Start by marking “The Book Of Bunny Suicides” as Want to Read:
The Book Of Bunny Suicides

The Book Of Bunny Suicides (Books of the Bunny Suicides #1)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  7,811 ratings  ·  364 reviews
Front quote is "If you are a bunny contemplating suicide, then this is the book for you" by Paul Whitehouse
Paperback
Published 2003 by Hodder And Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about The Book Of Bunny Suicides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book Of Bunny Suicides

Lynn
i have to meet this man so that i can ask him when the
in came to his mind. Oh yeah, and what was he
doing at the time. In church? Changing his
oil? Filling out a tax form?

Then the next thing I'd want to know is whether
it was difficult to come up with all these
mostrous ways to say goodbye. I mean-did the bunny
in the lobster tank with the scuba gear just come
to him?

And then finally I'd tell him about standing in a
bookstore in Rome with the Italian versi
owl
ahahahaha. lucuuu banget.
ternyata kelinci lebih punya banyak cara buat bunuh diri.
kalo baca buku ini, cara bunuh diri dengan loncat dari gedung bertingkat atau gantung diri atau minum racun terkesan kurang kreatif.hehe.
tapi kelinci tuh kenapa yah 'maksa' banget pengen bunuh diri.
padahal kan dia hewan yang lucu. di rumah-ku aja diternakin. kalo udah banyak baru dijualin ehehehe.

yah, mungkin dia bosan jadi hewan percobaan.

Florencia Brino
Riley should be medicated. And I really liked this apparently simple book of cartoons, so I'm in no better shape. This is all Tim Burton's fault. He led me to this book and now, I can't stop. I love humor, and this is my favorite kind.

This book contains some hilarious, twisted, macabre, weird and tender stuff. I admit I felt a little guilty because I was laughing while some depressed little bunnies that were tired of living, decided to leave this world in a memorable and effective way. But I co
Kristijan
BRUUUUUUTALNO!!!
Samo za one koji vole crni humor...
Jadne male pufnaste zekice kojima je dosta...
Silletta
Prendete una giornata in cui l'umore tende al colore grigio/nero, in cui si vorrebbe ringhiare in faccia ad ogni persona che osa proferire parola al vostro cospetto. Poi prendete questo libro, sfogatevi e aspettate: la luce divina della rinascita scenderà su di voi e sul vostro ghigno soddisfatto ed estatico.

Sono una persona cattiva, diciamocelo, e a volte nemmeno tanto simpatica (non storcete il naso e non negate, capita a tutti). E un libro di questo tipo, che offre brillanti spunti per le mie
Harun Harahap
Berdo'a:

"Ya Allah, maafkan hambamu ini, karena menganggap kelinci yang melakukan berbagai macam percobaan bunuh diri merupakan sebuah hal yang LUCU! Amieeennn"
FeReSHte

شاید کمتر کسی برای خندوندن مخاطب سراغ ایده ی مرگ و خودکشی بره
طبیعتن نباید اصلن خنده دار باشه
ولی وقتی ماجراهای یه خرگوش کوچولویی رو دنبال می کنید که برای کندن از این دنیا این همه راه های مبتکرانه و پیچیده رو امتحان می کنه خنده به لب هاتون می یاد
خوندن که نه ! ولی تماشا کردن این مجموعه ی سه جلدی خالی از لطف نیست
....

بخشی از تلاش های ایشون

Anna Matsuyama
I like dark humour and I think my sense of humour is OK. This little book grabbed my attention and I found the first drawings amusing but soon I was bored.

And what the point of this book? To raise awareness or just make fun of people who have suicidal tendencies/consider suicide?

Mimo
Sep 10, 2007 Mimo rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People with a twisted sense of humor
Shelves: adult-fiction
Suicide is never funny, unless those who are doing themselves in are cartoon fluffy bunnies. I felt a little guilty laughing at it, but couldn't help myself. The cartoons were just too funny not to. My favorite was the bunny who stood on only half a circle to be beamed up on star trek.
binnudeya
If you want to read about a fluffy cute white bunny committing suicide in a very funny-creative kinda way, then here ya gooo.
Lisa Vegan
This is undoubtedly the most perverted book I’ve ever read. It’s also ingenious, and it’s very funny.

My favorite suicidal bunnies are the “Beam me up Scotty” and “Noah’s Ark” and also the “airplane toilet” and, and, and so many others.

I’m reminded a little of Gary Larson and I love The Far Side. Here though, it’s all bunnies, all suicidal, all the time.

I see that there are other books of additional suicidal bunnies. I’m not sure how many more variations this author/illustrator can come up with,
Erica
Nov 22, 2008 Erica rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: depressed/morose bunnies
I was curious to read this book after learning of the many controversies -- and attempted pulling from shelves of outraged patrons at various libraries.

What, I wondered, was so devastatingly horrible that it was a such a danger to humanity?

As it turns out, a book of cartoons about some very sad little bunnies offing themselves. It's a spiral of misery, beginning with the first noose tied to the arms of a Big-Ben like clock to the use of a mini-trampoline and a helicopter.

I do wonder how many sma
Somayeh
"..very imaginative, very funny, very worrying if you are the author's mother" :D

Rachel
I don't know what it says about me as a person, but I proudly display this book and The Gashlycrumb Tinies on my physical bookshelf at home. I think they are delightful and they make me smile. Why do I find suicidal little bunnies charming and endearing? I probably don't want to know, I just know that I do. Such creative and imaginative little critters they are were.
Tukang Kueh Keren
Beneran deh ni kelinci...setress berat karena beban hidup makin tinggi apa begimana. Seperti apa kata Buzenk....bunuh diri dengan cara lompat dari Mall, dari papan iklan, minum racun, sungguh tidak kreatif.

Beneran bikin ngakak sendiri, mengingat cara si kelinci mencari cara yang rumit buat bunuh diri, padahal bener kata Dyka...beliin tiket ke Lembang aja, kita bikin sate kelinci...nyam...nyam...nyam.

duh...jadi laper...
harlequin {Stephanie}
It's ridiculous & wrong on so, so many levels. Wouldn't recommend for children period. Most adults would enjoy the humorous ways the bunnies attempt to die.

Mhmm... On that note, I'm gonna go to my therapy session now. Doctor, I think I might be chemically imbalanced.
Hilda
Bunny. Suicide.

Okay.

Well, astonishing mixture. I don't really get the moral of the book (is there any?). Still, fun read. A good laugh.
Mihail Kostov
Илюстрациите са забавни, но цената не си заслужава. Определено не си заслужава…
Jeanne
Jun 15, 2007 Jeanne rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: suicidal peeps
laugh at/with the pain... it's all we can do.
David Schaafsma
One page jokes with multiple ways bunnies might have committed suicide by British author/artist Riley. Funny, and because they are so WRONG, they will be hilarious to many people, like Helen Keller jokes or Ethiopian hunger jokes, etc. Crossing the line is what comedy is about, most of the time, seems to me, as that film about the Greatest Joke in the World discussed and demonstrated… the one who went the farthest got the most laughs… very interesting. So suicide is NOT an okay topic to laugh ab ...more
Andrew
I know its wrong but they are so funny - this really is the sun total of any of the bunny suicides series - and I must admit that the franchise has spread far and wide (I think I had their calendar last year) but the series is still going strong. What I love about them is their creativity on finding new and unique ways to shuffle off this mortal coil. There are so many which are topical and just down right strange, there are so which I honestly think Heath Robinson would have been proud.
Heidi
Some teen's mom took out the book and then said she was going to burn it rather than turn it back in? Yeah you bet I'll read this one! Ha! to you, close-minded book burner/banner. Yes the humor is twisted. There were also some funny ones. I hadn't expected to see actual suicides, just the attempts. In any case, the review on the cover "very worrying if you're the author's mother" is quite true. But that doesn't mean ban the book. It's stupid and dumb, so of course what teens wouldn't find it hil ...more
Eve Kay
My fluffy friends know how to entertain me. I couldn't get up in the morning if I didn't see my bunny suicides poster on my wardrobe door.
Mark
The line-drawn bunny in Andy Riley's Bunny Suicides book seems to be the same one in every panel, no matter how many times he offs himself, giving the bunny the air of a Wile E. Coyote figure who dies horrendously in every sequence and yet somehow manages to come back for more the instant you flip the page. This Persistence of Rabbit gives an otherwise macabre book a sweetness (believe it or not) that makes its gallows humor seem charming. The consistently inventive and increasingly unlikely sui ...more
Kika
Niekedy začiatok mi povedala Maťa, že si to mám pozrieť. A je to dobré, strašne vtipné :D.
Matt Williams
A funny little book to flick through.
Kat
Utterly disturbing, but kind of like a train wreck: you just can't look away. Then you find yourself laughing at the utter absurdity of it... Definitely NOT for small children (way too warped for that) but fun for adults.
  • Simon's Cat: Beyond the Fence
  • Ten Little Zombies: A Love Story
  • Should You Be Laughing at This?
  • Lenore: Noogies
  • The Far Side Gallery 2
  • I Hate Everything
  • Pat the Zombie: A Cruel (Adult) Spoof
  • Monsters Eat Whiny Children
  • Mafalda 3 (Mafalda, #3)
  • xkcd: volume 0
Andy Riley is a cartoonist and scriptwriter from Britain.
He drew a weekly strip cartoon for The Observer Magazine called Roasted, which is also collected in hardback edition. So far his books have sold around one and a half million copies and have been published in eighteen countries, producing calendar, greetings card and poster spin-offs. Lucky Heather is his self-published mini-comic.
His comedy
More about Andy Riley...

Books of the Bunny Suicides (3 books)
  • Return of the Bunny Suicides
  • Dawn of the Bunny Suicides
Return of the Bunny Suicides Great Lies to Tell Small Kids Dawn of the Bunny Suicides The Bumper Book of Bunny Suicides Loads More Lies to Tell Small Kids