Start by marking “One More Dance” as Want to Read:
One More Dance

One More Dance (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

Dear Author,
Dancing used to be this guy’s only purpose in life and he wanted to keep it that way. So how does a certain someone make him crave more?

Photo Description:
Blond-haired man in a full side split, gazing off to the left.

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's "Love Has No Boundaries" event. Group members were asked to write a story prompt inspi
Published August 12th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about One More Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Dance

Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

When I saw this picture prompt I first thought *wow! That is amazing* then I thought *ouch, it hurts just to think about getting my body to consider that*.

Dancers have a huge amount of discipline and passion (I admire them so much, alas I suck rocks at more than just looking longingly at their ability) and Jerome is no different.
Everett brings the same passion to his career as a soldier and that's how they ended up apart.

(view spoiler)
Lolita
Dec 26, 2013 Lolita rated it it was amazing
the story of Dancer boy and solder boy is amazing.

it really affected me.

i loved the relationship between the damaged solder and the ballet dancer, and the duration of time, and performance at the beginning, and when the split up at September 11. their true love, their cuddling and loving....

recommended!

Kinga
Sep 17, 2015 Kinga rated it really liked it
Shelves: boyxboy, romance
Okay, this was a very good read. Recovering from PTSD and having multiple disabilities, Everett really needed love in his life.
This is such a unique pairing, I mean soldier/dancer's don't just appear in every story. It flowed so nice.
K
Dec 26, 2013 K rated it really liked it
Shelves: dritc
LHNB story released 12th August 2013
3.5 stars rounded up
Really nicely written story of a principal dancer, Jerome, who has been alone since 9.11 when his soldier partner of 2 years or so left to return to active duty. Now approaching retirement at the age of 38 Jerome is finding something is missing from his life, but at a first night after show party Everette, his soldier, walks back into his life. Things have being difficult for Everette and he has been discharged from the army with physical a
Shannon
Dec 26, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it
I wish this one was a full length novel so we could see the day to day struggles and trials that this couple must have to deal with. Very sweet story about a ballet dancer and a soldier who have been apart for many years but have just met again. One a tired, sore dancer and the other a scarred man with severe PTSD....and his wonderful dog. Great story!
Aug 21, 2013 Sarah rated it did not like it
Wasn't a fan of the writing. It was too technical with a small amount of casual dialogue thrown in. It wasn't very fluid and the emotions were really lacking. For being separated for so lo g but so in love, there was a really blah reunion. I didn't like this one.
Katy Beth Mckee
Wow deep, deep emotion. A story of pain and the struggle to recovery. I thought it was timely when the day after I finished reading this story I saw a news story about companion dogs for returning vets.
Victoria
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this sweet and touching story, the characters and the romance. Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you Nicole Dennis for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Melanie~~
This is a really beautiful story of hurt and comfort.

[NOTE: I rate most writing event stories (free reads) 4 or 5 stars because of my appreciation of the author's participation.]
Maggie
Dec 26, 2013 Kat rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lhnb-ditrc-ll
Lila Hunter
Dec 26, 2013 Lila Hunter rated it really liked it
I could see a full novel based on this story.
Rachel
This was so sweet! I really liked the characters and their reunion. Thanks for a great story!
GlamLawyer
Oct 16, 2016 GlamLawyer rated it it was ok
Good plot but the writing didn't touch me. It felt too much like a report, emotionless and somehow technical. Especially the reunion didn't work for me. Too sober.
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 3. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

Meh, read like a public service announcement on PTSD. "I didn't understand everything, I mean, I've heard about soldiers with PTSD, but didn't know how it affected everyday life ... I didn't realize you need to be so disciplined with such a simple thing like sleep." All their conversations were like this, completely stilted.

It starts with Jeremy aka Je
Gail Thompson
Feb 03, 2016 Gail Thompson rated it really liked it
This is a free story written as part of the Romance without boundaries event. This is where writers of M/m romance were asked to select a photo and writing prompt supplied by a fan of the genre and write an original tale.
I liked this story. Elite ballet dancer meets battle wounded, scared and PTSD suffering soldier. I should say re-meets as these two have a history. For me this story conveyed the genuine feelings between the two. I saw vulnerability, love, caring, compassion and understanding. A
Asynia
Dec 03, 2013 Asynia rated it really liked it
Dedicated professional dancer Jerome has previously had a three year realtionship with soldier Everett. The latter goes off to fight, gets hurt and not surprisingly gets PTSD. I usually like stories where one, of both, of the MCs, has some kind of mental or neuropsychiatric issues, and I liked it in this story too. What I did not like was that there was too much unnecessary lack of communication. This story could however maybe be made into a good full length novel.

Note: I automatically add an ex
Monique
Dec 12, 2014 Monique rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This was a touching story about soldier boy and dancer boy reuniting. I love restablished couples and the hurt and comfort that comes with it. I felt I would have rated this higher if Jeremy had witnessed and dealt with Everette having an episode. It would have strengthened their relationship for the reader. I still enjoyed it anyways.
Teresa
Jun 16, 2015 Teresa rated it liked it
I didn't get why they had to be without contact for so long. Aren't guys in the military allowed to have male friends write them? The relationship picked up awfully fast after such along absence. Overall an OK story. Liked the dog.
Pamela Su
I enjoyed this story. Despite not being together for so long, they fit perfectly once they got back together. The descriptions of the dancing didn't jive with the story; a little too technical and clinical.
Helle
Helle rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2015
Mandi
Mandi rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2013
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2013
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Nicole Dennis
Jan 25, 2015 Nicole Dennis rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Lucy
Lucy rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix