Crossing the line is what comedy is about, most of the time, seems to me, as that film about the Greatest Joke in the World discussed and demonstrated… the one who went the farthest got the most laughs… very interesting. So suicide is NOT an okay topic to laugh ab...more
annik
Полное название: The Book of Bunny Suicides: Little Fluffy Rabbits Who Just Don’t Want to Live Any More. Каким-то образом эта серия комиксов проходила мимо меня до сих пор, и только благодаря случайности и новогоднему безделью я упоролась зайцами-самоубийцами. Создатель – Andy Riley, замеченный в связях с обожаемыми Black Books, и хотя бы поэтому он был заведомо обречен на успех у такой публики, как я.
90 страничек, на протяжении которых зайчики пытаются покончить жизнь самоубийством. Причем зача...more
Heidi
Some teen's mom took out the book and then said she was going to burn it rather than turn it back in? Yeah you bet I'll read this one! Ha! to you, close-minded book burner/banner. Yes the humor is twisted. There were also some funny ones. I hadn't expected to see actual suicides, just the attempts. In any case, the review on the cover "very worrying if you're the author's mother" is quite true. But that doesn't mean ban the book. It's stupid and dumb, so of course what teens wouldn't find it hil...more
Mark
The line-drawn bunny in Andy Riley's Bunny Suicides book seems to be the same one in every panel, no matter how many times he offs himself, giving the bunny the air of a Wile E. Coyote figure who dies horrendously in every sequence and yet somehow manages to come back for more the instant you flip the page. This Persistence of Rabbit gives an otherwise macabre book a sweetness (believe it or not) that makes its gallows humor seem charming. The consistently inventive and increasingly unlikely sui...more
Kat
Utterly disturbing, but kind of like a train wreck: you just can't look away. Then you find yourself laughing at the utter absurdity of it... Definitely NOT for small children (way too warped for that) but fun for adults.
Ginny Messina
The fact that I read this book shows that Lisa Vegan has way too much influence on my reading habits. It was worth it, though. I'm still laughing. Highly recommended for anyone with a good (and warped) sense of humor.

Tara
A friend of mine wrote in my copy:
Far superior to good bad tv, but not really as attention-demanding as real books with real words. Not to mention, the most excellent bathroom reading in existence.
Tatiyana White
That awkward moment when you like something terrible and know you won't be able to fully articulate to someone else just why you like it so much...

*Cue Conway Twitty*
Janie Cakes
There are some super creative forms of suicide in this little book, I'm sad it had to be bunnies. Why couldn't it have been cockroaches? WHY?!
Daria
Truly warped...and utterly hilarious!!! This one ranks right up there with The Gashlycrumb Tinies!
James
Had to read this since we found our pet rabbit dead Saturday morning. We're ruling it a suicide!
  • Ten Little Zombies: A Love Story
  • Cyanide and Happiness Vol. 2: Ice Cream & Sadness
  • Simon's Cat
  • Toothpaste for Dinner
  • All My Friends Are Dead
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides
  • Lenore : Noogies (Issues 1-4)
  • Creepy Susie and 13 Other Tragic Tales for Troubled Children
  • Gris Grimly's Wicked Nursery Rhymes
  • Should You Be Laughing at This?
  • A.L.I.E.E.E.N.: Archives of Lost Issues and Earthly Editions of Extraterrestrial Novelties
  • The Twelve Terrors of Christmas
  • The Far Side Gallery 2
  • xkcd: volume 0
  • Pat the Zombie: A Cruel (Adult) Spoof
  • Mafalda 3
  • Oglaf Book One
Andy Riley is a cartoonist and scriptwriter from Britain.
He drew a weekly strip cartoon for The Observer Magazine called Roasted, which is also collected in hardback edition. So far his books have sold around one and a half million copies and have been published in eighteen countries, producing calendar, greetings card and poster spin-offs. Lucky Heather is his self-published mini-comic.
His comedy...more
More about Andy Riley...
Return of the Bunny Suicides Great Lies to Tell Small Kids The Bumper Book of Bunny Suicides Dawn of the Bunny Suicides Loads More Lies to Tell Small Kids