Start by marking “Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)” as Want to Read:
Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)

Voyage to the Volcano (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #15)

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,596 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Get ready for some serious science fun when the Friz takes the kids on an explosive journey into the heart of a volcano!

Hi, I'm Dorothy Ann, one of the kids in Ms. Frizzle's class. When we started learning about volcanoes, I thought we'd just be studying them in books -- but Ms. Frizzle had other ideas. She took us all the way to Hawaii, where we waded through lava and saw
Published August 1st 2003 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Voyage to the Volcano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voyage to the Volcano

Scratch 2.0 Programming by Denis GolikovThe Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip by Joanna ColeOn The Ocean Floor by Bruce DegenThe Big Field by Anne MorddelArchaeologists Dig for Clues by Kate Duke
Science for Kids
48th out of 252 books — 58 voters
Pompeii by Robert   HarrisKrakatoa by Simon WinchesterThe Last Days of Pompeii by Edward Bulwer-LyttonAshen Sky by Pliny the YoungerCongo by Michael Crichton
Earthquake, Volcano and Tsunami
49th out of 62 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Amber
Dec 03, 2010 Amber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lit-50-books
5th-6th

The students from Ms. Frizzle’s class always go on adventures. These adventures take the reader through volcanoes, the human body and or space. In the Voyage to the Volcano Ms. Frizzle took her students inside a volcano to explore how they work. The class explores the volcano with their school that shrinks to a smaller size. This makes the class the perfect size to enter the volcano to explore. The students learn how the center of the earth affects the lava and how the lava forms. The st
Jan 28, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
Voyage to the Volcano is book in the Magic School Bus series.

In this science based chapter book, the kids and Ms. Frizzle head out in the Magic School Bus to Hawaii to learn all about volcanoes.

It is formatted like the other books in the series. This one has illustrations and sidebars that look like notebook paper reports written by the kids in the class.

In this adventure the bus turns into a raft, a helicopter and a submarine to take the young readers along on a fun trip. Learning about volcano
Gina Valdes
Apr 25, 2012 Gina Valdes rated it liked it
The Magic School Bus series has always been a favorite of mine. I grew up reading these books so have a soft spot for them now. The magic school bus books are always about the students going on an adventure. The Teacher, Ms. Frizz, takes them on adventures into the ocean, the human body, space, etc., in order to teach her lesson. In this particular book, they went to Hawaii to see a volcano. The students got to learn first hand what lava was and how exactly volcanos operated. These books are usu ...more
Christina
Jan 21, 2013 Christina rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-books
We visited Kilauea on Hawaii a few months ago, just like Ms. Frizzle and her crew. I'm glad I didn't get the book before we went (if it had been in the library I would have borrowed it) as it definitely emphasized the drama of volcanoes. My volcano-loving 5-year-old was apprehensive enough before our visit to Volcanoes National Park without worrying about his shoes getting stuck in lava, a sudden eruption enveloping our vehicle, etc.

This was the first Magic School Bus book we'd read and I'm not
Dolly
Oct 29, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Our girls adore Magic School Bus and we've read every book we can get our hands on. This is a great chapter book; it is not too long, and still has lots of pictures. It offers a compreshensive look at volcanoes and the dangers of an active volcano.

Our girls loved the fact that the class goes to Hawaii. They really miss the islands and it gave us a chance to reminisce. We never brought them to Volcanoes National Park, so we'll have to do that someday.

Overall, it's an entertaining and exciting st
Amber M
Oct 30, 2013 Amber M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fab-40-file
Genre: Nonfiction

Awards: None

Grade Level: 3-4

This book takes the students to Hawaii in a Magic School Bus, where they will wade through lava, tour the Sulfur Pits, visit the Ring of Fire, and experience an underwater volcanic eruption. I would read this book to my students while they were learning about volcano's or during a geography lesson. For a follow up activity, I would have the students correctly construct the three types of volcanoes out of “play dough”. The students would work in small
Kelsie Lee
Mar 11, 2015 Kelsie Lee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sdkf
its a great book you should read it
Teri
Jan 12, 2012 Teri rated it really liked it
My girls got a few of these for Christmas and LOVED reading them on their own. I'm really surprised at the things they tell me out of the blue when they are done. "Mom, did you know sometimes a volcano keeps erupting over and over on the ocean floor, and when it gets tall enough it is an ISLAND!" I think a set of all of these chapter books would be nice for our library.
Jun 20, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
A classroom of children take a field trip with their teacher, Ms. Frizzle, in her Magic School Bus. The bus can morph into a jet, a boat, a sub, a helicopter, and more because, well, it's magic. During the adventure the children learn about and report on volcanoes.

It was a fun story that my children enjoyed.
Callie Stillion
Aug 10, 2013 Callie Stillion rated it it was amazing
Ms.Frizzle takes her class to a volcano in Hawaii. The class is trying to learn about volcanoes for a class quiz bowl. Everyone goes into the hot lava and Carlos gets stuck in it. His shoe is now a piece of history!
Deanna
Nov 07, 2008 Deanna rated it liked it
Shelves: science
The kids really liked this book. We had lots of good discussion from it. They want to read more about volcanos. They also had to tell their dad at dinner all the things they've learned about volcanos.
Stephanie Ung
This would be a good book to teach about Volcanos then a fun transition into rocks. You could introduce the students to the different rocks created by molten lava.
Theresa
May 31, 2016 Theresa rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)
Stamper, Judith Bauer
science supplement for the classroom
Mandy
Sep 21, 2011 Mandy rated it really liked it
Of all the books I remember reading in school this is one of the series that I was shocked to find my child NOT reading.
Gina Starling
Feb 10, 2012 Gina Starling rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ece3601, science
PK-3 This is a fun story about a class trip to a volcano. I would make use of this book to teach my young class about volcanos.
Kiana
Oct 31, 2011 Kiana rated it really liked it
i have`nt finished reading the book , but it has been great so far . i know it will end in a great surprise or unknown answer . ...more
ABC
Dec 07, 2011 ABC rated it really liked it
Exploding with information, this is a great way to learn about volcanoes. Not too scary, just enough to be suspenseful.
Kitty
Dec 02, 2008 Kitty rated it really liked it
This will be a fun read-aloud during our study of Volcanoes :) I really wish I could be Miss Frizzle!
Kevin Graham

Very informative. Great for students interested in science and fiction.
Rebecca
Sep 29, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
This one has everything you'd want to know about volcanoes. It taught me a lot!
Michaela
Oct 21, 2011 Michaela rated it it was amazing
I don
Edward
Aug 21, 2013 Edward added it
its ok
Ilm
Ilm marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Abigail Galvin
Abigail Galvin rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Hoffman
Rebecca Hoffman rated it it was amazing
George
George rated it liked it
Renee Peters
Renee Peters rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Ups And Downs: A Book About Floating And Sinking (The Magic School Bus)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Ants In Its Pants: A Book About Ants (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)

The Magic School Bus Chapter Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)