Start by marking “Fatal Trust” as Want to Read:

Fatal Trust

Catherine Alexandra Barrington is a successful estate planning attorney at a stuffy Philadelphia law firm who’s lived, with a few minor lapses, according to her even stuffier upper-class mother’s rules of proper conduct. After a humiliating divorce, Catherine’s content with her slightly dull, intentionally celibate life. She should have known better than to open a letter f ...more
ebook
Published November 5th 2013 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Trust

Beth McCraw
It was ok..kinda cheesy. I didn't really connect with the characters at all or believe their chemistry ☹ ...more
Tracy T.
Okay story, bad romance, great narration by Tanya Eby. (audible review)

So, this was barely an okay story. The character and romance development between Ben and Catherine/Lexie was extremely poor. The mystery part was okay and there was a little surprise thrown in and it did keep me guessing, so there is that. There was also a lot of dialogue and I like dialogue so there is that as well.

I think the story would have been better had the romance been left out completely since these two were not good
Cindelu
Apr 23, 2014 Cindelu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on Goodreads.

It is action packed with a great variety of characters.
It has romance, mystery, adventure and excitement.
And I must confess I didn't guess, "who done it"
Shannon Dyer
Round up to 3.5 stars. Review published at AudioGals.
Diana Thomsen
Feb 23, 2017 Diana Thomsen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable, but fun

I admit it. I perfected pretty much every twist way too early, which made me sad. I kept hoping I was wrong, but no such luck. Yet I still enjoyed the book, even though I rather wanted to strangle all the characters myself! Seriously. They were annoying. Even the main protagonists bugged me. But I had fun, anyway, so there's that.
Lizzie
Mar 12, 2017 Lizzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-mystery
The client, an old guy who is a best selling author. The lawyer, a woman who is a bit too controlled, recently divorced, but who really feels obligated to follow her deceased client's wishes. The hero, a good looking, fun loving, mechanic (or maybe something more). The bad guy who possible murdered the decedent - that's the task assigned to the lawyer and the mechanic by the old man.

As a final whim, the old guy includes a codicil that his heirs have to stay at his mansion together for a certain
Ann
Dec 16, 2015 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, prime-koll
At it's heart, this is a Romance, which I don't usually read much of. BUT, it also has a solid murder mystery -- which is why I chose it. Famous horror writer has died and the lawyer handling the estate has to work with one of the potential heirs to find out who killed him. And those heirs? They have to live together in the house -- which may or may not be haunted -- for two weeks or they forfeit their share of the inheritance.

Many of the characters are types, but that's o.k. It's that sort of s
ElaineY
1 star for being a DNF.

There was nothing here to engage me at all - no chemistry between the MCs, no lively dialogue, no tension of any kind. Whatever I managed to listen to (despite Tanya Eby's excellent narration) was just meh. I was expecting a fun story, nothing special since the plot's old, but what I got was mediocre writing with insipid dialogue and narratives.

Pity it was narrated by Eby because I have not liked her older works so I was pleasantly surprised by her performance here. I thou
Steph's Rom Book Talk
This mystery was funny and sexy with loads of twists and turns. Kept me on the edge of my seat trying to guess who the killer was throughout the entire book until the big reveal. Really enjoyed the writing style and quick tongue between the characters.

This specific video review: http://youtu.be/_FLPO2HzWgA

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel Stephanie Uncensored
Vic
Combination of kindle read/audible listen for this KU selection. (Narration by Tanya Eby 4*) This book felt more of a mystery to me than a romance suspense. I found it very enjoyable and Agatha Christie-ish. I liked Ben and found him charming. He comes across as a bit of a rube / a$$ in the beginning. I liked Lexie as well. Some of the decisions made towards the end of the story had me suspending disbelief but... I enjoyed it overall.
Lia Mcintosh
Jul 13, 2014 Lia Mcintosh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had so much fun listening to this book. Personally, I think mysteries make great audiobooks, especially when there's a little romance thrown in. This one has that AND colourful, quirky characters and a big, old, dark mansion to boot. It was just so much fun.
It is action packed with a great variety of characters.
It has romance, mystery, adventure and excitement.
And I must confess I didn't guess, "who done it"

Tanya Eby was great with the narration of the story.
NV
Sep 18, 2016 NV rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good storyline

Good storyline and believable characters. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot twists and the character development. This is my first book by Diana Miller and I am looking forward to more.
Sarah Sherwood
Jul 09, 2016 Sarah Sherwood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good mystery but I was not compelled to finish it in one sitting. The plot was good but sometimes predictable. I did like the perseverance of the female protagonist as she searched for the truth and I was surprised in the end to find out who did it.
Marianne Broccolo Bair
Great read

Fatal Trust was excellent. Kept me reading more to find out how this mysterious book would end. Was not disappointed. This book had a variety of characters, a lot of suspense and some romance all mixed together which made it a very enjoyable read.
Kerry
Apr 11, 2015 Kerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great Kindle Unlimited find! This book had me laughing out loud at parts and kept me fully engaged throughout. There was a great group of characters who were entertaining and interesting. I loved the "whodunit" and was totally surprised by the killer! A great light read for a rainy day!
Sherry Ledbetter
good mystery

Very good mystery story. Surprised to learn who the bad guy was. The descriptions of the characters are very well rounded. If you like a mystery story with good ideas and one that doesn't loose site of the original information. I would recommend reading this one.
Tanya Eby
Dec 10, 2013 Tanya Eby rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-m-the-narrator
I had so much fun reading this. Personally, I think mysteries make great audiobooks, especially when there's a little romance thrown in. This one has that AND colorful, quirky characters and a big, old, dark mansion to boot. It was just so much fun.
Bob Coates
Oct 09, 2016 Bob Coates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written I loved the characters especially Lexie. Kept you turning the pages right to the end.

If you like suspense mixed with a little romance th r enough you will like this book Yes I would
Jul 01, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading it was kind of like stumbling across a movie on TBS-- it's not awful, but it's not amazing either, just kind of something decent enough to pass the time.
Robin Reese
This wasn't what I was expecting. I was thinking it would be a little more scarey. It was good though. Its a good light read.
Tawanda Brown
Dec 24, 2015 Tawanda Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A page turner

Love, love, loved this book. It was really a page turner with surprises around every corner. I thought it was going to be straight forward. Great read
Jennifer Veer-Boyes
Not to bad

This book wasn't to bad. It wasn't the best I've ever read, but worth reading one time.

I felt it dragged on a little, but good plot and good ending.
Kennedy Redd
its about a girl who helps out one of her employees family find a murder. she falls in love with on of the family. i really liked this book
Cris
DNF -- I got about halfway through but couldn't really get into it. Ben is thoroughly unlikeable (at least in the first 48% of the book), Catherine/Lexie is a bore, and the plot is merely 'meh'.
linda m. johnson
Fatal Trust

This was such an excellent read. The story is full of suspense and a great love story. Please take time to read this excellent book.
Teresa Nothem
Nov 10, 2015 Teresa Nothem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda Cole
Jul 19, 2016 Linda Cole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very tricky

Very good book with strong characters and A story that will keep you guessing. I was surprised at the end.
Portia
Jan 10, 2017 Portia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy and suspenseful. Perfect start to my New Year.
Laura Hannaway
I couldn't really engage with the characters and therefore struggled with this one.
Suze
Jan 08, 2017 Suze rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FATAL TRUST

A good whodunit book, interesting plot with many twists and turns. Ben and Lexie are great main characters, although the cocktail waitress theme was a little corny.
  • Undiscovered (Treasure Hunter Security #1)
  • Twilight
  • Uncle John's iFlush Swimming in Science Bathroom Reader for Kids Only!
  • Ruby Hill
  • Ghost of a Lie
  • Cracked Open: Liberty, Fertility, and the Pursuit of High-Tech Babies
  • The Complete H.P. Lovecraft Reader (68 Stories)
  • Cold Hearted (Cold Justice, #6)
  • The Perfect Lie
  • Remember Dippy
  • The Amazing Story Of The Fabulous Medjool Date
  • Through the Door to Danger
  • Frankenstein on the Cusp of Something
  • The Hard Way (Laurel and Helen New York Mystery, #3)
  • Forewarned
  • National Cowboy Poetry Gathering: The Anthology
  • The Warriors (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold, #4)
  • Screenshot
When she was eight, Diana Miller decided she wanted to be Nancy Drew. But no matter how many garbage cans she dug through, conversations she “accidentally” overheard, and attics she searched, she never found a single cryptic letter, hidden staircase, or anything else even remotely mysterious. She worked as a lawyer, a soda jerk, a stay-at-home mom, a hospital admitting clerk, and a conference host ...more
More about Diana Miller...