Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang

Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang (Nate the Great #21)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Nate the Great needs your help. Annie's dog, Fang, is missing! That's what Nate discovers when his friends throw him a surprise Happy Detective Day party. Where is Fang? As you and Nate track down clues--Fang was learning tricks for the party; he was seen running away from two tiny poodles and following a lady wearing fluffy-bunny shoes--Nate will share his expert detectiv...more
Published August 28th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great and Me

midnightfaerie
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 15 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Dolly
Nov 13, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another entertaining story in the Nate the Great series by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat and Marc Simont. We've read most of these stories and our youngest really likes them. They are always fun, and always strange.

This story has an interesting format, with Nate speaking directly to the reader and including us into the detective work. It's a good mystery and our girls were excited because we figured it out. There are some fun pages at the end of the book, with detective tips, a puzzle and yum...more
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r...more
Clinton Brown
This book is about Nate speicl day when people celbrate good things about Nate the great.Then all of his friends were there absep one Annie's dog named fang. Then all of his friends started to seraching for fang so Nate went home and left his mother a note. Then so nate went to started to look for fang to so that he fount him sleeping beside this man.
Kristine Pratt
This has to be one of my all time favorite Nate the Great books. Here you get a chance to solve the case before Nate and his friends do. Lots of clues, lots of clever twists and turns, and I STILL didn't figure it out before the end of the book. A really fun read!
Shauna
Jan 07, 2009 Shauna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2nd graders
Recommended to Shauna by: no one
Read this to the class in two sittings. Liked the color pictures. I think this must be a few chapters from one of the larger Nate the Great books. The story was familiar to me.
Seth
the case is that Fang was lost. Fang was at the park. Sludge helped him by licking because there were doggie poems and one of them was Bark Bark Bark go to the park.
Katie Fitzgerald
This book is mentioned in my blog post from 3/18/11 entitled Easy Readers Old and New: http://sharingsoda.blogspot.com/2011/...
Marilyn
Other Nate the Great books have made us laugh out loud. This one not so much, but it has a code and a pancake recipe in the back...
Young-In Soh
Not the best Nate the Great book, but I like this series. Such a cute series for first and second graders. =D
Giggy
i'm just rating this one for all of them.
Elizabeth
Chapter book, includes a few activities.
Gage
Didn't finish...Boooooooooooooooooooooo!
Michelle
I used to love these books in grade school :D
Julian
I like the activities in that book.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Sep 02, 2014
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Kirk T
Kirk T added it
May 20, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case